Shane for Wax

Do you believe in ghosts?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Yes? No?

• Yes
    • No
    • No opinion
    • Give me concrete evidence THEN I'll believe

Please do not debate the issue, I just want to hear how many people believe in the paranormal. If I wanted you to debate the issue I'd put it in debate :P

If you want, feel free to give some personal experiences. If not, that's fine too, you can vote anonymously.

I will however share a recent account of my experience.

The past few days I've been hearing things fall but then when I try to find what fell, I can't find it. And then today I hung my cane on my closet door and I suddenly heard some thunking, I looked up and my cane was swishing around, and I tried to recreate it and it wouldn't thunk even when I tried to see if it could have slid down.

And a past experience:

When I was a toddler I was living in North Dakota. What we didn't know is the house we used to live in, someone committed suicide. So I refused to sleep by myself in the room and the closet would freak me out. My sister once had her clothes folded without anyone even touching them (You don't rightly forget folding clothes unless you're senile do you?)

I believe in them! My only stories are that this house that my mum and I lived in for 10 years had ghosts in it. It was so weird..

In my room there would be silly things like the closet light would just turn on and off over and over for like 5 minutes and then stop. The door would slam randomly and the TV would also do the shutting on and off thing.

However in my garage, I always got this terrified feeling. I was scared to death to go in the laundry room, which was where the door to the garage was. I can't explain why but I felt like my life was in danger in the garage.

Well one time I brought my friend from school over for the first time and she was really into ghosts and stuff, well she stopped immediately in the front door and was like, "You have spirits here, don't you?" I was like I think so... And then she said, "I can tell.. you have two ghosts. One is playful but the other.. the other one is very angry"

I was like aghhh, creepy! She had no knowledge and had never been there before!

That is pretty creepy lol. We aren't sure why someone who committed suicide would want to fold our laundry, or why I was so scared of him. Maybe there were two of them in the house? Hmmm...A maid and the man who commit suicide?

I believe in ghosts xD I refuse to go into our attic alone unless it's broad daylight because it gives off such a cold vibe. It seriously creeps me out. Even having the light on doesn't make me want to go in there if it's dark xD

That is pretty creepy lol. We aren't sure why someone who committed suicide would want to fold our laundry, or why I was so scared of him. Maybe there were two of them in the house? Hmmm...A maid and the man who commit suicide?

HAHA, good point! I didn't even think about that when I read your story! Maybe he had an obsessive compulsive disorder. XP

I just find myself having a hard time believing in ghosts. I mean, how would it work? Having no physical body, then shouldn't be able to do anything other than touch people through their dreams, and even then, I don't think it's likely.

I dunno, give me some very solid evidence and maybe I'll believe, but at this moment I don't think they exist.

Then the last poll result is for you, Unstream. But hey, it's your choice to believe or not. I won't push it on you. But I do suggest you watch Ghost Hunters.

I personally have had a few experiences with ghosts in my current house. One time i was in my room doing my makeup in the mirror and right over my shoulder i saw a little boy staring at me. I stared at it for awhile but when i turned around it was gone. I played it off as my imagination going wild. But then a week or so later i was walking down our hallway and i saw a little girl and the same little boy running down the hall just playing with each other. My last experience with them was a little more creepy. I was trying to go to sleep and all the sudden i heard someone whisper niki (my name) so i flipped the light on saw no one and shut it back off. It probably happened like 10 times before i finally decided not to turn it back on and then i felt something like an inch away from my ear and it said Nicole. Needless to say i stayed up all night and the light didnt go off again.

My brother has also had numerous experiences with them too.

I just find myself having a hard time believing in ghosts. I mean, how would it work? Having no physical body, then shouldn't be able to do anything other than touch people through their dreams, and even then, I don't think it's likely.

I dunno, give me some very solid evidence and maybe I'll believe, but at this moment I don't think they exist.

Well my brother is a student at a shaolin kung fu school. And his grand master has literally put out a candle from behind glass in a breeze less room. He has also put out a candle in the middle of 5 other candles without putting out any of the other ones. Although i was a skeptic too, my experiences with it make it a lot easier for me to believe that it can happen. I mean if someone here can do things that seem not real then i dont see why something that we have very little understanding in not have the same ability.

Welllll...

