I got my Contra Alto Clarinet! =D

KauKau

Do you play an instrument?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play an instrument?

• Yes (Post below what kind and why you chose it)
    • No

I finally got to play an Eb contra alto clarinet. It's so fun! It basically like a clarinet, but bigger. Like way bigger. This is a pic of one. It's pitched 2 octaves below the soprano clarinet, so an open G is pretty low. Here's a pic of one:

smvyvr.jpg

I only played it for about 8 minutes, but as TNT would say, I lurve it.

So, my dear TDNers, do you play an instrument? If so what kind? Why did you chose it?

I had to sit on two chairs today in band. Going up the scale is different on an Eb clarinet than a Bb one. It's like D E F# G A instead of G A B C D. I'm having trouble getting sounds out. My instructor told me that he's going to work on it with me. My dad asked me if I wanted to switch back to bass clarinet. I'm going to try to stick with contra. :) I guess I can go ahead and chronicle my playing progress here?

I used to be in a band for the clarinet. I liked it and was quite good at it.

Now I play the accoustic guitar.

Ive also played : the baritone (smaller version of a tuba), saxiphone, trumpet(I was aweful), french horn (also aweful), the keyboard and the trombone. I've always wanted to try the flute...

I used to be in a band for the clarinet. I liked it and was quite good at it.

Now I play the accoustic guitar.

Ive also played : the baritone (smaller version of a tuba), saxiphone, trumpet(I was aweful), french horn (also aweful), the keyboard and the trombone. I've always wanted to try the flute...

Awful. Awful, awful, awful. That's how you spell it. Sorry, that bothered me so bad...

My best instrument is the computer, actually. I used FL Studio for about a year, and I could make some pretty cool pieces. I was very insecure about them though, so I never finalized any of my songs. Actually physically playing an instrument is relatively new to me. I have an acoustic guitar I've been playing for about six months, and saxophone half a month ago, but honestly I haven't touched that in a while.

• 1 month later...

i play the cello XD

for 5 years now and at first it was just for fun and my mom made me do it

but a year ago i started getting really into music and even gota private tutor since i was going to music camp

and ever since ive really enjoyed playing my instrument and now im in advanced orchestra 2nd chair XD

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Meowy if you have any questions regarding this action.