So You Thought There'd Be A New Plot?

Superfly

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. I never knew that people thought a new plot was coming out. But since you mentioned it i would like one since the other plot (for me) couldn't work. :grrr: Something wrong with the Farmer part :P But it's all about dressing up now.. Aw well. Something for my Kougra.. *Throws in closet*

Well I have entered, not with any hopes of wining this silly competition mind you, I'm just a sucker for freebies lol

It's about money. Toss a free item at people to enter a contest where they'll likely have to pay real money to win. Lame. Especially if certain pets can't enter (the ones that can't wear anything but backgrounds/trinkets).

And anyway, they could certainly work the NC Mall or customization into a plot if they wanted to. Why not make both Viacom and your loyal player base happy and combine the two?

Now now people :P

Yes it might be a bit sad that there hasn't been a plot release in a while (i wouldn't really know how long since i've only recently become active again in the past month or so), but whining about it isn't going to do any good either. Im not a fan myself of what they have released and won't bother entering even for the free item, but your complaints would be alot more useful and helpful if you talked about your own ideas on what you'd want to see, as well as letting out some steam on the current situations - regardless of the fact if they are reading or not, they could stumble upon it and get inspiration for new ideas.

For all we know they could be working on something atm, and using this off time to give users something different while the bigger ideas are being worked on - none of this stuff is easy and can take up to a few years in the works depending on the size of the team, time and cost allowance.

Being someone who works in a similar situation like TNT (creating plots, items, ideas for another site), I'd always rather read someone's thoughts, complaints and ideas to make things better over only-whines any day. It can sometimes take up to a year for us to work on something great and enjoyable for people like a plot or event, especially while juggling many other jobs at the same time. While its always good to vent and let your frustrations out, its also good to throw out ideas and thoughts on what you'd like to see too.

Just my two cents on the matter *nods* Not here to fight anyone or deny people their rants, just speaking from my own experiences in similar situations - food for thought really

An item is nice...I just hope we DO get a plot soon. They're one of the only things I stay on Neopets for. >_<

It's just that this time of the year is when we usually get plots, since it's between the GMC and AC and everything, so you can see how it depresses people a bit to see something like this instead.

Oh well. -chucks lamp into SDB-

I doubt they're working on something ATM .... that 'mysterious voyage continues' has been there forever... and with all these new stupid customization thingeys, and new games coming out... even if they were it seems like its been put on the back burner!

i guess this is ok, but, it's almost forcing the buying of neocash. anyway, i'd rather have a new plot.some of the new games and other things that they bring out are too different but the same. tnt should really have another plot that makes the boards and times.

I'm not sure where I side in this whole thing, but I do miss the Adam run Neopets? I took something of a sporadic year long hiatus and came back to all of this? Parts of the change is annoying, but I think the "they are trying to make money" excuse falls through. Ads are on the site already, I see the Neopets cards and plushies nearly everywhere, and they have deals for mobiles and etc.

I think they need to step away from all the obvious greed and concentrate on plots or avatars or something to distract people from how fail they've become?

Then again, I do see that they are trying and making things better. I'm attempting to look at both sides, I just think new plots (or more avatars, I really like those better) would be much better

I'm not sure where I side in this whole thing, but I do miss the Adam run Neopets? I took something of a sporadic year long hiatus and came back to all of this? Parts of the change is annoying, but I think the "they are trying to make money" excuse falls through. Ads are on the site already, I see the Neopets cards and plushies nearly everywhere, and they have deals for mobiles and etc.

I think they need to step away from all the obvious greed and concentrate on plots or avatars or something to distract people from how fail they've become?

Then again, I do see that they are trying and making things better. I'm attempting to look at both sides, I just think new plots (or more avatars, I really like those better) would be much better

I agree, Adam has been gone for a long time though...

...I agree it seems like the customization game is just another way to make money .. we already have pet spotlight, I dont really see the need for this game...

--> I def. would like to see more avatars and especially new PLOTS!!

Interesting o_O Out of everyone in Neopia, only the 1st 2nd and 3rd will get trophies I assume... very odd. Probably this will become a new yearly event though?

Seriously TNT, a new plot sometime soon please >_< I miss the old plots!

I definately think there should be more prizes awarded. It would probably motivate me to enter my pet

Here is my entry for wacky and weird! I think it's pretty wack...probley not enough to win it though.

Edit: I remove the image because I changed peacocks customization, and his pciture here wasn't accurate anymore...

I would award you first prize! Hands down!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It would be a hoot if he made to the finals of the next round,

but truth be I totally agree with all of yall, I dislike this competition very much, and am just entering for freebies.

Now as for these finalists: I don't mean to be rude, I really don't. I'm not at all bitter, I do think this competition is a waste of everyone's time, but

these pets are very cool. So I really, really am not cutting down the coolness of their customization and am not at all angry that I didn't make to the finals.

My entry was more or less a joke, and I had no misgivings about my ability to make to the finals. That said, I genuinely don't understand what TNT was thinking

when they picked finalists...I mean wasn't the theme out on the town, and then the description mentioned "your pets dressed their best for a night on the town."

3809334181_a0d4268aef.jpg

I mean don't get me wrong, like I said I think these pets are all very cool looking, and my favorites are actually the three down the left hand side. They are

super creative and the look really neat. I don't think they match what the weeks customization theme was though. Maybe I just read the description wrong or

something but as far as I can tell only the three pets I have selected with green kikos look like they actually match the description of the weeks theme.

i think the bottom left hand corner one could also be considered out on the town ... (excluding 'night' I suppose) ... but maybe it doesnt have to be so literal :P

- really like your new entry by the way :)