Key Quest

Anime

I've used about 10 keys in the past 2 days... and I've realised that I seem to be getting much more neggs and codestones from silver keys. I mainly get junk from the gold ones which is really frustrating.

I haven't won anything worth more than a negg however :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think that right now ppl are getting a lot of summer junk :/ im not using my gold keys. ill cash them in when there are no crappy excuse for prizes

Thats a good idea, I keep getting crappy stamps and grundo dressers with my gold keys. Best thing I've gotten out of like 15 gold keys was a super icy negg. Haven't gotten a PB in MONTHS!

Key Quest has been giving out sucky prizes lately....

If anyone wants to play a friendly game, feel free to neomail me ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New to the forums but I wanted to rant ^^; I dislike quitters who do it on purpose. To be fair, I have left games when I feel that the other player is just being plain mean - the other day I was in a 2-player game and had only one key cause they other player kept using Lint Ball on me. Fair enough, you want to win the game. However, once they had all five of their keys and was near the door, they still kept using powerups on me and instead of just winning the game to put me out of my misery, they continued around the board, not giving me any chances to get keys or taking them away from me. In the end I just closed the game when they were somewhere around the board (since they skipped out on getting to the door, probably to try and earn more neopoints or something).

I don't mean to sound whiny =/, it just bugs me that some people are that harsh in a game.

Berry- That kind of game would be really hard for me to not quit too! But I've never quit a game ever on purpose so I hope I would be able to stick it out! But thats one of the big reasons that I hate scripted chat!! If you could talk to them you could tell them that you were going to leave if they didn't go through the door... but I don't think there is any rule saying they have too.

I have won amazing things from KQ... I have won a starry PB one day and yesterday and today I got a Tyranian PB and then I've own like 4 pieces of the secret lab map and a couple for the regular treasure map... usually I just win codestones and neggs... which I have turned in enough neggs to get a cool negg.. and now I'm selling them individually. I got my frist red codestone today too! I LOVE KQ :wub_anim:

I really do love Key Quest, and I have been getting some pretty sweet items from it. Though today there was a particular round of it I played that had me wondering a few things. Is is possible that people can cheat the game somehow or is it that the game can be glitchy or have bugs? I never had an issue with these things until this last game I just played, and funny business happened twice that game. The first thing that has me upset was I used a rainbow key power up and tried to change one of my own yellow keys (I had two) for a red one. The whole process went the way it should, except for after my turn was over, I still had two yellow keys and zero red keys. The next thing that happened was that my opponent (it was a two player round) played a lint ball power up on me, and it kept me from picking up things for two turns rather than just the one turn it's supposed to. It caused me to be unable to pick up two keys. I wondered if maybe it was supposed to do it for two and I just forgot the way it worked so I played a lint power up on them and it worked for only one turn. Has anyone else experienced things like this ?

That game has a lot of glithes!

On one of the mini-games, I can't see the cursor and the other player went on with his points! :(

Anyway, I won a Speckled paint brush last week! :D

I love Key Quest :)

I used to encounter so many quitters, but now as soon as someone joins my game I check their collector's case and look at the ratio of gold to silver keys. Since I started refusing to play anyone with suspiciously low number of losses, I hardly ever get quit on. I know it isn't foolproof, they might just be very good at the game, but it seems to work for me anyway.

Key Quest just lags for me. Although when I do play, it's with guildees, and we play till we each get 30K. :P

Are there set rules for playing Key Quest? Like perhaps rules to do with cheating/quitting. I can't seem to find any but if anyone does, please provide a link, thanks!

Nope, these things have been answered in various editorials. If you ask on the neopets Key Quest boards, someone will provide them :)

Sadly I lack the patience to play KeyQuest haha. Hearing lots of good stories about it.. and considering the prizes you're all naming it might be worth another try after all? I hate how you can't really chat. It would help me kill time.. And maybe make 'friends' ?

Sadly I lack the patience to play KeyQuest haha. Hearing lots of good stories about it.. and considering the prizes you're all naming it might be worth another try after all? I hate how you can't really chat. It would help me kill time.. And maybe make 'friends' ?

Yeah, I don't bother with trying to talk with the pre-made conversation things. Is kinda lame. I assume they will be making it so you can have a real conversation though as there are things everywhere saying not to share personal information and whatnot. How is that even possible if they aren't going to make it an open chat?

I expect it will be a neofriend-only open chat or something like that.

I find it kinda awkward when people try and talk to me on the scripted chat. I had one person who wrote something nice when I was 1 roll from winning.. I can't remember the term but something like "well done". I was trying to find an appropriate reply and went with "Don't worry, be happy!" but then I realised it could be taken as if I was mocking them or something :/ I hope they didn't think that, it was gracious of him/her to congratulate me.