Forum Setup

Guest shanemk

Guest shanemk

Maybe there's some display mode setting I haven't found. But assuming how the forum looks as is now, it's so ugly. The letters and topics are crowded together. It's cramped an absolutely unappealing. I mean yea I'm used to vBulletin's blue style but other forum's I've been on have been well put together too.

TDN forums just seem hastly put together, in the graphics department at least.

Wow.. I think that was a tad bit rude. I honestly do not see anything wrong with it, I think you need to broaden your horizons a bit.

Maybe there's some display mode setting I haven't found. But assuming how the forum looks as is now, it's so ugly. The letters and topics are crowded together. It's cramped an absolutely unappealing. I mean yea I'm used to vBulletin's blue style but other forum's I've been on have been well put together too.

TDN forums just seem hastly put together, in the graphics department at least.

Can you take a screenshot for us? Maybe there's something different in the settings between you and us. Also, I think the forum layout is standard, as it's from IPB.

How big of a computer monitor do you have? If it's relatively small, then screen real-estate is limited and I can understand your concern. However, our forums use professionally made skins from our board provider, Invision Power Services. It is likely that your display settings may not be correct.

Guest shanemk
Wow.. I think that was a tad bit rude. I honestly do not see anything wrong with it, I think you need to broaden your horizons a bit.

I in no way meant it rude, but to be honest who would it be rude to? The developer of the bulletin or the tdn team who placed the content in the bulletin? Moreso the developers and they aren't around...I think. And as I said, I told you I have been on plenty of other forums.

It's gray...drab, along with the other mentioned things.

Included screenshot.

post-10284-1239324779_thumb.jpg

This is the normal look of the forum.

I personaly like it and don't think there is a thing wrong with it.

A forum isn't meant to be graphicly entertaining. It's a place where you can read posts and exchange... so the emphasis should not be on graphics in my opinion but in content.

Actually, I like how the layout looks. The gray makes it cooler too b)

And I don't feel like it's crowded at all. Maybe you want to try the TDN Classic? (Found at the bottom of the page, next to the language selection)

Guest shanemk

TDN classic, the blue setup, does look nicer to me. But the text still feels cluttered.

And yea a forum is about user-exchanges but that doesn't mean it can't at the same time be visually appealing.

TDN classic, the blue setup, does look nicer to me. But the text still feels cluttered.

And yea a forum is about user-exchanges but that doesn't mean it can't at the same time be visually appealing.

You can have your opinion but I do think it's appealing the way it is right now...

...Anyway! I'm glad you find the classic style more appealing. Thanks for your input, as you are aware, Ian, TDN's owner, has visited this topic and is aware of it, he will decide if anything should be done to help combat the potential text issue.

If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open up another topic or PM Ian. Thanks.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Superfly).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Superfly if you have any questions regarding this action.