Goals

Batman

Why do you put yourself though this?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is your main reason for playing in the AC?

• The fun of the game
    • The cup
    • The avatars
    • Prizes at the end
    • New shield in your lookup
    • To say you competed in one
    • Other (explain in post)

I have been wondering what are everyones goals for this years AC. Do you want the cup, a shiny shield, prize points, or even the avatars? Also how far are you from your current goal.

I personally really want the Highest shield. It may seem daunting now but i am at level 9 hopefully 10 after today. I would also love the cup but if it doesn't happen my shield should cheer me up.

One more question that i don't think i have read anywhere else. If you get the 20th shield can you keep playing and get more points for the prize shop or do your points just stop there?

90% of the reason I participate is for the prizes at the end. Although trophy and the cup seem like the same thing. If you don't win the cup you don't get a good trophy.

EDIT: I misundertood. I thought shield meant the trophy you get.

I never said trophy. I was purely talking about the shield that you are working on improving every time you play a game. Yours could be really good but your team could be doing terrible. The only other thing i said was the cup and i was talking about the 1st place one although the second and third one would be better then nothing.

prizes mostly.

But this is the first year i got the hang of yyb so i'm playing like mad...i was horrible at it until now and loathed the game.But now I love it...I just need to keep myself from getting bored.

Not the prizes.

They were awful last year and I'm expecting the same this year :P

I just like to helping my team and I've nothing better to do.

I have done the math on getting the last shield. Basically its something like if you play for 31 days you need to get 65 YYB games in a day to do it in that time frame.

Well sounds like you should be well towards your goal of a gold shields. I was lazy on Friday and today i had to help my brother move out if it weren't for those two days i would be at 95+ a day.

I'm in it purely for the shield that'll go on my lookup ^^ All-star is pretty impossible with my schedule, and the level-11 shield even seems a bit much with all the traveling I'll be doing during the cup this year; just trying to get the best shield I can.

I don't really have anything to do this month. I go on vacation the 3rd of July and most of my friends just started summer school. So i am pretty much free this whole month. That is the only reason why i am doing so much. I bet next year i will do terrible.

It's hard to say. Certainly the prizes at the end, I do work really hard to get my shield levels up, and I really really would like my user lookup to have something other than "Altador cup participant" this year. ;) So it's a toss-up.

Two - 1) the fun of it and 2) the trophy on my lookup

Mostly for the trophy, though. ;D

I would like a better trophy than the two AC trophies I've already got. ^^

For all of those reasons! I play mainly for the fun of participating and to help my team hopefully win the Cup, but the trophy and prizes at the end sure don't hurt. ;D

I just reached Rank 1 and got the avatar today, which was my only specific goal. I'm just playing as much and as well as I can to bring up MI's score and have a good amount of points to spend.

For all of those reasons! I play mainly for the fun of participating and to help my team hopefully win the Cup, but the trophy and prizes at the end sure don't hurt. ;D

I just reached Rank 1 and got the avatar today, which was my only specific goal. I'm just playing as much and as well as I can to bring up MI's score and have a good amount of points to spend.

Well congratulations on getting to rank 1. I also got that avatar this year.

Well, I started off doing it for the avatar. So now that I've gotten it, my AC participation has slowed. :P But I suppose the increasing speed of my own life has contributed to that.

Had I more time, I'm sure I would be playing for the fun of it all. :D

Definitely trying for the Avatar. Of course, since I suck at YYB, I have to make that up with SS, SSD and MSN. Dear god. My fingers are about to fall off from my arms and my upper arm muscles are burning from pounding the keys like a raving lunatic to get my MSN scores. Thank god SSD and SS are easier.

Still, I shall persevere. Hopefully by the end of the Cup I'll have the necessary stats. And I shall help my team (Shenkuu for the Cup!) win.

Wow, I'm shocked to see how many peeps play for the prizes. I do enjoy prizes (aka free stuff) when TDN gives it out, but I just like seeing new items.

But I though the general opinion was that the prizes were usually a big let down, so I'm just surprised that many people still look forward to them every year.

I was thinking the same way. The prizes last year were terrible. I just expanded my safety deposit box for my pack rat avatar i hadn't gotten yet. Since i have it now i am not really looking forward to the prizes to be honest. I have played a lot so far and i don't think it will be rewarded with amazing prizes.

Wow, I'm shocked to see how many peeps play for the prizes. I do enjoy prizes (aka free stuff) when TDN gives it out, but I just like seeing new items.

But I though the general opinion was that the prizes were usually a big let down, so I'm just surprised that many people still look forward to them every year.

I know, last years prizes were just...terrible. There wasn't even anything to show that RI won, just two jerseys for HW and DC plus a bunch of random stuff...

So those of you that voted 'for the prizes', be prepared xD.