FINALS - Krawk Island vs Shenkuu

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

finals_aciv.png"After two days of nail-biting, hard-kicking, slushie-slinging actions, we now present to you the finalists: The Krawk Island Pirates and the Shenkuu Ninjas!

krawkisland_80.gifFirst off, the Ninjas specialized jujitsu completely took the Kreludor Moons by surprise. It seems that their past final appearances gave them the experience to triumph against the number 1 seated team (add to that the exhaustion the Moons got by battling against the Darigan Minions during the last day of the elimination). The Pirates are victorious too against the Lost Desert Mummies. After almost winning the cup last year, they are very eager to get revenge and prove to everyone that this is the Pirate’s year.

shenkuu_80.gifWe will be expecting a fierce air battle as Krawk Island attempts to attack with Lemurian ships all around Shenkuu (obviously plundered from them beforehand). All floating Neopets and Petpets are now prohibited from flying (and hovering) to prevent getting caught in the crossfire. Faerieland has been issued a warning level of code orange. Will the Pirates able to defend their tuft this time around? Or will the Ninjas manage another slight win to snatch the Cup, like Roo Island did last year? This is it, the last 2 days of the Altador Cup IV. After 48 hours, we will crown the winner and champion of Y11. Hold on to your bets, guys, as this will be extremely close! Who do you think will win? Can the Ninjas pull out another upset? Or will the Pirates conquer the Altador Cup?

On the other brackets, the Mystery Island Natives and the Maraquan Mermaids will be facing off to see who the best in group 2 is while the two former champs will be battling for group 3. On the last bracket, The Kiko Lake Splashers and the Terror Mountain Chillers have already avoided the dreaded last place.

Two days left, last chance to support your teams and stack up on those prize points. This will be tight so stay tuned!

Reporting live from the Colosseum, this is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets AC4 coverage, signing out!"

Be sure to check out our Final Predictions that have already been updated for the final! We are also pleased to inform you that we have successfully predicted all winners of the semi-finals (overall) in Group 1,3, and 4!

Good luck to all teams, and make this final epic (win)!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Krawk Islander

We (on KILL) had over 396k on YYB, and a lot of side games. LD had 303k on SoLiD and S.A.N.D.Y.

SK had around 317k, KD had 120k-ish.

Just putting that out there.

EDIT: Nope, sorry, it's confirmed. Look at Group 4's results, and you'll see. Plus, HW and MQ are left.

Better luck next year, LDers and KDers. :)

Don't think it's the raw scores, but the av considering the fan bases for each team.

Just that I believe it's no long yyb win = complete win. Bad choice to ignore sidegames for us @_@

Go for the 3rd spot LDers! =DDDD

Gg btw KI =D

-headdesk- I wish TNT had made it more obvious. I'd stared at the standings page for two minutes thinking, what?! It wasn't until my mouse slipped and I saw Maraqua's results that I realised we'd won! ^_^ :D

I hope Shenkuu wins, otherwise 2nd would've gone up to 1st and 4th gone up to 2nd...AGAIN. Which will be really suspicious -_-.

Good luck KI! :)

I cannot hold my excitement - it is practically as much as the tallest building in the world!!!!

I forgot to play earlier, I will today because...

We are Shenkuu!

Must... play... more... YYB... against... our... rivals...

(....)

We need to play as much as possible against SK with quality as they are an awesome team in YY and the other games. I admire them in YYB and believe KI might lose despite surprising me today. This is because SK can beat KD who are the top seeds and are greats in ACIV(they clean-swept us :( ).However, I will give my all against SK today as I did against LD and fight for KI.

33135.png

2 Things :

A. Anyone notice how it's implied Shenkuu won because KD was exhausted from playing against DC (once again calling attention to the almost bias prediction/reporting against SK)? Which I think can be discounted because of the whole 2 days of playing, and consider that we all had a 13 hour reprieve from playing Thursday.

B. Good Job SK, I knew we could do it, but I do agree the harder battle is rightly in front of us now, however, I will be absolutely content with 2nd place.

12292.png

A. Anyone notice how it's implied Shenkuu won because KD was exhausted from playing against DC (once again calling attention to the almost bias prediction/reporting against SK)? Which I think can be discounted because of the whole 2 days of playing, and consider that we all had a 13 hour reprieve from playing Thursday.

I think you misunderstood somethings:

1. The "exhausted against DC" part is within the parenthesis because they I think this is just another factor to your win (I believe everything is a result of many different things). If you look closely, I mentioned that you won mainly because of your past AC final appearances which gave you enough experience in playing under pressure.

