The General Store Thoughts

hrtbrk

The search came up empty for discussing this sooo....

Thoughts on this? Can everyone see it yet? lol

It's in Neopia Central by the bookstore. It has yet to show up on my screen but has for one of my neofriends, who sent me the link. It's interesting, unlimited quantities, no haggling, cheap prices for wearable's too!

I like it so far... if it would show up on my page haha

I think it is pretty interesting. I think it will make neopets more appealing to newer players because it has some fairly nice items and low prices with out the competition. I am curious if the stock will ever switch out (so you could get different books, different clothes, etc). Even if it does not, I think it is a great addition!

Meh, its okay, got the wearables, but thats all. The problem with it is that it looks like it will be the same items alll the time!

It yet as to show on my map too... I got the link from the news after someone in my guild pointed it out :P.

It's pretty much useless and will cause deflation on some items. I guess it's good if you are a newbies, but beside that...

I bought the wearable because I never find anything matching shirts and jackets... so yea. Maybe it will help me with customization, but they didn't need to put them in a general store, you know.

Well, I got five now books! So that's good...but I don't really like it if all of the items stay the same. Hopefully, they might change it every month...that would be interesting. :D And maybe, they could have like some "secret" area where you have to click to get a cheap paintbrush. Of course, that's probably never gonna happen. <_<

I see this a good step forward in the active promotion of a better immersive experience. Its a good idea, putting a general store which sells stuff one would buy if new to a foregin town or city. Its not overwhelming, it welcomes new users to the caring for, and active imaginaion of their pet as true people to care for. Artistically and game design wise, its a good move as it immediately sets up a comfort zone.

Of course, to veterens, its just another addition to a site thats continually growing. But if the store was there, i reckon my first neopets experience would had been improved, all those years back.

I can see it on the screen and it is a pretty good thing if they are going to change it every week...but I dont think they are going to do that, better send a question for TNT in NP.

Um, I freaking love it! Can we say freaking? I think so...I'm saying it anyway.

I'm glad someone made this topic, cause I wanted to, but I didn't because I didn't know if it was actually new or if I just hadn't see it before yesterday. I bought all the books

in there yesterday for my "ultimate genius" pet, JohnathanBrisby. It totally rocks my socks! And I didn't even realize the clothes were wearables! *goes to investigate*

I too hope they change the product monthly or at least seasonally, but I kind of doubt that. And I agree with Xepha that it will deflate some prices, but not on anything truly

valuable like PB or Codestones or any thing like that. Just makes some basic stuff easier for noobs to find, and for the rest of us it's some unexpectedly cheap-as-free stuff.

Check out the newest NP times in the Editorial, and all of your questions will be answered. -waves magic wand-

It's not like all items available on Neopets is going to deflate because of this. The only items that will have a deflated price are the ones that have been featured in the general store as they're accessible to everyone at an unlimited quantity (obviously)... which only makes sense for them to do.

Uh... last time I checked, inflation was the big issue in the Neopian Economy. :P But I guess deflation of the wrong items is a bit annoying as well.

The General Store is a pretty cool idea, but I kinda wish there was a little more variety. Still, cheap stuff for the win! (:

I thimk it is better for newbies, atleast now no one will write a story for the NT about Newbies making pets and leaving them cuz there was no money and blablablabla...

I just bought those five books for Luna, 206 read to her, all were either free or under 1K :P. I didn't know this existed, thank you for sharing! I like the idea and agree that it's good for newbies :).

Uh... last time I checked, inflation was the big issue in the Neopian Economy. :P

:sad01_anim:

The only things that inflate are the retired items, with a few exceptions. And especially for newbies they're extremely hard to get, so it won't help them. The rest of the items, the vast majority, continually deflate. Because of the massive and massive deflation it only becomes harder to make money if you're not good at restocking/sniping/games.

The introduction of the Toy Chest for example made around 15 books totally worthless. Or take the Wheel of Mediocrity. A Gruslen used to fetch 15k around a year ago, now 5k and dropping and dropping. The food items were all worth more than 50 np. Now you're lucky if you get more than 50np. The Tangy Tyrannian Cheese and Crackers used to, but now with the GS not anymore. Also playing Dice-A-Roo becomes less and less interesting. Prices for those food items are always dropping already and the Coffee and Marshmallows, Kau Kau Farm Milk and Neowaiian Bread will be worth absolutely zip in a week.

I used to sell my Kau Kau Farm Milks for 245 and Coffee and Marshmallows for 210. Look what they're worth now.

The proof that TNT really doesn't get it, is that they offer the Snazzy Moon Comb for 189 in the GS. Don't they realize that thing that hardly has any use has already been deflated to death by it being given out for years by the Shenkuu Lunar Temple? You are lucky if it gets sold for 1 np.

Can someone explain how this is to help newbies? Buying things for far more than they are sold via users' shops? That only sounds like ripping off newbies.

It is just a virtual game though, but the inflation is a big problem I suppose...

I see your point now. :yes: I guess the general conclusion is that TNT has no idea how to manage an economy. :P

Heh heh, thank God TNT isn't running the US economy right now :P

It seems to me that TNT always mentions inflation as a problem, but when Neopians complain about the over-inflated retired items, TNT refuses to do anything about, whereas they keep on trying to decrease inflation by lowering already-low prices.

I wouldn't consider myself a "noob" but I'm definitley liking the concept of some cheap books I don't have to haggle for... I always seem to lose the item when I start haggling for books at the book store.

- Apollo ^_^

You don't have to haggle in users' shops and it will be far cheaper. Why do you want to use the General Store?