Complete a Tutorial, Get a Free Item!

Superfly

Hey all you who love getting free items that Neopets just hands out: Check out this new Neopets Tutorial! By completing it (just click next exactly 11 times), you will receive a cool wearable item called the Tutorial Certificate of Completion.

tutorial.png

Does anyone else but me think that Neopets is starting to more and more look like Nick Jr. or Petpet Park? Too much flash. Voice our opinion in our comments! We'll take the free item though.

It would make since that they would make all of their "kid" websites look alike.

I can't get the link to work. Is it only me??

EDIT: Nevermind, it works :)

I wouldn't say neopets is either kid or adult centered, it is more for the teenager public, although many kids, because of the cute-ish graphics and the ability to raise your own virtual pet, are attracted by such features. TNT just saw this happening and decided to help such public.

The certificate thing was kinda cool, but I agree that neopets is very kid-friendly, maybe even more so than in previous years. Thankfully there are still some parts (plots, boards, etc) that are still geared for those of us who are older.

And I think Lutari Island is the last land....though personally I don't think it should count.

Also something you missed.

If you look closely to the explore tutorial page, you can see that Maraqua is getting a revamp.

It looks so nice :D

I want to dive and explore it!

As for Neo being too flashy... they always had a newbie tutorial and it needed the update BADLY. So I'm happy it will be easier for newbies to get started :)

Thanks for the heads up TJ. Got my freebie.

As for the other thing. It's a weird conundrum, because I feel like the games and things get harder all the time,

but as far as visuals and things TNT does seem to be going for a more "kid friendly" atmosphere in the new stuff.

I can't really decide, but it does worry me a little, that they might scare off some of my adult Neopets friends.

There is a reason why Neopets looks a lot like Nickelodeon..The Company that owns .Nick owns Neopets now..Not many people know that.

I was ABOUT to say that,but seeing that somebody else already said it,oh well. Neopets and Nickelodeon are both owned by Viacom. Another thing is I saw an Advertisement for the daily dare and neopets itself on Nick. o_O

EDIT:

proof! nklogo_k.png

you can see this logo at the bottom of any neopets page.

Thanks I got mine 0:)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Maruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure all posts have at least seven words.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I think they should still offer the option of using flash or HTML. Flash messes up a lot if not properly done and they have so much going on that it's hard to keep up, in my opinion.

I agree that flash looks nicer, but it makes it much harder to enjoy the site for those who don't have fast internet connections. I have to wait forever to do anything on Neopets because it takes so long for my computer to load.

It really stinks, because due to a large set of circumstances, my computer doesn't show anything in flash, and I'm unable to install it. As a result, I'm locked out of most of the games except Pyramids and the other card games, and I can't see many of the maps or get this free item, drat! I was so upset when they updated the haunted woods map...no more lurking in my favorite place. :crying: If they keep it up at this rate, I won't be able to do anything, except maybe look at the front page...and besides, I miss some of the old maps. Heck, I even miss the old layout, with the little scroll-like banner at the top with the icons. :sad01_anim: