Tivsy's Birthday Giveaway

Lia Seeya

About

My 18th birthday is this April 23rd and since it's normally a big deal here I'm celebrating it over the weekend with family and friends (and some of next weekend with my brother and friends XD). Since I'm celebrating it with all these people I appreciate offline, I figured I'd want to celebrate it with you guys online, the TDN forum members, who I appreciate online as well. :D

SO. That means that, from April 20th (now) to April 23rd, I will be holding a giveaway! I'm giving away 18 nicely-priced items: Neggs, Codestones and some things you can sell/use as you see fit once you get it. :D

giveaway.jpg

Rules

As with other giveaways, there are a few rules.

• Comment here with your Neopets username AND an answer to this question...
    "We can all help the environment in one way or another. Tell Tivsy TWO things that YOU can do to help save our environment. Be as creative, insane or scientific as possible!"
  • The first 18 people that post their username and answer will be placed into a list, then I will go to Random.org to generate a list of users that will tell me what to send to whom. :D
  • I hope some of the forum members I've spoken to enter this, since they are the people who welcomed (and re-welcomed) me, gave some good tips and introduced me to Dragon Cave. XD I've seen a lot of people posting just for the giveaways and I want this one to be something special for the people who've helped me in the past.
  • Be nice, no drama and have fun. :)

Entrants

1. Daily Dare (flightofjay)

2. Coco (leianidas)

3. ho_yt (hoyt89)

4. Xepha (xepha)

5. Jikuu (jikuumage)

6. Mumbling (iriskuppen)

7. chi (dongnghi_1999)

8. Phoenix (rssales)

9. ilovestickers (watchthisspace__)

10. theknowledge02 (neomaniac513)

11. anneliese (word_nerd)

12. heartbr3ak (heartbr3ak)

13. kss15 (so_secsy)

14. ryanmuch (ryanmuch)

15. crazy monkey (swimfreak8888)

16. tsaria_outsider (tsaria_outsider)

17. Deepti (deeptilove)

18. Stephanie~ (stephanie28915)

I'll join, anyway. I need Pack Rat stuff and/or money for collat... XD You know my username. *points to the left*

- I can sleep at an earlier time so I can save energy. (Since me sleeping late usually comes from using the computer too long or watching TV late at night. XD)

- When I take a break from the computer and wait for my downloads to finish, I can turn the monitor off.

I love how my answers are related to my computer!

Yay another giveaway!!

Hmm.. let me see I may not be creative but I will list out things that I can easily do at home.

1) Switch off any lights that when on without anyone around.

2) Ask a few players out to play a few sports instead of staying at home playing computer games. Save electricity and good for health ;)

My Neopets username is Xepha.

2 things to save environment ?

1- Buy local products! It means they have travel less to come to you, thus used less petrol ;)

2- Bring your own recycled bags when you go shopping, and when you are offered a plastic bag, refuse it and say you are saving Earth.

1) Conserve water in the kitchen! The dishwasher is more efficient than washing by hand, and don't speed thaw using running water if you don't have to.

2) Don't keep the house at chilly temperatures if you can help it! Leave the AC at a decent temperature to cool, so you're using less energy. Personally, I keep the AC at 80F, but that's just me. Having fans on helps cool you down without using as much electricity.

My Neopets name is jikuumage. Happy birthday! Thanks for the giveaway!

joining in, my username is iriskuppen.

What I could do for the environment?

Well usually I turn off any light I don't see the need for it to be on, as well as any computer screen at school or in the house.

I don't throw away anything on the floor, just nicely in the dustbin.

Ahh there's so much more to it :D Good luck everyone :)

hi! Happy Birthday!

1. show my commitment to the environment by buying recycled products and consider using reusable items rather than disposables

2. support and participate in community environmental conservation activities

username: word_nerd

Oh! 18!!! Is that the legal age when you live?

Also, woohoo for inspiring people to go green and really hope people do as they're saying lol

1: We're HUGE on energy savers lol. We rarely use lights. Open the curtains during the day! We really go the whole nine yards from shutting the heat off at night(in the winter) to using Compact Fluorescent light bulbs.

