The Sims 3

Ashbash

Any sims fans out there? The new game, The Sims 3, just came out Tuesday. Does anyone have it? If so what do you think? I'm finding it to be a bit of a let down. I think maybe my expectations were just too high but everything seemed so much better in the videos on The Sims 3 website.

I played it at a friends house and i like it very much...it solved a lot of problems from the old sims that i found annoying.

Plus I eventually found (after a couple of hours of playing) my old maxmotives cheat...and the game just got a lot better.

I love it, except for a small handful of things... such as you cannot start your own town, you have to buy one online (as far as I know)? I think that's [insert your own happy word here]. The other thing I don't live very much is the woman's face shape. It's ugly.

As far as customization goes, it's an A+. Being able to change the colour of almost anything with the click of a button?! LOVE IT.

Being able to toggle through each house/sim with the touch of a button? LOVE IT.

Being able to create a house or a sim and package it up to send it to a friend with the touch of a button? LOVE IT!

I got it on tuesday and I still haven't finished building my house! I'll take some screenshots.

One thing that is really annoying me is the 4 speeds. The 3rd and 4th speed to play the game in seem slower than the old 3rd speed. I find myself very bored when they're all at work/school or all sleeping.

I have it and to be honest I don't really like it... I had too high expectations I guess... Even tho it has some interesting things, I find it pretty annoying. And I totally agree with Num1ortonfan.

When they're sleeping, I just toggle to another house and play with another family since they all 'live' at the same time.

See I tried that but I feel like all of my sims sleep at the same time. It seems like all the jobs I've experienced so far start at 8 or 9 am.

The Sims 3 looks nothing short of awesome. But I wish I had the time to play it. It seems like as they release more versions of the game, the more mechanics it has in it and the longer it takes to perfect it.

I don't have it yet, my friend is getting it for me for my birthday. She made me wait a month, because she wanted to get me this. I'm so excited, I'm getting it next Saturday. :) It seems fun

w00t!

Looks pretty cool.

Might consider getting it one day. ;D

And I have been waiting for a while for Sims 3...

• 2 weeks later...

My husband got me the game when it first came out but i have yet to really play it..

i started building a house and was excited to see some of the things i wished they had, had in the second one was put into this.

My only issue so far is left clicking to zoom and stuff in building mode, i have a laptop is it's SUPER hard.

it looks cool but my sister's returning it because it's so slow on our pc :(

I was extremely worried about that happening to me so I've been playing it on my mom's laptop. My computer is way too old to handle the game.

The expansion pack?

I'm waiting for the announcement for that, even though I don't have the game yet.

I wanna see what it's like BEFORE I get the game.

And the other few expansion packs. XD

I HOPE that it's weather. I loved that exansion. It was so funny to see them dancing around when it started snowing. My one sim got struck by lighnting. That was golden lol

Either that or pets!!!!!

I totally agree with doing the seasons one again. It was definitely one of my favorites.

I miss having pets as well. Hopefully they'll do something with them soon. I really feel like my family needs a dog haha.

I think it would be really cool if they were able to do something that added a mall to your town with tons of different stores. That way when you sim got a want to go shopping you wouldn't always have to go to the bookstore or the grocery store. I feel like my one sim constantly wants to shop.

And I just remembered how much I loved sending my sims to college so another university one would be awesome.