Tetra surprise!

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

Quite a shocking day yesterday, hum? 4 matches that most people wouldn't predict: records were broken, upsets were made, just general surprise, indeed!

We have AA on the other end, giving us our daily report:

kikolake.gif"Thank you HBK. So, the 26th day of the Altador Cup has drawn to a close, and we have some sensational news to report: Team Virtupets, the formerly unchallenged champions of Shootout Showdown, were outscored by none other than the scrappy, determined team from Kiko Lake. The Robots also lost Slushie Slinger, and the two teams drew even in the other two games, giving the Kikos the overall win. I'm standing just outside the Colosseum right now (the inside is far too noisy for a press conference), listening to what "Poke" Cellers, captain of the victorious Kiko Lakers, has to say on the matter.

...and of course, I should add, I'm very pleased with my team. We might not look like we're doing much compared to all the powerhouses, but this season has been a thorough test of our abilities, and we've really showed all of Neopia what we're made of. You can't expect to go from group 4 to first place in a single year, but just you wait, we'll work our way up!

A few reporters also managed to squeeze a characteristically upbeat comment from Keetra Deile as she was on her way to her team's next match:

Well it's disappointing, that's for sure, but if you look at our track record, we're still improving consistently. My team and our supporters played their absolute hardest out there, and that's what really counts. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a tough match I need to get to.

Interestingly enough, even after this loss, the Robots still possess the best overall record for any single game this season, and that's definitely something they can be proud of.

meridell.gifIn another unexpected turn of events, Meridell's Knights donned their armour and (striking from their stealthy 11th place seat) showed off some of the mettle that made them the 'dark horses' of last year's tournament, taking both Yooyuball and Make Some Noise to secure a surprise victory over the Haunted Woods Zombies. While Meridell has, analytically speaking, little chance of making it past group 3 before the end of this round robin, its supporters are nevertheless more determined than ever.

Now's a critical stage. We could (and should) have done better this year, but we didn't, so this is our last chance to redeem some of the points we lost. Rest assured, virtually no-one's gonna slack off when we can still jump a few ranks up the board. Roo Island, you are going DOWN! explained one, adding that he meant it in a 'friendly way'.

Needless to say, the Zombies can hardly afford to relax at this juncture either. With Tyrannia, Maraqua, and Mystery Island all hot on their heels, Team Haunted Woods will certainly be stepping up their game as well.

shenkuu.gifThe exchange between Kreludor and Shenkuu was something of a more classic duel of the titans - the two group 1 contenders almost drew this match. While Kreludor dominated the side games, Shenkuu edged narrowly ahead with a victory in Yooyuball. The Ninjas have a good chance of grabbing a stronger hold on their group 1 position, with their matches for the last few days of the round robin being (relatively speaking) quite easy. Kreludor, on the other hand, now has a tough face-off against the third-placed Lost Desert Mummies. Analysts predict Team Kreludor's lead slipping, but then again they aren't nicknamed "The Assassin Team" for nothing.

maraqua.gifTeam Maraqua also soared to yet another win in their seemingly unstoppable comeback streak, outperforming the Darigan Citadel in Yooyuball and Slushie Slinger. Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis, not usually known for emotions other than anger and frustration, actually gave the crowds a cheery wave as he left the field today, much to the amusement of his team. The Minions don't seem especially bothered by the loss however: they still hold a six point lead over their closest pursuer on the leaderboard, and in the words of one supporter:

Maraqua the spotlight is all yours, we will just sit back and lose and wait for the finals!

krawkisland_50.gifAnd last but not least, Krawk Island supporters will be glad know that their team is back on its feet again, gathering momentum for the finals with an across-the-board sweep of the unfortunate Faeries.

This is AA, reporting for The Daily Neopets from Altador, signing off!"

Thanks AA! Well, today should yield less surprises: we only really have one important match to look out for, and that is Kreludor vs. Lost Desert.

Best of luck for all teams on the field today!

We won...again. Today we have FL so we can relax a bit. Oh and I forgot to say, congrats to Meridell, Shenkuu and Kiko Lake. Good Luck for all.

With the risk of repeating myself.

I like you articles about each day, but your predictions are very biased.

SK's win is a "Schedule failure" because KD had a supposedly hard schedule, yet before this match SK had to face DC, KI, LD, MI in a row and still won.

With the risk of repeating myself.

I like you articles about each day, but your predictions are very biased.

SK's win is a "Schedule failure" because KD had a supposedly hard schedule, yet before this match SK had to face DC, KI, LD, MI in a row and still won.