2: Another one we're obsessed with is COMPOSTING!!! lol Two birds, one stone. We don't up the landfills and since it's recycled nutrients, our garden/trees look FABULOUS! About 60% of the waste we consume can be composted. You can compost everything from egg shells to bread and pasta to coffee grounds. We usually take the garbage out once or twice a month (four people live in our house). Less plastic bags, less rotting food... yeah. Composting FTW!

Username: heartbr3ak

USERNAME: so_secsy

Well Im not very insane or crazy but I'll try! These are 2 things I do/could do

1) Put solar panels on the roof of the house and use the energy generated from them

2) Attach some sort of generator to a cycle. That way I can exercise AND generate my own energy

-also one more! Build my house out of tires. Its been done before. The tires form all the walls and I think cement is put around them.

Anyway-congrats on turning 18! It's an exciting bday-especially in Canada cause you're legal!

username is ryanmuch

1) Feed your leftover food to a pet (like a dog), as apposed to just putting it in the bin.

2) Don't even bother learning to drive > the bus is your friend! And if it's at a reaosnable distance, don't take the bus, yoiu weren't given feet and legs for nothing, hmm? :D

I can't tell if I am too late or not, but here goes:

tsaria_outsider uses low wattage cute curly que light bulbs to save energy, and always uses clothe bags at the stores. The give me funny looks when I bring a target bag into walmart, or visa versa, he he. I also carpool to work in a hybrid ^_^! We cram four and some times five adults into that thing on a daily basis. Talk about clown car.

P.S. Happy almost birthday!!

Hello! My name is Deepti and my username is deeptilove. (No period at the end) My answer to the question is that I have insulated walls, we have recently put solar panels on our school roof, and I'm convincing my mom to get them on our roof too. We only use air-conditioning if we need it, and we recycle as much as we can. Happy 18th birthday! I'm turning 17 on May 6! :D

EDIT:

Whoa! I think I put more then two! So here are my main 2!

1) Install solar panels

2) Take public transportation, or a car pool with friends while going to school, or even to the mall. It's way cheaper then buying gas, and you're helping the environment too!

Aww does that mean I'm too late? :P (Neopets username is to the left)

Ah well, happy birthday anyway!

1. Planting trees. Fun, yet healthy. :)

2. Recycling as much as possible. Paper, food scraps, some plastic. Every little thing helps! :D

Yay! I actually managed to crunch in! xD Aww well Stephanie. I'll send you a gift if you want.

well I don't know If I made it or not but I'll give some advices on enviromental care:

I do this: I save as much water as I can and not so hot, I get the tires of my car with lot of air because if you have youre tires with low air, the fricttion makes the motor to work harder and use mor gas ;).

I recomend you to pick up your friends in one car and go all together to school/college or just ride a bike.

and also to plant a tree at least once per month :D

my username is kaiandshadow BTW

Not sure if I'm too late or not, but happy birthday too!!!!

What I do to help the environment:

1. I turn off every single powerpoint that I am not using, even the one attached to the telle, microwave, toaster, kettle, etc. All these items still suck out electricity even if you aren't using them. Mobile phone chargers are the worst, they suck out the same amout of energy if your phone is plugged into or not!!! I noticed a $300 drop in my electricity bill this quarter because of it!

2. Compost or worm farming. I live in an apartment, however am looking at getting a counter top compost bin or worm farm. I can give the compost to my urban family who live in houses to use I figure. Also another thing is I rarely every use my car anymore. I walk everywhere or get the bus.

Wow... I certainly didn't expect this many people to submit in such a short time! Thanks everyone! All 18 spots were filled in the first page. :D Stephanie~ was the 18th person to enter.

To Kai, Sarafina, Femme_Diva and Saphira: I'll be sending you guys something for your Earth-friendly ways as well. :D

Alrighty, I'll be randomizing this probably tomorrow. Thanks for entering, guys!