Key Quest Question

Ashbash

I was wondering if anyone else was having any problems with the Keyquest minigames. I have a couple of problems with them. The one with the nova stars is the worst. By the time the game actually appears for me, half the pairs are already gone. I also have trouble with the one where you have to draw circles around the bugs, my lines never show up that I'm drawing. If anyone knows of anything I might be able to do to fix this please let me know. I was thinking it might just be something I need to download? Not really sure though.

Unfortunately, this is a common problem. There are two fixes and one suggestion. However, the fixes are expensive. You can either upgrade your internet connection (test your current speed at http://www.speedtest.net ) or upgrade your processor. If you don't want to do either, you can only play with people you know, and ask them to wait until you IM them telling them you're ready to play.

You could also try to play in different browsers... I've best performance with Opera (I'm on mac OS X platform, so this might differ for you as well). Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, IE, Safari... try them all and see which one is the best one for you.

Nononono!! Don't use Opera! Well in my case it's bad, it always freezes on Key Quest. I have a fairly new computer that has loads of RAM and a great processor and Opera is baddd for Key Quest! D:

I always have that problem with the Nova game, though.. :( I hates it!

I had constant problems with the petpetpet game, nova stars game and a couple of others. I went out and bought a new computer, (4gb memory, quad processor), and now it is a very rare occasion that I ever lose at any of the minigames, (other than the spider one which seems to be purely about luck/tactic). I found with this new computer that the only games I would lose more than win were the maze game and digging game.

Admittedly I also have a 24mb connection but that made no difference to my mini game ability. The only thing that has is buying a new computer. I win 99.5% of all mini games because of it.

Having said that, even when I lost pretty much every mini-game, I would still win the gold key. The simple fact of the matter is that tactics far outweigh processor speed or internet connection. The simply garbage methods with which I see people play makes me wonder how they ever get a gold key. This game, regardless to its name, is not about the keys. For instance, you have a teleporter. Where do you teleport if you need the green or red key? Most teleport to the right hand teleporter. That's wrong, and that's why they lose. You know the opposition will win in two goes. You're next to a key.. Get the key or go for the powerup? This is why people lose. Bad tactics.

I've tried playing it on Opera, it gives me the same results as Safari and Firefox unfortunately. However, I like it much better for everything else and I'm really excited to have it! So thanks again Xepha! Thanks to everyone for their advice. My computer is fairly new so I don't think that will be the issue but you never know!

I really see a difference with the petpetpet game... I can't catch any of them if I am not playing in Opera. And the board lags less than in Safari. (Safari = worst with KQ).

I'm pretty sure one of the problem is that Neopets is made to work with Flash 9, and I've update to Flash 10... everything errors on Neopets because of it. (I mean, pet images, customization, neohome 2.0 and KQ... everything Flash heavy).

I am however planning to get more RAM because I'm sure it will make a difference as well...

Anyway, good luck with KQ. It's still possible to win even if you have troubles with Mini Games (except, it's less enjoyable).