NeoBoards  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the NeoBoards?

• Love it. (explain why in post)
    • Hate it.
    • I've never been there.
  2. 2. What do you hate about it?

• BUMPS!
    • Double, Triple, and quatruple posting.
    • Da ChATspeEk!!! (chat speak)
    • It's simply confusing.
    • Flamming (example is in C.A.V.'s post)
    • All of the above
    • Nothing. I love it! :D
    • People that report you for no reason (late entry)
    • Other (explain in post)
  3. 3. Would you recommend the boards to a newbie?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

The neoboards. Confusing, spammed, flammed, and messy. I hate it. Its confusing, and bumps are annoying. I wouldn't tell a newbie to go there. What is your opinion.

Oh yea, the flamming example. Here is one that I saw in the jelly boards when someone said its a myth:

"Your mom's a myth! Your face is a myth!"

and here is another from a board where someone was bumping the topic:

"Bumped like your mom!!!!"

How can TNT let that pass by them? :angry:

I prefer these boards personally! :) With all the worry about CGers and the useless bumping, and the annoying people who pretend they'll lend you something, waste 1 hr of your time, and then dont lend... I dont generally bother going there anymore.

(Although, I have been lent several things in the past via the boards, they used to be alot better...)

Im curious, is the pay site's boards better?

I'm mostly bothered by people who are just plain rude. No matter where you go, even in real life, there's always annoying people and I just ignore them. So when there's leetspeakers and spam I just skip over it.

I usually go in the HC, and it angers me most when people reply to boards in totally unhelpful ways. Like the other day I saw somone reply "well why don't you look it up yourself" to a person's legitimate question. I mean, if you have that attitude, what are you doing on the help chat in the first place? ...Though someone once sent me codestones for actually being helpful, so I try to pay it forward when I see others who are there doing what the board is there for. :D

I think someone once told me that the TNT staff members are on the premium boards sometimes, so it could be better.

Hmmm. I wish premium was a little bit cheaper, then i might be able to try it out. As it is I dont live in the US so its more expensive here than there :( booo

Ive never really been on the HC boards. But as I said before people on TDN are much more helpful, there are alot less spammers, and the mods do a much better job at keeping the boards on topic, and clean! :)

Where is the option for report happy people? They're most annoying of all of them. Finding the smallest thing to report you for. :\

Stupid flamming is also pretty annoying

but Uh... I chose both love it and hate it in the poll. Most of the people there are stupid and annoying, but it can also be really funny. I love to hate you, neoboards. <3

I wouldn't say that I hate the Neoboards, but I don't love it either. It's kind of a odd relationship I've with them.

I like to hang out with some friends on WAM boards (We Are Maraqua - a chat group created for the Altador Cup). I also like to use Kadoatery Time and List boards and some boards on Charters too.

Also, the Neoboards are a great place where to find just released infos. New events, new games, new puzzles, new prizes, anything new is discussed there. You don't have to chat on the boards. Just read what people have discovered is really useful sometimes.

However, the Neoboards are spammed a lot. By scammers, by attention seekers, by little kids who lied about their ages when they signed up. Posting on the Neoboards required from users that they strickly follow Neopets TOS if they don't want to be reported, and that can be annoying. There are a bunch of things that can't be discussed (politique, religion, romance, just to name a few).

In conclusion, I believe that the Neoboards are good and bad at the same time. If they drive you nuts, just ignore it for a while or only visit a few chat groups you like. And be careful with the links you click too!

Guest Alan Shore

Yes, like everything, the Neoboards has its ups and downs.

First, you should stick to certain regular topics. I find myself a lot in Plushie Tycoon help (GC), RS Help + Chat (go to the TC, the HC fails for this), and occasionally, KILL and WAM! (a lot more during AC). These two latter ones are awesome chat groups. I stay away from the BDC (too much drama, despite being my field of expertise), and the NC (but WHO goes there?! Only n00bs).

The HC is your run-of-the-mill forum, with spam per se, but tons of good content and generally unreleased stuff for discussion. Plus if you get to know the regulars (Angie, Sass, Kai, Ally, HBK, etc...) you'll be fine (and yeah, I'm a regular there). :P

I love the Neoboards, basically, despite the occasional crappy boards (to put it that way).

I love Charter, and thats a Neoboard :P Rarely visit the normal boards though unless I'm advertising for the BC xD

Does depend on the type of person you are though - I just ignore the beggers and the flammers but I know there are others who can't and have to say something... which more often than not ends in a neoboard shouting match... I like to lurk on those, they're amusing lol

ya I suppose it does depend on who's there at the time, and what time of day you go on as well.

Chat speak doesnt always bother me, it really depends on how much and what is being used.

Flamers are SUPER annoying! /...and it would be nice if that jelly world joke where to go away.

Another thing that SUPER bothers me is the " I've discovered the secret to Bonju" ... if someone really DOES discover it and put it there, I'm gonna miss out (a little too much 'call wolf' if you know what I mean)

I stopped taking the Neoboards seriously when someone criticized me for using the word 'belligerent.' I still go there sometimes though, if I have nothing to do, or have a quest or something.

I really really don't like the neoboards. I've been there the past 2 days trying to trade a pet and I just don't want to go there again (what happened to neotrades.com?). The most annoying thing about the neoboards is the stupid signature people have on. Sometimes I can't even know what they are saying because they have signatures all over the place.

I really really don't like the neoboards. I've been there the past 2 days trying to trade a pet and I just don't want to go there again (what happened to neotrades.com?). The most annoying thing about the neoboards is the stupid signature people have on. Sometimes I can't even know what they are saying because they have signatures all over the place.

I truly agree with the signature thing. Also to trade pets, maybe go to Neopound.com. They might help.

I look at the neoboards, usually the AC, every day, but I rarely post. I never start my own boards, but I'll sometimes post in someone else's lending board. Usually, the pet/petpet I want to borrow gets swiped in the pound, so I often feel like I've wasted my time. Borrowing from the TDN ALP is much better.

Mostly, though, apart from the Kadoatery timekeeping boards, I find the Neoboards to be rather useless and annoying, but still amusing. Maybe I'd feel different if I had access to Charter (I'll likely eventually get Premium), but I much prefer the TDN forum. It's way more civil and intelligent here than on the Neoboards. The people here are wonderful!

Ive been thinking of getting premium when i have the funds for it ... charter could be interesting.

But if I spent more time at those boards, then I'd have alot less time to spend here! :( so that's no good :P

You forgot a "like them" option. I don't love the NeoBoards, but I don't hate them either. I go to the AC to get my font rated, play Avatar Simon, find lenders, and occasionally chat; I go to the Quests board for fast quest help; I go to the NQ board to chat while I play NQ, help out people with questions, and enjoy the slower, generally-on-topic atmosphere. :3 The boards can be great, it just depends on where you go.

The people (usually in the AC) who reply to a spammer/troll or just someone asking a "stupid" question with replies like "FAIL" and "lol n00b" used to be the main thing that annoyed me, but I just ignore them and report the troll/help the person with their question. ^^ There's nothing you can do about elitist preteens. xD

I'm okay with the neoboards most of the time, but I only lurk in the AC. Unfortunately, it's a big target for spammers/flamers who have nothing better to do with their lives. It all depends on which boards you go to, and how well you can ignore the noobs.

Account age plays a lot into how you're treated though, especially if you're asking to be lent, so that's a downside. =/

Personally, I hate the NeoBoards. I'm not a fast typer, so I don't get good conversation out of them anyway. They are confusing, messy and the constant bumps drive me insane. I would never recommend a newbie to them. I would send them here instead. I just started using the forums, but I have been using the website for a while now.