Has anyone quit neopets?

leashluvsluke

Hi Everyone!

So I have been hearing these stories on the neopian forum boards about people quitting neopets, and if you want Draik Eggs/Paint Brushes/Rare Items to neomail them and they will donate them to you.

Is this some kind of scam? Has anyone benefited from any such scheme or has anyone actually donated things like paint brushes to random players? It seems a little too good to be true!

If anyone has stories to share I would love to hear them ^_^

It does seem scammish. Half the time, people make boards like that asking for you to neomail them so they can somehow manage to trick you out of your password or neopoints.

I would ignore boards like that, because if someone really wants to give their stuff away, they'll do it anonymously or donate through the Money Tree.

In my experience, if people are leaving... they give stuff to their friends. Most people hate beggers and just because they're leaving doesn't mean they want to give all their stuff away to any random person who asks.

Though I did get about 2mil from a girl I met on the HC last year - I was just chatting to her for a bit about goals, then she said she liked that I'd never asked for nor expected anything (which is true, I was posting in the hopes of a BC vote lol) and gave me what she had :) Begging for stuff won't get you anywhere!

Yep, I quit neopets quite some time back (with my old account then... It's 7.5 years old now) and gave my stuff to my classmate. It's hard to find people who would be generous enough to give such valuable items to total strangers, really (or well, I might just be very cynical).

If you quit neo, nothing happens to your pets and items. You can even have them back when you come back and you actually remember your password. (Most people, including me, don't remember the password, though. XD) If I quit, I'll adopt out my pets to someone whom I know would love and care for them, and give items to my friends. Or donate to money tree. The boards you mentioned sounds like a scam.

If I ever quit, I'd just give all the items to my friends and on this forum instead of giving it out to random people. It seems like a scam, but there's always a chance it's not. *shrugs*

Yeah, it sounds a bit suspicious. :/

I'd stay away, just to be safe. :]

And as most people have already pointed out;

people who quit tend to give their items/neopoints

to their friends, most of the time. c:

Edit:

Yay, I'm finally a super member! This was my 400th post. :]

I've actually noticed an increase of scams these days. I post on the neo boards, and 5 minutes later, some person who's only labelled "newbie" starts mailing about lending them money, or that they're going to quit soon and needs someone to keep their account running or is giving away their neopoints/pets because they're leaving. They ask for you pw and the scam thing starts. =='

Thanks everyone, I have decided that it probably was a scam, I'll just keep my hopes pinned on getting paintbrushes and millions of np the old fashioned way!

There are people who do "give" stuff away sometimes, but it's usually not the really expensive stuff. On the Avatar Chat boards, there are often people trading a cheap paintbrush or a cheap morphing potion for 1 np, plus a random item. They just randomly choose from the offers they get.

Also, I've seen paint brushes appear at the Money Tree before, so people do just give their stuff away sometimes.

Most people don't just give expensive stuff to people randomly, though. Just use common sense. If it sounds way too good to be true, then it probably is.

I lost my password to my old account which I started back in 1999 or 2000 and now it's been deleted and someone else has the username.

So I guess after a while they just delete the accounts that haven't been used in forever?

In regards to expensive items, I haven't ever asked or mailed anyone saying they were giving away stuff so I don't really know if it would be a scam or not. Guess it's up to you if you want to reply to them or not, I'd be more worried that they would somehow to get details for my account so again, usually it's not worth the bother :)

I know what you mean, I actually started playing about 9 years ago, but can't remember my account name. When I look up the name of the pet that I had it doesn't exist, so they must do something with inactive accounts.

I know what you mean, I actually started playing about 9 years ago, but can't remember my account name. When I look up the name of the pet that I had it doesn't exist, so they must do something with inactive accounts.

Yeah well the bandwidth and server content of theirs is limited to an extent, which brings to question the ultimate time limit they allow for an account to stay inactive. I think its about 7years or so.

I think names get washed away after 3 or 4 years. I'm tempted to send in an email and ask if I give them my DOB and my name, if they can tell me what my old username was lol

When I 'quit' the first time (read: Forgot about Neopets) I didn't do anything. I uhm...lost some paintbrushes doing that. They'd be worth a good amount by now. :(