college people

oceanbluesky

i think it's cool that a lot of NP players are college age/adults. i'm living proof that you can be addicted to the site as a young adult and still have a perfectly normal social life! haha so i was just wondering what you other people's majors are? i am a math major with a spanish minor. go class of 2011! :)

Im in class of 2011 .. woohoo! :) Im going to University to get my BA of commerce (business). Then I'll prob get my masters after that (which is SUPER expensive)... so im saving up right now. ack.

Theres alot of math in my program, stats & calculus and what have you... you have to kind of enjoy it or you'd never make it through.. :P

wow, that's so cool! lots of smarties on here :)

i was actually pre-med my freshman year, then discovered my passion for math so that's where i am now...congrats to all of you making it into med school!

Wow, we are way too similar! I'm also part of the class of 2011 and a Math Major. I haven't quite decided my minor yet but was considering spanish at one time lol. I'm now leaning towards creative writing or chemistry.

wow, that is similar! but i've found out that people who like math/computer science also really like other languages...probably because math is practically like another language!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Im doin a masters now :graduated: and it CRAAAAZZZZEEEEE week 2 in and snowed under already :crying: Neo is such a bad distraction but i loves it :D if only i was doin work now instead of playin. . . . scampers off 2 at least pretend 2 do sumthin

Philosophy, and I'm also going to pursue a Master's in Library Tech so I can be a librarian, or perhaps an archivist.

I think that there's no reason someone our age can't lay Neopets and still have normal social lives, the only reason to think there is, is just snobbery.

Did you know that Neopets was originally aimed towards collage students (18-to-24-year-olds)? Adam and Donna created it when they were college students. They created it because they realized that young adult college students (who mostly live in dorms and apartments) missed being able to have pets.

haha yeah, i knew it was created for adults back in the day. but seriously, how many people do you know that would laugh at you if you told them you still play neopets?! it just SOUNDS so immature and childlike to those "outsiders" who don't understand! :P

I'm currently going for my Associates in Business Communication...then take a month or so off and launch into the Bachelor's work in the same field. A few of my freinds know I play NP (the ones who know what a complete dork I am, LoL).... but most would find it absurd.

Sheesh all these people are so smart! Math majors, business, medicine, law....

I'm an Art Major; Illustration and Art Education P-12. I'm just doing GEs at a community college (saving the $$$) til I transfer next Fall to SDSU.

I don't actually know any college students in my region who play Neopets; my sister does, but she's in high school. :/

Hi :) Welcome to TDN! Math major sounds scary :P

I'm at medical school... on placements in the hospitals most of the time though now, just have classes for a week or two every couple of months lol

Whoah! You're in med school AND you play neo? You're totally my idol now! XD I thought that by the time I get to university I'd have to quit neo or something :(.

Did you know that Neopets was originally aimed towards collage students (18-to-24-year-olds)? Adam and Donna created it when they were college students. They created it because they realized that young adult college students (who mostly live in dorms and apartments) missed being able to have pets.

I had no idea, that's a great bit of trivia. I don't live in a dorm and my cat drives me crazy, but I dote on my neopets.

I'd played Neo all through high school, so it's only fitting that I take it to college with me! :D

I'm currently working towards my AAS in Biotechnology, as well as working through a program that will put me into an internship with a Biotech company. I intend to work there while I finish my Bachelor's. ^^ As for Graduate study... I haven't decided yet, but I intend to get a PhD eventually so I can do good research.

Hey everyone! My name is Kelli, I'm right there with ya; 23, ubersenior in college (hopefully graduating in May). I'm new to TDN and these forums but I've been playing neopets for 4 years now. I am a premium member so I even waste my precious financial aid on this game o.O I'm also a new mom! :D I have an 11week old son who is a wonderful distraction from my neoaddiction LOL