Maraqua!

ΩCCΩ

If you visit Maraqua now you will see that they changed the look. I think that it is really cool, what about you?

But this one IS better cuz they just mase it cleaner and newer, they didnt make root changes to it like they did to Terror Mountain.

Flash makes it longer to load on slower computers, and also makes the site look like something a 6 year old would like instead of in my case what a 17 year old would typically enjoy.

Not bad at all I say! It does look a lot... cuter than before (couldn't think of a better word :P ).

Now TNT, get to work on Faerieland I say! xD

i really dont understand the problem some have with flash.. isnt it a matter of downloading it if you dont have it?

i personally think it makes everything look much better

Speaking from the point of view of a programmer and software developer, Adobe Flash is a messy, highly unstable, pathologically inefficient, closed-source blob of crapware with almost non-existent cross-platform support. 'Nuff said. :angry:

Oooh I didn't see this either, I actually like what they are doing and my computer isn't too old to struggle with the updates.... (even though it's still too old to play Sims 3 :grrr: ) Places I can't wait to see get updated are Faerieland & The Lost Desert especially the first besides TM, Faerieland is the second most visited place I go to.

well neopets in general seems to be for people who have fast (or in my case fast-ish) computers.. look at the games, keyquest etc

So this thing with flash shouldnt be a surprise..

The thing about Flash is that it's not just a resource hog, it's inefficient. Even if you do have a fast computer, it consumes a disproportionately large quantity of that computer's resources.

The only advantage there is to using Flash for world maps is that it makes animations possible. And while the animations in the new Maraqua map sure are cute, I just don't think it's a decent trade off...

I don't really like the new Maraqua map.

It doesn't lag on my computer, but... it's colours are way too dark. Even for me. And I like Emo-ish colours. :laughingsmiley:

@AA: I knew you would have fun with that post. :P