Snot Splatter

Khepera

I think Snot Splatter was a very nice add. There's something almost therapeutic about watching all those bubbles explode. However, I've never gotten more than around 25 000 points. I urge TDN to post a guide for this new game soon! ^_^

I really like this game but my highest is only around 16,000. I think it would help if I fully understood all the little power ups or whatever they're called on the left hand side. I'm still not sure how to use a couple of them.

I really like this game but my highest is only around 16,000. I think it would help if I fully understood all the little power ups or whatever they're called on the left hand side. I'm still not sure how to use a couple of them.

I think it's a lot about the strategy of when to use the right power up, and where to use ut (even in which level to do so).

1. The 3x3 square power up. This will remove any bubbles in the assigned squares.

2. The vertical line power up. It will remove all bubbles in the assigned vertical line.

3. The horizontal line power up. It will remove all bubbles in the assigned horizontal line.

4. The "extra power" power up, shaped like a water drop. It will increase ALL shots by a power of two. Hence, this is the main tool for gaining lots of points, as it can clear an entire level in just one move. However, use it wrong, and it may never come back during the same game again.

5. The X2 power up. It will double the points for each hit, however, it's pretty useless if you can't get a real good chain reaction.

6. The Whirlwind power up. This will redirect the flying pieces of snot in different directions. Difficult to use, haven't been able to make anything useful of it.

(Of cource, these are not "official" names for the power ups, I just made them up.)

i have quite a good strategy,

basicly, the first 3 levels if you look arround hard enough their is normaly 1 bubble you can pop and all the bubbles will pop, after that you'll have 2-3 of the powerups that increase the pop thing to 2

then look arround the level for a while and you can once agen find one of the bubbles that will make all the other bubbles pop if you use that powerup

and it just keeps going on

and on

until eventually youll run out

but it should help boost your score :P

Thanks for the help Khepera. I didn't realize the water drop one would increase them all by 2. That should definitely help me get some more points. I haven't been able to get the whirlwind to do anything decent either, that is the one I'm having the most trouble figuring out.

Thanks for the help Khepera. I didn't realize the water drop one would increase them all by 2. That should definitely help me get some more points. I haven't been able to get the whirlwind to do anything decent either, that is the one I'm having the most trouble figuring out.

the whirlwind one rotates your blob :)

its like a substitute for the corner thats slanted

i have quite a good strategy,

basicly, the first 3 levels if you look arround hard enough their is normaly 1 bubble you can pop and all the bubbles will pop, after that you'll have 2-3 of the powerups that increase the pop thing to 2

then look arround the level for a while and you can once agen find one of the bubbles that will make all the other bubbles pop if you use that powerup

and it just keeps going on

and on

until eventually youll run out

but it should help boost your score :P

Yes, that's the main strategy, I think. But then, you should never waste a power-up on certain levels. Take number 9 for example. (I think it is number 9.) The level is small and divided in two, so use a power up and it's wasted. But yeah, basically it's about finding the right bubble and using the right power up on it. This just get very difficult for me, sometime after lvl 10. Seems like I might be missing something...

Yes, that's the main strategy, I think. But then, you should never waste a power-up on certain levels. Take number 9 for example. (I think it is number 9.) The level is small and divided in two, so use a power up and it's wasted. But yeah, basically it's about finding the right bubble and using the right power up on it. This just get very difficult for me, sometime after lvl 10. Seems like I might be missing something...

on one of my accounts i did very well and got about 40,000 points

you just need to calm down, relax, and play the game when you've alot of time, look for a group of bubbles that are about to pop, and make sure you pick the bubble that would pop the most, and yeah your right, some levels are hard to be able to do that

remember: never use the power ups that just delete the blobs unless you really need to, because you dont get any points, and as the levels get harder your going to struggle more

Take number 9 for example. (I think it is number 9.) The level is small and divided in two, so use a power up and it's wasted.

Well no, you can use the whirly power up and make sure that it's positioned near your ready to explode blobs and it works fantastically :D

I can usually clear this level with one shot using that power up :)

Another thing to remember is your snot reserves are refilled by multiple splatters, so don't be afraid to pump up a few surrounding blobs to almost- or ready- to explode before hitting one to explode (as long as it has a few neighbours also ready to pop of course!)- I can usually get up to level 9 or more without using any power-ups, and generally clear the board in one hit that way.

An excellent game. Wish I was more mathematically inclined though- I'd be able to hit those dizzy heights on the high score table if my brain was wired a little differently!

I can't get past level 10 >.< but the simple idea: clear the most with the fewest clicks

Well no, you can use the whirly power up and make sure that it's positioned near your ready to explode blobs and it works fantastically :D

I can usually clear this level with one shot using that power up :)

Well, I looked it up. I didn't mean level 9, I meant level 6 :)

Yes ive started to love this game after day 1, it has a soothing game method to it and that is quite easy to follow and I just love playing 3 times a day and 5 times during on Weekends in May

I agree :yes: There is something really addictive about it. Setting off a good chain reaction is truly psychologically pleasing!