V6 Suggestions Topic

dailyneogirl_

If this upsets Tipem or any other members I'm sorry. Um, I reckon the V.5 layout is too simple, Maybe Tipem could change the layout tomorrow or whateva. I like the V.4 one. It alerts you of the Featured Games daily. The Faerie Crossword it on the main page, don't have to go to Forums. I'm not saying V.5 is very bad. I would rate it 95%. And the V.4, 99%. It's pretty good though. I'm happy with it, but I hope you change it soon. :) I was viewing the Live Webcam 15 minutes ago, and Tipem or whatever held a paper saying 'A new layout is komin! ORLY? yarly' I wonder what that is all about! :woot: He's going to change the layout! Yippee!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. This has been going for a fair amount of time. Since v5 was released... a fair while ago, there has been questions as to if it was too plain.

The main idea for v5 was for boredom, but also to reduce the number of images eating up the TDN bandwidth, as I believe it did keep going down before. Hence the simplistic layout.

Also, Tip has started work on the new layout as it says on the webcam. But you can't see it yet. Neah neah!

If this upsets Tipem or any other members I'm sorry. Um, I reckon the V.5 layout is too simple, Maybe Tipem could change the layout tomorrow or whateva. I like the V.4 one. It alerts you of the Featured Games daily. The Faerie Crossword it on the main page, don't have to go to Forums. I'm not saying V.5 is very bad. I would rate it 95%. And the V.4, 99%. It's pretty good though. I'm happy with it, but I hope you change it soon. :) I was viewing the Live Webcam 15 minutes ago, and Tipem or whatever held a paper saying 'A new layout is komin! ORLY? yarly' I wonder what that is all about! :woot: He's going to change the layout! Yippee!!!

Yeah, I totally agree on that. v4 was much easier in navigation, but v5 is much quicker. :) Hope the new layout comes soon!

As was suggested, uh, somewhere else (can't locate the topic link >_<) we're working on the layout. I've been in intensive discussions over the last few days about V6, and two layout designs have been kinda drawn up. It's being worked on.

Please only talk about the layout now if you have some real suggestions FOR it, not just saying it needs to be changed :)

Topic Locked.

BTW:

- Information will be returning to the main page, IE, the featured game.

- It's unlikely the FCA will return to the front, though. We may have them showing on a seperate page, or redirect to forums; they take up too much space which can be used elsewhere. I'm very doubtful that they'll return.

Unclosed.

I'd like to hear if you guys have any suggestions for the new v6.

Anyway, we're working on the new version 6 and it should be in development for quite some time actually (a few months at the minimum). I'm going to be doing a massive content overhaul (making certain pages look prettier), reducing ads and making them look prettier, and make the layout not so boring (namely more COLOR AND IMAGES). Additionally, the front page will act as a Neopets portal - news, crossword answers, featured games, newest articles on TDN, basically -- EVERYTHING -- localized on one page. It'll just be a lot more cooler with a ton more spiffy features. b)

Any other suggestions?

Let me have some time to think of Ideas. Seriously, I am a very good thinker. Just give me some time. (Don't I sound like I'm up myself??)

Maybe Tipem could host Contests! I was thinking of a Staff Art Contest. The members will vote, and the staff will compete. Tipem would be the host. Not only the members have a good time, but i think the Staff people should too yeh? They work so hard, and lets give them a break.

Also, maybe a daily riddle, quote, or tip from Tipem. I have lots of quotes. I made a quote Topic too. Click here! It's cool. Hope the suggestions help Tipem! ;)

Nice idea, and more contests are planned. Contests are not an issue. We're here to discuss attributes of the layout, not what we host :) Jasper runs all of our Art Contests.

Heh, we have a good time =D

Again, although a random quite idea is nice, and considered, we're after discussions on layout attributes only. For now. =D

I thought the whole suggestions for v6 were to be done through the TDN survey. Oh well.

Veterans of TDN will remember a portal they once had, but disappeared for... some reason that I can't remember. <_< I didn't really use it, and wasn't so amazingly upset that it went as the things were avaliable elsewhere.

Yeah, you might want to change a few of my ones, Tip. I sort of... cheated on the layout thing, and the code broke on some of them ('?' appearing on the top table on Game Guides. Where'd they come from, anyway?) and my deckball one could use a little sprucing up. But overall I think the guides are great as they are (minus the blobs of ads ruining the flow of a page. That's annoying.)

A Tip from Tipem, eh? Wow. That sounds vaguely familiar...

Basically, all things mentioned so far are what have been done on other fansites already to overkill. We need something that's so simple and easy to use that other people steal our ideas! Such as... urm... well, you can think of something. Heh.

It was a blog planned for TDN thats been postponed.

Dont worry about your content Matt, noen of it needs to be redone; thats all fine.

One very nice feature is planned (under development, actually) which is very unqiue to TDN. Plus the personalized dailies list/portal area.

This is a bit "out there", but I really loved the little ticker on v4's news page that told a random fact about neopets. And maybe different skins, like how the red one would feature Jerry, and, say, a yellow one would feature a yellow lenny, and a blue one would feature a blue uni, and a green one would feature a green xweetok. If you were really ambitious, I bet you could make one for each of the colors for pets, but only if you had a lot of time on your hands... I have lots of other ideas, but if I don't go to sleep in the next few minutes, I may just pass out in the middle of typing message, and I don't want to do that.

EDIT: and, if you were really really ambitious, you could make a pet and petpet color database, since rainbowpool.net went down forever. But the database would take a lot of work...

This is a bit "out there", but I really loved the little ticker on v4's news page that told a random fact about neopets. And maybe different skins, like how the red one would feature Jerry, and, say, a yellow one would feature a yellow lenny, and a blue one would feature a blue uni, and a green one would feature a green xweetok. If you were really ambitious, I bet you could make one for each of the colors for pets, but only if you had a lot of time on your hands... I have lots of other ideas, but if I don't go to sleep in the next few minutes, I may just pass out in the middle of typing message, and I don't want to do that.

EDIT: and, if you were really really ambitious, you could make a pet and petpet color database, since rainbowpool.net went down forever. But the database would take a lot of work...

I think Jerry and Mr Unnamed Hissi is enough, foxyloxy. :)

Black and White, make it goth....if you want....Muahahahaha!!!! I love Goth.....not too goth, but the cute goth. You know a girl with a white bow tie on her head, with maximum eye liner. Yeah...that will be a great theme. But I think kids wont like it. Ok, you did not read this. Forget about it.