Do you quit while playing Keyquest?

Jenny ^_^

I've had some trouble joining games because of laggy internet on another player's end, but I've never had anyone quit on me midgame, purposefully or accidentally. But that would be such a pain. :guiltysmiley:

I think you'd have to be a pretty sore loser to want to quit on purpose, even when tempted by the promise of the NPs you won, and your key. :P

• 2 years later...

I never quit on purpose, yet there are some very rare occassions when my browser shuts down for some reason. Once it happened the very moment when my opponent was about to enter the quest door, and I felt really bad about it, so I tried to nm her, but she wouldn't accept nm from me.. :(((

Like people have said above, I don't quit unless my internet goes out or something. Most of the time, people quit on me. >. I'e stopped playing or that reason. But maybe I'll try it out again today just because!

I know this an old thread (sorry!) but I have never played KQ and I'm interested in learning. I will read about it but if there is anyone here who wants to play with a noob, please let me know. You will win and I PROMISE not to quit on you (you can come back here and say all kinds of nasty things about me if I do. :D ) I really just want to try it out a couple of times to see if it is something that I would like. You would need to be a bit patient with me but at least you will get a good prize out of it ;) . Alright - I'll check back here later to see if there are any takers.

Oops! I just saw the "who wants to play key quest" thread. Please disregard!! I still am in the "don't quit" category.

I used to be a quitter, not "just because I'm not winning" but when people cheated or kept throwing key changers and rainbow thingies at me when they were secured a win because I had 1 key and they had 4. But it's just mean, I've found and it just leaves you feeling bad and the oponents infuriated. I use the mean power ups for all it's worth, but I try to be fair about it, as far as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like when people quit on me, so I try not to do it to them. The only exception would be if I started lagging so bad that I couldn't play. In that case I might just quit and try again later. On this computer I rarely have lag issues, though, it's mostly my old laptop that does it.

Never on purpose. I've just started playing KQ almost a week ago, and I've been disconnected a total of three times, likely because of my unstable internet connection. And I was winning in one of those games, too! :crying_blow: I don't care much for the keys, anyway, I just want the NPs. :D

• 4 months later...

I would only quit in the case of an emergency IRL where I had to.

And I'd let everyone know that it wasn't on purpose.

That's the only time I quit in Key Quest as well (I got a call at 2am from a friend telling me her car had broken down in an area where scary things had been happening). I didn't have the presence of mind to write down the other player's name so I could contact them later, I just shut down my laptop, grabbed my keys and left. I am fortunate that the other player didn't report me (the fact that he still had some keys missing while I was a few spaces away from winning probably helped) and I'm sorry that both of our time was wasted in that game, but I don't regret it. Real life takes precedence.

I don't play Key Quest anymore. It lags horrifically on me, which I don't understand because my computer is really good with every other browser based game out there.

The last time I played, I had to quit barely 2 rounds in because it was skipping my turns it was lagging so darn much. The mini games are jumpy, and the other person gets max points in every game.

My internet connection occasionally drops too, and after becoming aware of how many people report on this game, it's just not worth the risk for me anymore. It's a shame because it kinda reminds me of Mario Party and I'd love to enjoy it, but the game just doesn't like me for whatever reason.

I'll stick to Habitarium, where I can let it run and not be in danger of someone reporting me for "cheating" when the game is just laggy or the internet drops.

I've never quit on purpose, even when losing horribly, except for in instances that were completely beyond my control. Sometimes KQ freezes up my browser, or it glitches so bad I can't take my turn and end up getting booted. It makes me really mad, because I feel bad for the other player too, and of course I don't want to get reported for it.

But ppl playing power ups on you when you're losing is part of the game, I wouldn't take it personally..... I mean, there are plenty of things that can happen in a matter of ONE turn, where you can take their power ups and use them against them, key gains, etc............. there have been times when I thought FOR SURE I was gonna win or lose just to have the tables turn at the last possible second.

*** EDIT

I didn't realize this thread was from 2009, so my reply to the original post is pretty much pointless, lol.

Never ever quit on purpose but I have had my computer die on me a couple of times in the past and one time I thought it must have looked really suspicious because they were nearly at the door, I messaged them and sent them a gift to say sorry, luckily I had thier name to contact them.

I have been quit on plenty and know how frustrating it feels, I dont even mind losing I just like to play for the np and so on

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I was pretty good at Keyquest when it was up so I had a lot of people quitting on me, so I switched to playing with my Neofriends because they never quit. :D

• 2 weeks later...