My grandma died last year. And the first time I REALLY thought about it was a couple of months later. I was about to go to sleep, which was when I usually thought about her when she was still alive, and I heard a creak in the wall. But, it wasn't just any creak, somehow I KNEW that it was the sound a wall would make if someone were to walk through it. And then the next instant my side was very cold. But it was a weird sort of cold, it was an eerie, but calming, cold. I just kind of knew it was her.

And then a couple of days later I was on the computer downstairs and I heard the same creak in the wall, but this time the feeling I got was warm, and I knew it meant she was okay.

I've seen Ghost Hunters before, and I think that stuff is so easy to fake. I mean, it is on the Science Fiction channel.

Didn't I say not to debate it? lol Please people, feel free to share your experiences. Even with the paranormal in general! There are things science cannot explain.

I very much believe in ghosts. I even think that my birthday being on Halloween makes me a little more attune to that kind of thing. We lived in a house where a woman had drowned in the hot tub outside, and weird stuff always happened in the house, but always only in the rooms that the woman would have actually been in a lot. Like the master sweet, kitchen, living room. Never in like the guest rooms or kids rooms. And I was at another friends house one night when on a totally not windy or stormy evening all her pool furniture "blew" into the pool. In a time span way to short for anyone to have pushed it all into the pool.

I believe in ghosts because I know people who've seen them. I haven't seen them for myself (though I feel things sometimes) but I do trust these people. Plus there's the fact strange things DO happen around the house that are a little too creepy sometimes.

I can't bring myself to believe in ghosts. I don't know why. I just can't. But I don't deny that there are strange experiences. I mean, my friend's grandfather is dying, and he's "seen" him numerous times just randomly around the house, and he always says something to the effect of "I know I don't have much time left. Just know that I love you and the rest of the family."

But as for the creepy kind, I can't make myself really believe in them. I'm not calling anyone a liar, it's just... If I were to believe in them, my imagination would run wild, and I'd freak beyond belief. So I don't.

Just that if the universe is made of matter and energy, then what would ghosts be?

Me? I believe that there are spirits, but I don't believe they have any matter or energy, so they may "observe", but they can't interact with us. So the whole thing like on Ghost Hunters with poltergeists, I don't believe.

God is a different matter though. He's the Creator, and doesn't have to follow the "rules" he set up in this universe, but that's a different topic. Just adding this so you know I'm not an atheist :P

I believe in them... probably because I've had so many experiences that just can't be explained away by anything.

It all started when I was a little kid. Now I don't sleep with my limbs hanging off the edge of my bed anymore, because the amount of times I've woken up to my arm or foot being tugged I can't remember (and it happened after I'd waken up as well so it wasn't just a sleeping limb movement...)

One time I was sure it was my grandmother as it was about a year after her death and I had moved into the room she occupied. I woke up one night to feel fingers slowly making their way up and down my arm and then playing with my hair. It was the only time that I actually didn't freak out and was able to stay in bed with the lights off. She made me feel love and warmth :)

All the other times I freaked out. When I was living at home I'd crawl into mum's bed, and now I'm living with my partner I just wake her up.

There was only one time that I actually set up a warding around my bed. But that was when I was staying with a friend at a house sit and the place was just... wrong.

Just that if the universe is made of matter and energy, then what would ghosts be?

Me? I believe that there are spirits, but I don't believe they have any matter or energy, so they may "observe", but they can't interact with us. So the whole thing like on Ghost Hunters with poltergeists, I don't believe.

God is a different matter though. He's the Creator, and doesn't have to follow the "rules" he set up in this universe, but that's a different topic. Just adding this so you know I'm not an atheist :P

Well if you're talking about God...Ghosts are merely lost souls, who have not found their way above or below.

I believe there are things you cannot explain, science can record evidence, it just can't explain how it happened. I believe there are things in this world that we do not yet understand. Centuries ago we didn't know why people got sick, but now we do.

• 2 weeks later...

The past few nights once it hits 12:30 AM I get this feeling I'm being watched from the darkness. The watched feeling ends at around 3:30 or 4 AM. Really freaky.

Personally, I would tend to agree with Unstream's theory, there may be spirits that can "observe" us, but I don't believe in the "traditional" ghosts. I've never had any experiences with "ghosts", but I wouldn't call anyone a liar either just because they say they had, tho it's kinda hard for me to believe it.