Chapter 10 of AoTA - Coming soon!

Ali Cat

Update: Chapter 10 is released with two new games to play! Score 520 on Clockwork Codebreaker and 350 on Moltara Run to receive the prizes to complete the plot step.

Chapter 10 of Atlas of the Ancients is expected to be released soon. The journey into Moltara begins!

ch-10.jpg

aota-ch10.jpg

Be sure to keep up to date with any new steps that come out by reading TDN's coverage of the plot!

atlas-1.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Time Tunnel game associated with Atlas of the Ancients will have to do with that large door with the circular lock found in Moltara.

Maybe this comic will have that step?

I've already started practicing the game. It took me forever to get good at Clara on Ice because I'd never played it before.

I feel like they're close to being done since the NC Challenge steps are all released and can only be completed until December 2.

While playing Moltara Run I came across a ruby that I hadn't seen in the last ten plays. Has anyone else seen this and do you know how many bonus points it is worth?

I got a score of 699 and didn't receive the prize.

EDIT: NVM, the prize was in the inventory. The prize is the wings that Roxton is wearing in the game.

Clockwork Codebreaker:

fur_geartable.gif

Silver Gear Table

Moltara Run:

clo_wings_charredsteam.gif

Charred Steam Wings

i really dont understand how the code breaker game works. i mean which light corresponds to what ring? I like the games that requires less thought lol. ugh~ at least we can practice some before the plot thickens... i'd rather not get left in the dust!

I like those wings :O are they wearable?

I might actually try get this game item then >.>; I'm no good at the others lol

i really dont understand how the code breaker game works. i mean which light corresponds to what ring? I like the games that requires less thought lol. ugh~ at least we can practice some before the plot thickens... i'd rather not get left in the dust!

The first light works for the inner most ring. Check at the beginning to see if you have any green lights. then work your way out from the middle rotating it once until the light turns green. It takes a little bit of luck too, but I got it after a couple of trys. I hope that helps.

The way I play that codebreaker game is the same way I play Codebreaker. I try it before I move anything and that tells me how many of that color are in the code. Then, I move however many more I need one click and that tells me how many I need to use of that color and so on. For example, it starts on all dark purple. I submit a guess and two green lights light up. I know that I need to use two dark purple. So I leave two dark purple and move the rest on to the cloudy looking gem (I believe that's the second gem on the first lock...) and submit again. At this point, some of the lights may be yellow, but that's okay. As long as they are not red, I know there are some of that color that I need to use. So maybe now I have one green light, two yellow, and one red. This tells me that I need to use two purple, one cloudy, and one of the other colors. I click the last circle to the next color and if it switches a light away from red, I know that's the color I need. If it doesn't, I know it's the other one. Then I try different combinations of the gem colors I need to use until all the light turn green. It may sound complicated, but it's really simple once you get the hang of it and it almost always gets you through the code or at least the first two, which should be all you need to get the score.

@looneybin21, can you clarify your strategy for the second part a bit? I can figure out which colors I need, but not how to figure out the pattern. With only 4 colors it was okay to try a bunch until you hit on the right one, but with 5 I don't have enough chances to figure it out. I'm really terrible at this kind of game -_-; Any other suggestions/help is appreciated!

It's hard to explain my strategy for the second part really. I just try to use logical thinking. In the first lock, it's fairly easy.

If you have: PPRC (purple, purple, red, cloud) and all lights are yellow, your next step would be to try RCPP. That would either give you all green or two green and two yellow. In the second case, input CRPP and you get through.

When there aren't two of one, it gets harder. Say you have: PBRC (B=Blank) and all are yellow. My first attempt would be CRBP. If two turn green, I'd try CRPB. If that ruins it, I'd try RCBP. If that doesn't work, I'd try CBRP.

Sorry, it probably doesn't help much, but it should only take you five tries at most to get your colors on the second lock, so you then have seven tries left to mess around to find the right order. It helps if you write down the attempts as well, just so you don't accidentally try the same thing twice.

Thank you, I guess I'll keep trying. You don't actually have to get these items to go on to the next chapter/whatever, do you? I like the plot, but I prefer the easy games xD

EDIT: haha, nm, just got it. wow, the third level was really easy compared to the second! Now on to the next thing... thanks again for your help, looneybin21!

okay, I get Time Tunnel, but I don't understand this game :crying: Can someone please help me? Where are you trying to make the code, in the gap in the rings at the top where the red arrow points to? Argh.

Edit: Okay, actually, I think I figured it out :D

You are trying to match the "code" at the very top in between the two blue arrows. No one's confirmed yet if the lights correspond to the position of the stones, but after playing the third level I believe they do. Left - right, bottom - top. Please read Looneybin's strategy above - start with one color and see what lights you get, then change one at a time depending on the lights you get. You only need to get past the first two levels to get the desired points for the challenge.

ALSO, for Moltara Run please be aware that after sending a score of 350 or higher your prize will simple appear in your inventory! You will not get the classic blue "challenge" screen!

Can't they do anything right at TNT? If it's not bad enough that they copy games one on one (glubgar code still works, but there's no glubgar), they can't even copy right. I can play Volcano Run II perfectly fine, sent my scores ten times today, but Moltara Run lags immensely and is barely playable.

Oh yeah and Tunnel Tumble always crashes after five seconds, while Darigan Dodgeball does not.

How hard can it be to code something right if it already exists and you just need to copy and change a texture.