Cheering yourself up...

freedomflighter

I've had a terrible day, full of annoying meetings and small disappointments. I am now listening to Smashing Pumpkins, and sitting out in the garden with my laptop. :) It's a beautiful sunny day and is helping me feel a lot better. Just wondering what everyone else does to make themselves feel better after a terrible day? I hope no-one answers, because you're all too busy having a wonderful day :)

If I have a bad day, I tend to listen to some loud and depressing songs. but after a while, all I have to do is listen to one of my favorite uplifting song while driving my car really fast. I sing loud and abnoxiously and after a while I just feel better. Sometimes it just takes eating something I enjoy that I shouldn't be eating. Junk food or dessert items. Just treating myself to good things does the trick most time.

and driving my car really fast... I never go over the speed limit... b)

Usually, if I'm having a bad day, it's because I had an annoying day at work. I like to get in the car and put on some great Swedish death metal, usually Opeth, Thyrfing, or Dimension Zero. I just turn it up and let it wash all the badness away. If I had a really bad day, I might go for a drive in the country and go hiking. There's just something about sitting on a rocky outcropping, next to a waterfall, that makes everything better. Soon everything will be frozen, though, and I'll have to blow off steam by shovelling the driveway.

Usually, if I'm having a bad day, it's because I had an annoying day at work. I like to get in the car and put on some great Swedish death metal, usually Opeth, Thyrfing, or Dimension Zero. I just turn it up and let it wash all the badness away. If I had a really bad day, I might go for a drive in the country and go hiking. There's just something about sitting on a rocky outcropping, next to a waterfall, that makes everything better. Soon everything will be frozen, though, and I'll have to blow off steam by shovelling the driveway.

Lol, I'm not sure about the death metal, I'm a rock, hip hop and reggae person myself. :) But I know exactly what you mean about the hiking. Sometimes it's just so nice to get away from town and people.

• 3 weeks later...

This might sound kinda weird... haha. But I seriously do this a lot. :P

When I'm in a bad/sad mood or something's going wrong, I like to go in the bathroom and listen to music and dance in front of the mirror. And usually I'll pretend that I'm someone else and have silent conversations with imaginary people from my favorite books and movies and stuff (ahaha, like, I act stuff out a little and mouth words but I don't actually talk cause I don't want people in my house to wonder what the heck I'm doing talking to myself.) If I need to, I cry. Hard. And again I like to pretend I'm crying about something else sometimes. :P It totally takes my mind off my own situation and sometimes makes me realize how much worse it would be to actually be the person I'm acting as. :)

And as for the TYPE of music, well.... it depends. Sometimes it's the stuff that makes me dance, sometimes it's the stuff that makes me cry. Most of the time anything will work because I find it easy to dance OR cry.

And if it's REALLY bad, then I listen to George Michael and just sit there and bawl my eyes out. :P

I play Red Alert and blast everything in sight just for fun.

Or if I'm outside, I pretend I'm absolutely and perfectly happy and sometimes the more you pretend the more it becomes real.

...But sometimes nothing works.

Mmm... Bingeing. I know. I am usually a sucker for coffee, and twizzlers (I think they're called twizzlers :P)

Hmmm I don't think they have those where I am. Ruffles Cheddar Cheese does wonders though. And a huge cold bottle of something fizzy.

I draw when I get stump because that releases on what everything happens to me at that day while listening to music or watching old comedy movies, nothing's better than to smile even on a bad day.

You could always write it down everything that pisses you off on a piece of paper and then when you're all done light it on fire and laugh manically while you watch it burn to the ground. Course, that's probably not very conventional, but I'm sure it's bound to lighten up your mood at least a little bit :yes:

Depending on how bad my mood is, I'll probably rant to my friends if possible. If I'm on the verge of blowing up, listening to heavy metal as well as reading help distract me :) If I'm slightly depressed etc, I'll probably watch some comedy or read humourous stuff online like on failblog.org or I'll read sappy fanfics and end up grinning like a silly person in my room. Sleeping helps if you can fall asleep I guess, but I'm usually unable to fall asleep due to the incessant train of thoughts running through my head @_@.