I bought 12 Lutari Beads..

Mimii

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to chime in and suggest that the color of the bead does not actually specifically address certain random aspects of gameplay. For example, I had my NP from games increase through the talisman without having the red beads attached. I know there are one or two guides out there that also suggest this. I realize it seems counterintuitive, though, since each color of bead specifies something unique.

Well the red beads aren't for NP in games, it's the green beads. Did you have green beads attached? :eh:

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, I caved and added two red beads to my talisman, since they're supposed to be for REs, right? So now I have three reds and two blues. Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any increase in REs since adding the new beads (though I certainly did when I added the first one), but maybe I just need to give it more time. I'll see what happens today.

I actually bought the 2 cheapest Green Beads. To my surprise, within 1 day, I received 3 Faerie Quest. Then the next day, I got a Faerie Queen and a Fountain Faerie Quest. Yeah, I was pretty happy to get the avatar to painting my Buzz. But I would say that my RE's did increase. Also, I found a Ixi Transmog Potion, all in 3 days time.

Gee. Looking at all of these people's great results, maybe I should buy a Green Bead. I'll buy one after I completed my Map and Petpet Map. Then I'll cave and buy 2 Green and 2 Red, and maybe even work on my Paint Brush Gallery!

Well the red beads aren't for NP in games, it's the green beads. Did you have green beads attached? :eh:

The guide I used for determining which beads are what is this one: http://www.neopets.com/~trebormailliw . There's also the one that's linked in my lookup, but it only lists the traits listed on the beads. I've also read other items that state that the beads have no individual trait to the colors. They all do everything equally. I can't recall those sources, though. In the end, it's all luck so it doesn't matter.

Which one would you guys invest in? I think I'll invest in Red, and maybe some Green.

I have 4 yellow, 3 blue, 1 red and 2 green. I just bought the green today, and I'm already seeing results. My game scores have been upped twice, and I've gotten a few RE's more than normal. So, I would invest in the green, even though they are the most expensive (I think).

Been some time since i got the beads. From what little ive played i am definitely seeing results in the form of much more random events, and in a sense...better luck, i struck two paint brushes from the fruit machine in these 2 weeks, one cloud, and one silver. Im not sure if these are actually bead-induced or some wild co-incidence. So i decided ill get at least 2 of each of the beads. If anything, they are an investment that improves your gaming experience, almost like making your life as neopian much more easier. Its something thats quite elegant...game design wise. I'll be proud to be a part of it even if it means another full shop sale before i get the 2 million into stocks *grumble grumble*

Today, I added two green beads to my talisman. So now I have two blue, two green, and three red. Let's see if my Neopian luck continues to improve.

Can someone tell a dear old newbie (i.e me) [removed] these Lutari beads are all about? All I know is after reading this post I want one :-( lol

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie~) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not curse in any way. That includes acronyms of inappropriate words.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Can someone tell a dear old newbie (i.e me) these Lutari beads are all about? All I know is after reading this post I want one :-( lol

Lutari beads are beads you put in your Lutari Talisman. You can get them via a Random Event, buying them from shops, on the Trading Post and/or in auctions. You get the Tongi beads by signing up and referring people to Neopets Mobile.

Each color does something different.

Red increases Neopoints earned when playing games.

Green increases Random Events.

Blue lowers shops prices in the Main Neopets shops.

The effect of Yellow is unknown.

The names of the beads are: Oranu, Matu, Ranka, Urapa and Tongi.

The more beads of one color you have, the more the effect increases. The maximum beads of one color you can have (by buying) is four. You can only get the Tongi beads by signing up and referring people to Neopets Mobile.

More info on Lutari Beads here: http://www.neopets.com/~trebormailliw