I was your first friend,

But we've yet to meet,

The question is why,

At the start of each year,

I am guided back to you,

Along central port lines,

In the middle of the day,

Though never at noon.

the person is obviously a friend of everyone no matter if they are good or evil so that should say enough

and yet he gives another hint saying the person comes every year towards you so thats an obvious to the persons day

the problem i had was that i was adding something i shouldn't have been adding :yes:

okay been on green itchi part forever now can anyone nm me a good hint or answer? ive looked through the whole thread and still aint getting nothing from the hints :sad01_anim: think its just one of them days....

hanging my head in shame...tut tut just got it

Wow, finally got it, thanks to the hints from some kind people in this forum.

:-) Thanks all!

Well well well - you actually did it, I'm impressed! I'm afraid all I have for you so far this scrap of paper that I found in my garden yesterday... do come back soon though, I might have more information at some point.

Halloween Plot Event!

You have unlocked a piece of the thief's note!

Don't worry, Zosh. I'm in the same boat as you. I hope they keep the riddle open for a good while so those who aren't getting it have more time to figure it out. Nothing worse than losing the chance to solve a riddle. It just drives you batty afterwards.

EDIT: When I wrote this, I was apparently on page 14 of 26. Oops.

EDIT #2: Finally got the first riddle. Once I saw it, I realized what an evil and dirty trick that was. =P But I got them all now. Geez.

The first part is hard but makes sense

The first riddle of the second part is so frustrating but seems so easy once you get it!

The second riddle is a neopets item with a description that matches the riddle...

The third riddle has me vexed for now. I will keep going at it but would appreciate a slight clue in my Neomail...

why do people say the anwser is random

I was your first friend,

But we've yet to meet,

The question is why,

At the start of each year,

I am guided back to you,

Along central port lines,

In the middle of the day,

Though never at noon.

the person is obviously a friend of everyone no matter if they are good or evil so that should say enough

and yet he gives another hint saying the person comes every year towards you so thats an obvious to the persons day

the problem i had was that i was adding something i shouldn't have been adding :yes:

well.. it looks kinda random to me ! i answered the riddle (cause "At the start of each year" is a big hint) then searched the neopedia/google/etc. tryin to understand the "Along central port lines, In the middle of the day, Though never at noon" thing, but still don't get it ! Guess it requires a higher neopets knowledge .. anyone there to satisfy my curiosity ? :P

EDIT: taking back what i said ! it actually IS a riddle, smarter than what i thought !

well.. it looks kinda random to me ! i answered the riddle (cause "At the start of each year" is a big hint) then searched the neopedia/google/etc. tryin to understand the "Along central port lines, In the middle of the day, Though never at noon" thing, but still don't get it ! Guess it requires a higher neopets knowledge .. anyone there to satisfy my curiosity ? :P

im still guessing on that too but i think it has too do with the anouncement about the persons day

Wow, I totally missed this plot even starting! :D I've been so busy this past week. I was really hoping that TDN would start another plot or contest. Great timing, though. I'm struggling to make it through 10-score birthday week on Neopets, and then it's GMC next week, so you decide to run a plot. I'm never going to get any work done!

Well, I must say that this plot is many, many times better than AotA! Thanks, Izzy and Ian, for giving me a plot worth doing!

I'm done the first part now. That didn't take too long. When will the next part be released?

Riddle number three is a lot more cleaver than many of you are thinking. You don't need to go hunting for things to solve it. Of course, it doesn't matter how you determine the correct answer, but if you did find it by searching on Neopets, you may be surprised on the other way you could have solved it.

Hmm... I'll think of a hint to give you...

Neopets is a good place to find the answer. AND FOCUS ON THE PLUSHIE!

Oh, I don't get that part either! I thought you meant the VERY first part.

I can't seem to figure that out either. D:

Haha, you're welcome. xD

I'm searching everything word in the search box.

Seeing if that comes up with anything good.

It took a little while for me to figure out the first one, but I totally headdesk'd when I figured it out. The second one was easy, but I had to do a little research. :P

Completely stuck on the third one. Bah, I should be studying for finals, not breaking my brain on riddles. XD

Can I get a small hint for the first one? I am completely confused...

Err... I don't know. We can't give out hints. I only figured it out because I thought the syntax was a little strange.

I'm so sorry if that's too big a hint! *sweat*