Cheering yourself up...

freedomflighter

If I am mad, I put on my iPod w/Rammstein, Marilyn Manson, etc. and run until I can't run anymore (or if you can't go run, "deep clean" your house!) It has yet to fail me/calm me down!

I am upset/depressed then I usually get a bag of baked lays and ranch dip and watch silly movies like "Dude, where's my car." :)

Usually, I'll try to sleep, but most of the time it doesn't work.

I think the best thing to do is get a close friend that is trustworthy

and talk about what is making you feel down.

Your friend might be able to cheer you up. ^^

Listening to the same song repeatedly helps me get

that song stuck in my head and I always forget

about what I was upset about. xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I have a bad day I meditate

Seriously, I just sit down and think, about what is making me mad and how I can fix it, or if it is really worth getting mad about...

and other times I'll just daydream, think about I can make my life better, how I would like to be. How I can make things happen.

For example today I got some bad news at work and I'm really mad about the new rules they have, but I'm just thinking it's not that bad and eventually it will get back to normal, it's only temporary.

And a hot bad with lost of bubbles and candles helps a lot too!

Today... today is hard. And today cheering myself up just means being really quiet and not letting things get to me.

Feels like "today" is always hard of late. sigh.

I like to spend time by myself, being really quiet. Sadly, it's like Star Trek: Mark of Gideon in my RealLife :( . I am never alone. Faces all around me, no place for solitude. :sad01_anim:

Going nuts.

When I feel really sad, I usually just lay in bed and sleep, or I play some music that I can sing along to, or with lyrics that are similair to how I feel.

Or I just put on my shoes and go for a walk. Hiking isn't really possible here so :P

Or I just cry (in bed), until I'm exhausted and fall asleep. Usually when I wake up, I feel better (and wonder why the hell I was so depressed).

But sometimes when it's pretty bad, it takes a day or two to get over it.

I curl up in bed, watch some desperate housewives, and eat chocolate. :)

• 4 months later...

I'm pretty consistently always happy because I always know that no matter what, Jesus loves me :) But on a bad day I yell "MAD!" and make a frown-face in the mirror. It always cracks me up

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that ahve been inactive for more than three weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.