The Charity Thread

Tyler.

I've been thinking about starting one of these. Basically one person wishes for an item and whoever grants it gets a point. Your wish can be any item or amount of neopoints

THIS IS NOT A BEGGING THREAD. BEGGING IS AGAINST NEOPETS RULES

K, so this is how the point system works.

Guy 1: My wish is: 10,000 neopoints,

Guy 2: I am granting Guy 1's wish.

Guy 2 then gets a point. When you get your wish you lose a point so you will have to grant other people's wishes to gain more. Clear enough? Everyone on the forums gets one point to start with.

Remember, if you wish for something highly overpriced (i.e. BGC, MSPP (TCG), SuAP) chances are it will be a long time before

you, if at all get it. So if REALLY REALLY REALLY lucky yes, but try not to go too high ;)

RULES! PLEASE READ!

-members reserve the right to not grant yourwish

-do NOT SPAM (i.e. "my wish is 100,00 neopoints" and that's it)

-do NOT complain about your wish not being granted

Formats Are Fun xD

For wishing:

[b]Hi, My name is:[/b]NAME
[b]and I wish for:[/b]ITEM OR AMOUNT OF NEOPOINTS
[B]Please send it to:[/B]USERNAME

For Granting:

[B]Hi,My name is:[/B] YOUR NAME
[B]and I am granting this persons wish:[/B] NAME OF PERSON YOU ARE GRANTING
[B]I will donate this:[/B] ITEM OR AMOUNT OF NEOPOINTS

have fun being charitable!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is a really good idea and i'll try to participate once someone posts a wish.

Currently i'm collecting tomatoes and i'm looking for any Altador Cup souveniors not in my gallery.

My username is kopakasheild5 btw.

Im Meagan! Hmmm. Let Me Think. My Wish Would Be A Darigan Paint Brush For My Jetsam He Would Look SO Awesome Darigan.

P.S. This Was A Really Good Idea, I Had A Random Act Of Kindness Board Up That Turned Out Very Well! I Even Gave Out A Cloud PB :)

I Granted One Of Jolly Squirrl's Wishes.

I can see you have good intentions, but, unfortunately, it is rather flawed.

If someone were, hypothetically, to ask for 4 Krawks and gets them, does the owner only get 1 point?

And does the user only lose one point as opposed to the user who lost a point for 10k?

What I'm trying to say is that everybody gets only 1 point per wish, no matter how costly that wish is.

If there's one thing I want above all else, it's the Halloween Paint Brush to paint my other Lupe. After that, I can focus on anything else. So yeah, just the Halloween Paint Brush. If that's too much, then a Halloween Lupe Plushie or Baby Lupe Plushie for my gallery. Other things can be found on my wishlist. http://www.neopets.com/~DocGregHouse

the points are rather arbitrary. maybe if getting a certain amount of points means something, it would give people more incentive to join in. not a prize or anything. i'm not sure that's allowed by neopets. but at least a list of people and their points in the first post would be a start.

tthis is completely allowed points can not be exchanged for neopoints or items they are like credit. if you wished for four krawks, as someone said, each item is worth a credit. this is not against neopets rules at all. its a way of being charitable aand giving back

I gave rotcchick081 and squirrel each an item from their wishlists.

As for my wishes...I'm trying to get the lab map for my side account, so a lab map piece would be nice (I have 3 and 5). Also, anything for my Slorg gallery that I don't already have.

My username is gkim85 and I'd love any negg or plushies that are unobtainable by dailies (like the altador prize plushies. I have them already XD).

More people may come if you rename this thread "winter holidy gift thread"? (For Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah and whatnot.) Charity... just... I don't know. I don't like that word. XD

Guys, I would love to grant some of your wishes but ask for something more reasonable! x_x

nice thread idea.. well obviously we all want paint brushes (id love a pirate one :P) .. however we rly should ask for smaller stuff (being that its charity)

soo.. i wish for the petpet lab map for my side account. my username is fusilla

EDIT: 400th post! Im a super member!! :D woot

nice thread idea.. well obviously we all want paint brushes (id love a pirate one :P) .. however we rly should ask for smaller stuff (being that its charity)

soo.. i wish for the petpet lab map for my side account. my username is fusilla

EDIT: 400th post! Im a super member!! :D woot

yeah i suppose your right. paint brushes are far fethched. therefore, i suppose i would change my wish to some secret lab pieces for my side. I have none yet.!

Thanks for the lupe items. I actually had to upgrade my gallery so that I could stuff all my new items in there. :D I have also updated my wishlist checklist.