Do you quit while playing Keyquest?

Jenny ^_^

The first time I ever played KQ I think I was able to roll the dice twice but don't think I was ever able to move. By the time the screen loaded my turn had timed out. A minigame loaded and was over before I could start. I didn't play again until I joined a guild that has some friendly players. I really think TNT should consider that people aren't going to go and buy better computers and faster internet just to play a few Neo game. I have a better computer now but I still wouldn't try to play against random players.

• 1 month later...

No way do I quit during a game...I suffer the embarrassment and low rolls and my slow computer and All the yucky Powerups being played on me and landing on the worse squares and etc...and do you know what...sometimes I actually win and by not quitting I think I am winning at any rate...

NO I have never quit and would never quit. It's a game and the purpose of the game is to win.. I don't care if you are getting slaughtered or not, you don't quit (that just makes you a poor winner or poor looser). I have had several people quit on me when they were loosing, it sucks. I personaly don't care if I win (it is nice to win and I seldom do lol as my minigames load too slow and I almost always loose).

I have had to quit a few times because of extreme lag, so much so that I could not even move the cursor during minigames & such. I try not to quit because I know it is frustrating for the other player(s) but I do also take into account that they may be experiencing issues if they quit on me.

At any rate, I don't think people should quit unless they are experiencing technical issues. Being slammed with power-ups isn't a good reason, unless you think they're cheating somehow . . . then report them to TNT after the game

Guest ErikaChristine

I've only played KeyQuest a couple of times but my computer can't really handle it. I was playing once and it booted me. I was so afraid for people to think that I was quitting on them, so since then I haven't gone back. :( It's too bad because I really liked playing, and I don't care what place I get in.

• 1 month later...

I only play with my Neofriends, so I've never had that much of a problem myself. But if it's against the rules to quit like that, I would probably just stick it out. I totally understand the feeling of not wanting someone who's being a jerk to win any prizes, though.

I used to quit out of a game before it started though, when I had just started and didn't know how to add Neofriends the right way. So random people would join my room and I would get freaked out and leave.

I never quit intentionally. D: D: Never ever. It's so rude and immature, and besides, I win better items from Silver Keys, anyways...

I also never play 3 or 4 player games, so I'm garunteed to get at least the Silver Key. xD Silver Keys are pretty good, too, and someone has to win. ;P

I only quit when the game glitches so bad I can't continue or if something goes wrong with my computer.

As I get better at the KeyQuest I've started to notice the ridiculous amount of people who quit when they are losing. It doesn't make any sense to me to quit when the other person is only blocks away from the door! It is rude and very frustrating. If you are really looking for a gold key, just don't open a door with the silver key, and play another game from the gold. I've started playing 3 player games, even though they take longer because usually one of the other players ends up leaving the game.

Yeah, I never ever quit on purpose but sometimes my computer glitches or I accidently hit a button.

It's unfortunate but it happens. However, I have been quit on a few times as I've landed on the treasure, or

as I am about to enter the end. It is really frustrating because usually when people quit on me I have a lot of

neopoints and well, the next game isn't as great. :/

I often play against my friends so we don't have to deal with quitters, and we chat via IM, so if someone's having computer issues, we know (they'll often be like, "please win ASAP so we can both get keys").

I have quit intentionally exactly one time. The person cheated by skipping their turn when I used a lintball on them, and I felt it was worth sacrificing my (soon-to-be silver) prizes to keep them from getting gold prizes (I had gold clinched had they not cheated). Petty, I know. It was an impulsive decision, and I regretted it immediately afterwards, since I didn't feel I could report them for cheating after I quit.

Other than that, even when the game glitches for me (e.g., skips my turn repeatedly or doesn't let me play minigames), I still leave it open, hoping my opponent can get to the finish before I'm kicked off completely, giving me at least a silver key. Usually, I get kicked off too soon, but it's usually fairly obvious I ran into unavoidable issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never intentionally quit in the middle of a KQ game. When I first started playing over a year ago, my computer wasn't all that great and it would freeze sometimes when I played. Since I got my new computer, I've never had any problems with freezing and have always finished my games.

Of course, I have had people quit on me while playing, which really irks me. I make it a point to only play KQ with the members of my guild anymore.

I've never quit and never will. My computer has frozen a couple of times, particularly on the minigames, but since I stopped playing 3-4 player games it hasn't frozen at all. I've also started playing against my friends, in just 2 player matches and it works well.

I have NEVER quit. I can't stand it when people quit on me. And I often use items when I am close to winning, because more often than not, that is when Bree decides to "Add three keys to the board!" or "Exchange one key!" or the direction gets reversed, or all players get moved to a random square - I have been in the position when I am the one who is losing badly, and the other playing is playing their power-ups on me, but I end up winning because I choose to stick it out.

I agree with the fact that you should not quit because you aren't the only one losing items - you're upset that you missed out on two silver keys, but that person missed out on two gold keys because of you quitting

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, unless I get disconnected. I've had far too many disappointing moments where people quit on me as I'm about to win, and I don't want other people to feel the same way, too. It's a waste of my time as much as it is theirs if I - or they - quit. Plus, I'm in it more for the NP than for the prizes, so it doesn't matter to me which key I win.