2. We predicted you would won against KD simply because we know how capable SK (and you did won). If you notice on the previous reports, we were getting harsh comments because we predicted you will defeat KD but we still hang on to our predictions.

3. I've been covering AC since last year and I already know that I should be unbiased when making a report.

I'm confused...by TNT's bracket, but also by the standings here. (Maybe it's just becase I'm a disappointed LDer, but...) How do we know that the finals are Shenkuu and Krawk, and not LD and Kreludor? It would make more sense to me to have winners go right on the bracket (except maybe in that going left would put them above the 1st &2nd place boxes) since most Westerners right left to right. Some people are citing the fact that Maraqua surely beat Tyrannia (as I understand it) but I'm confused how that shows anything - they are the 6th and 7th seeded teams, surely it's not that unreasonable for Tyrannia to have won against Maraqua?

So basically, how does TDN know which set of teams are playing for 1st/2nd and which are playing for 3rd/4th?

I think you misunderstood somethings:

1. The "exhausted against DC" part is within the parenthesis because they I think this is just another factor to your win (I believe everything is a result of many different things). If you look closely, I mentioned that you won mainly because of your past AC final appearances which gave you enough experience in playing under pressure.

2. We predicted you would won against KD simply because we know how capable SK (and you did won). If you notice on the previous reports, we were getting harsh comments because we predicted you will defeat KD but we still hang on to our predictions.

3. I've been covering AC since last year and I already know that I should be unbiased when making a report.

True, true, I think you are the most unbias of the reporters that are out there. I didnt mean to suggest you were "Anti-Shenkuu" but really, you have to admit, the predictions OVERALL have tended to imply that SK would choke, not just in finals but in the whole ACIV. You, personally, are doing an amazing job and I am extremely envious of your ability to get on these forums and report AND support your team in playing, I could never do both.

12292.png

Hey there BJ, my comments about the bias weren't harsh..and they were true.

And if anyone was wondering about the standings; on the opera browser it shows the word loser for the right side, proving that the winners of the first tier were indeed SK and KI. Congrats to them both.

Maraqua proves itself yet again, I am sure that we will win to become 5th. Beware MI, the wave is comin'.

PS: DONT TAKE ANYTHING SERIOUSLY HERE :D.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had no idea what was going on when I checked the results page. I even tried the daily results just to see if they posted things. I'm glad we made it to the finals again, I was actually really kind of worried. We'll see how these next two days turn out.

True, true, I think you are the most unbias of the reporters that are out there. I didnt mean to suggest you were "Anti-Shenkuu" but really, you have to admit, the predictions OVERALL have tended to imply that SK would choke, not just in finals but in the whole ACIV. You, personally, are doing an amazing job and I am extremely envious of your ability to get on these forums and report AND support your team in playing, I could never do both.

Thanks. Actually, I have only 400+ wins this year unlike last year when I do 1K+ simply because I also have to deal with my Masters Degree study.

I guess the reason why some people see that is because SK had a slow start this year. Well, good luck to both of us. Let's make this a great battle! :D

Hey there BJ, my comments about the bias weren't harsh..and they were true.

Agree. I guess I use the wrong word. Instead of "harsh" it should have been something like "strong". But still, I'm amazed on how we predicted almost all the winners. Anyways, KD will surely be on the powerhouse list for next year's cup.

Well I guess that 2.3k for YYB I did yesterday was for nothing. HOW THE HECK DID WE LOSE! MI is a good team but we were going all-out yesterday :crying_blow:

Good job SK and KI, should be a good match :)

Guest Krawk Islander
I'm confused...by TNT's bracket, but also by the standings here. (Maybe it's just becase I'm a disappointed LDer, but...) How do we know that the finals are Shenkuu and Krawk, and not LD and Kreludor? It would make more sense to me to have winners go right on the bracket (except maybe in that going left would put them above the 1st &2nd place boxes) since most Westerners right left to right. Some people are citing the fact that Maraqua surely beat Tyrannia (as I understand it) but I'm confused how that shows anything - they are the 6th and 7th seeded teams, surely it's not that unreasonable for Tyrannia to have won against Maraqua?

So basically, how does TDN know which set of teams are playing for 1st/2nd and which are playing for 3rd/4th?

We know because if you look closely at the bottom bracket, you'll see that that both Faerieland and Altador lost to (generally) stronger opponents (especially in AL's situation), and both TM and KL (winners) are on the left side.

If you sign out of Neopets, or use a different browser which isn't logged into Neopets, and if you check the schedule, all teams are aligned from 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, etc...by order. Since KI vs SK is at the top, they are playing for 1st. :)