Maraqua drowns; Meridell and Tyrannia soar

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

On a disputed Saturday, heads were turned to the matches of Krawk Island vs. Mystery Island, and Darigan vs. Shenkuu: in other words, the powerhouses. Krawk Island and Darigan managed to get their wins, but nothing has really changed, standings-wise, in the top spots of the table, which you can see here. The shock was, rather, in the lower sections of said table.

tyrannia_group.gif

I'm here with my report, as both on-field reporters seem to have disappeared, again:

Maraqua is where I'm found, and there is a disheartened spirit here that we haven't felt since Meridell eliminated this team back in first edition of the Altador Cup. The shocking news of Maraqua now belonging to the final four (aka Group 4), after the LD sweep, has certainly put them apart from the rest, in quite a bad way. Some blame their leader, others simply resort to "ineffective tactics" being used until now. Basically, everyone seems to be losing faith. Internal problems seem to plague this team, too, and we can only hope for a speedy recovery to at least Group 3 once more in the future. No player was willing to comment on this matter.

On the other side of the spectrum, we have Meridell, who have passed through this ordeal in the near past. We had the opportunity to speak with Fiona, who clarifies a bit of their tactics:

meridell_2.gifWhen you're losing, you can't lose your beliefs and faith. We here at Meridell strive to achieve the best results possible. The competition is fierce, but after really putting in some effort over the last few days, we can certainly say we are back on track, in 8th place. Maybe we won't get 5th, but we aren't too far, so who knows?

As for Maraqua, we can only hope them to play better. However, it's curious that this team has never been the same since AC II, but that's a mere personal observation...

Hum, certainly something to think about there. Now, Tyrannia is also smiling from end to end, because they are now 6th! This means that the Fossils have been holding up extremely well against most powerhouses, and their side game effort has them worthy of this spot. Congratulations, Tyrannia, we hope you keep on playing hard!

Back to powerhouses. Darigan has been able to beat Shenkuu, after a well-disputed battle. Mirsha says:

shenkuu_1.gifWe gave it all we can, but didn't win. It's a shame, but these Darigans seem extremely focused on that finals match with possibly Krawk Island for the 2nd place in the future. As for us, we are going to play our hardest to rise again to Group 1, where we belong!

Well, that would mean LD or Kreludor would have to forfeit their place in the top group at the end, and I'm not sure their willing to lose games to SK and other teams. Hum, we'll see.

Oopss.. I guess I arrived home too late.. Sorry about that.

Anyways, just a reminder/side report for everyone:

Last year, there were a lot of commotions when the Darigan Citadel got three draws against the Shenkuu Ninjas on both their meetings during the eliminations but this year the Darigans manage to gain a slight advantage after winning YYB. The Ninjas however, didn’t give up and manage to win Slushie Slinger and drawing on the rest of the side games. The epic battle caused the officials to slightly delay today’s game to clean up the spilled slushies and change the broken Yooyuball net. The next meeting of these two teams on the second round is surely something to look out again.

Reporting live at my room, this is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets AC4 coverage, going to sleep...

Dear Krawk Islanders,

I am sad to say that I may not play in the ACIV not as often as now as school will start in my place tomorrow. I hope you understand and still play the games in ACIV even more as my time playing the games are less starting from tomorrow. I think I have played a lot of games contributing 300 goals in YYB, 6 games in SS, 15 games in Msn and 18 games in SSD every day. Please play as much as possible for those of you who are having their summer holidays now. I really hope KI will get first this year in ACIV although this might be huge task considering DC, LD, SK, the Moons are our biggest rivals. Please do not underestimate the others as well as they always spring surprises. I will help you guys out during the weekends but for now I will have homework, school and tuition which spells disaster for me as I can't play in my fav. tournament as much as I have done these past two weeks.

Remember KI, Stay united and fight hard against other teams! Don't ever give up!!!!!!!!!

WHO DROWNED MARAQUA?

I couldn't play, but looking at the results, it was a great match, Darigan.

Does that mean our week of tough teams is over?

And no more for the rest of the season? :P

On the daily predictiosn it says shenkuu is playing kreludor today in the part on the bottem where there is writing. It's really Lost Desert who is playing them.

Wow all the top four teams are pretty much within 1 point of eachother. That's really close.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Krawk Islander) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the 'Edit' button! Thanks. Btw, issue fixed. ;)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.