Well you could say that certain teams are more prone to schedule failures than others. :P HBK generally knows what he's doing when he writes the predictions.

Of course, predictions are predictions, and they can only go so far - there is really only one truly effective way to disagree with predictions though. ;)

SK's win is a "Schedule failure"

I agree with above posters that this statement is quite questionable. Notice that Shenkuu went through what many of us called a Nightmare week, i am quite sure the biasedness here is a little...too palpable perhaops hmm? In any case, we were about as fatigued as they were if you want to term it a "schedule failure". Qui

well thats epic my phrase is on the news....

*face palm* Way to go for finding the latsest coverage guys XD.

well thats epic my phrase is on the news....

Because, quite frankly sir, your phrase was too epic not to be in the news. :P

I tend to agree with naalaro, the predictions AND news coverage tends to cast a rather unflattering light on Shenkuu's performance and predictions. All considering I think Shenkuu's week was incredibly difficult, now look at Kreludor's schedule for the next few days and compare the reporting. <taps side of nose>

Great job yesterday Shenkuu.

12292.png

On the Predictions:

"Replay of June 14th. About all seven games should remain as Round 1, except for maybe the win for MI in YYB this time, and Roo Island gaining the win over Meridell (since MSN > SSD). "

Yet you have MD predicted to win both SS and SSD, which would give MD the win.

And congrats to KL on breaking VP's SSD streak ^_^

Well let me say something about this year competition. It's harder than last year, for everyone. We have been surprise by many teams and it's not just a battle of 3 for the top positions. The second tier is fighting fiercy as well as the third tier! Our Kikos friend also did an awesome job yesterday, prouving they could make it to third tier while no one is watching.

Good luck everyone :)

I'm sort of glad Virtupets lost Shootout Showdown. We were being tied down just because we had to win the NC Mall game.

And that yesterday's results is an amazingly ridiculous birthday present to a special robot Wocky, coincidentally.

At this point in the game, I'm really glad that LD had a more balanced schedule that some of the other teams. We never had to go back to back with the powerhouses which usually allowed us a break. I have to congratulate the teams that have had several hard games in a row and running the risk of being fatigued. And great job to all the teams yesterday. Only four more matches left!

At this point in the game, I'm really glad that LD had a more balanced schedule that some of the other teams. We never had to go back to back with the powerhouses which usually allowed us a break. I have to congratulate the teams that have had several hard games in a row and running the risk of being fatigued. And great job to all the teams yesterday. Only four more matches left!

Oh man I was totally fatugued yesterday because I did a YYb marathon 170 games, the day before against the #1 team KD and then yesterday we had Darign. Oh man I was soooo tired. But today we have FL. What a break! Do offense FL, you know I love you :)

I tend to agree with naalaro, the predictions AND news coverage tends to cast a rather unflattering light on Shenkuu's performance and predictions. All considering I think Shenkuu's week was incredibly difficult, now look at Kreludor's schedule for the next few days and compare the reporting. <taps side of nose>

Yes, you guys did have an exceptionally tough week. I actually made an implied mention in my report:

The Ninjas have a good chance of grabbing a stronger hold on their group 1 position, with their matches for the last few days of the round robin being (relatively speaking) quite easy.
'(relatively speaking)' was intended to imply that your previous matches were much tougher than your upcoming ones, although in hindsight it is quite fleeting...

I should add that, when comparing our reports from different days, you have to keep in mind that we have two different on-site reporters. One (me :P ) tends to be extremely talkative, while the other (BlackJaguar) is clear, focused and concise. I've seen many people assume that one person writes all the reports, and accuse us of bias based on report length and detail. <_<

Well anyway, thanks for the feedback! I love it when my reporting is criticised. It helps me to improve and makes me feel like a celebrity. xD

I just wanted to say that I always enjoy reading your posts xD

They are very entertaining (even though they can be a bit harsh every now and then...)

Thank you for taking the time to create a background story for everything instead of just saying who won and who lost :)

I just wanted to say that I always enjoy reading your posts xD

They are very entertaining (even though they can be a bit harsh every now and then...)

Thank you for taking the time to create a background story for everything instead of just saying who won and who lost :)

And thank you for taking the time to read our reports. :)

• 3 months later...

Maybe you could press a button and it would transform into a robot that will try to take over the world. Joking. I dont think therell be too much of a surprise, probably most of the stuff were expecting. Or maybe apple wont really change it a bit. That could be the surprise.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Monstrutosity) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics inactive for more than 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Monstrutosity if you have any questions regarding this action.