Cloud Raiders - Coming Soon!

Ali Cat

In conjunction with the Atlas of the Ancients plot, it looks like the New Game Challenge will finally be getting some attention! Doesn't the ship in these images look familiar?

Frontpage Marquee

game_cloudraiders.jpg

Game Buttons

ctp_1149.gificon_1149.giftm_1149.gif

News Banner

game_cloudraiders_news.gif

Trophies

1149_1.gif1149_2.gif1149_3.gif

It isn't a "new game challenge" game, it's a game that has to be played to go along with the plot. I'm not sure about minimum score, so best complete the game because it only got 3 levels. You'll get an item out of that. Also need to click on the golden mechanical faerie fountain thing on the 3rd or 4th square of the comic to get another item.

ARRG. WHY has Neo suddenly decided that a necessary feature of new games is having the worst controls EVER?!? :grrr: I get how the game's supposed to work, but it's proving to be darn near impossible with my laptop's trackpad -- the ship just runs into trees repeatedly because I get a split second off on my timing, and I lose a bunchload of health because the screen scrolls too quickly and I have no chance to try to get the ship off the tree. I'm sure I'll be able to get the required score eventually (assuming my blood pressure doesn't get so high that my brain explodes first -_-) but after that I'm joining the "never playing this again" crowd. :P

Well it took three goes but I finally got the stupid 1000 points that I needed, I can honestly say I wont be playing this game again though. I don't particularly like it and only did it three times to progress with the plot.

ARRG. WHY has Neo suddenly decided that a necessary feature of new games is having the worst controls EVER?!? :grrr: I get how the game's supposed to work, but it's proving to be darn near impossible with my laptop's trackpad -- the ship just runs into trees repeatedly because I get a split second off on my timing, and I lose a bunchload of health because the screen scrolls too quickly and I have no chance to try to get the ship off the tree. I'm sure I'll be able to get the required score eventually (assuming my blood pressure doesn't get so high that my brain explodes first -_-) but after that I'm joining the "never playing this again" crowd. :P

I agree with you onime. It's hard playing this game with a laptop. ><; If this isn't part of the AotA, I would probably play this only once.

Well I agree with you guys I got it after my 5th try but it's not really enjoyable when your ship just get stuck down and takes 2 full mins for it to be killed without being able to do anything about it X(

plot chapter 5 seems to be out too and well there was an item coming with it as well ;)

don't know if you have to get that 1000 points first...

I got it first time, but I really dont like it. Its kinda dum.

I'd love some more games like 'let it slide'. My type of game...not that good at it, but its fun :)

Not only do I have a laptop (therefore using a touchpad instead of a mouse) but my laptop is rather slow. Which is really annoying, because it starts to lag behind and then all of a sudden the end screen pops up showing my score as "0" because I haven't had a chance to play the game in time >.<

I can tell this is going to take a while for me to get a score of 1000 :(

Well, after all these glaringly obvious reviews(not unfounded, not at all mind you), I want to put a positive note here, I played the game a out three times I think my top score was 1507. Yes, the controls can be very clunky when you first start playing, the first time I tried I could only get 500, but after playing it through a few times without sending my score I got the hang of it, the trick to me seems to be drawing the lines very steadily(which even with a mouse is hard, let a lone a track pad!), and knowing what is coming up, which to be honest, I have memorized everything. There are quite a few places where it is imperative you go, for example on the second level getting the bonus area above the clouds. Also getting the start powerups when you can is absolutely imperative. It helps gain points when things run into you and you dont lose hp when running into trees.

Well, after all these glaringly obvious reviews(not unfounded, not at all mind you), I want to put a positive note here, I played the game a out three times I think my top score was 1507. Yes, the controls can be very clunky when you first start playing, the first time I tried I could only get 500, but after playing it through a few times without sending my score I got the hang of it, the trick to me seems to be drawing the lines very steadily(which even with a mouse is hard, let a lone a track pad!), and knowing what is coming up, which to be honest, I have memorized everything. There are quite a few places where it is imperative you go, for example on the second level getting the bonus area above the clouds. Also getting the start powerups when you can is absolutely imperative. It helps gain points when things run into you and you dont lose hp when running into trees.

This actually helped me a lot. Once I started going above the clouds like you said, I got over 1000 in no time, which was great since I was stuck at about 950 and not getting any better. This method really works and I'd encourage anyone still having trouble to give it a try.

I only played this game twice: the second time, I got over 1,000 points. And I played it with a track pad. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought I would be. ;)

Ahh, it's not as bad as I thought.

I used the mouse from my mum's computer (which helped a lot) and closed down all other computer programs (therefore making it run better) and it was suprisingly easy to get a score of 1000.

But, like others have said, it's a game I'll most likely not play again.