Syn-Chan

Does KQ Lag for you?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Why does it lag for you?

• Too many players
    • Doesn't lag for me
    • When people neomail me why you left, you use lag as an excuse
    • Your laptop fails?

So, what's your excuse reason for lag? Or do you not lag at all?

Have some advice for those who lag?

Do you think Neopets should look into the lag?

Mmm, On mine it freezes EVERY mini game :( And I really want a PB from it but I can't 'coz of the fact I can't play it *sniff*

Yeah. If you have enough RAM, it should be fine. I think Neopets should make minigames a bit fairer for people with lag by adding a 3...2...1... at the start. Bcos, at the moment, if you get into the faellie labyrinth first and you navigate through it without too many mistakes, you win. Sometimes, you can even go all the way to an opponents side, dance around him, then win the prize. I've done it before. I quit the guy though, and sent him an NM, saying it was unfair to him. Anyway, It is the same for all the other minigames, first, in, you tend to be first to win. What do you guys think of a 3..2..1.. countdown at the start to make things fairer?

I am on a laptop and I have no problems with lag (not that I play kq all that much, it's kinda boring to me lol.) But my laptop is brand new and I have high speed internet, it's not surprising that those on older computers and slower connections would have trouble with that game.

Sometimes I can play KQ (and lose the game *lol*). Often I'm disconnected, or my laptop freezes.

So I guess my laptop is too old and doesn't have enough RAM to sustain KQ properly. I think KQ is a little bit unfair for players with old computers/slow connexions.

I definitely agree with the 'first one in wins' comment for minigames - I can predict with uncanny accuracy which player is going to be winning every mini game after everyone's rolled once (you can tell how much the game lags for a particular player by seeing how long the token waits after each step). I'm ashamed to say I'm quite happy when I see my opponent is lagging worse than I am.

KQ lags heavily for me... probably because my internet connection is next to useless and my computer barely makes a fifth of the system requirements.

How many keys do you need to get a PB? And is there any specific game you have to play to get it?

~Jessica

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please stay on-topic with the original post! :) Feel free to make a new topic for this question though. For the record, getting a PB is random when redeeming a gold key and no minigame or game board will give you a better chance at this in KeyQuest.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Honestly, I don't know. My computer has a good enough amount of RAM, and yet, I still lag. Maybe I will go clean it out some more. I've got a ton of useless files and I need to play KQ to get more money for a lab ray. -groan-

Either way, I'm winning, Xepha~! The polls don't lie. 8D

(The people do.)

Well I don't think TNT has written the KQ Flash object to take advantage hardware acceleration, so a graphics card probably wouldn't come into play. That's just a guess though.

Alright, since all this seems to have been pointed in a different direction...

What is your requirements?

What I mean is, what do you think is the best amount of RAM to play KQ? I have 2GB, and yet I still lag slightly. Especially with the Nova Matcher, which I find unfair.

I also find the minigame portion slightly unfair. When some of the games crash, how come some random guy gets one point? Just. one. You don't know if you've lagged or not, but some random weirdo gets one point and wins the game while you sit there wondering "Why did they play? Did anyone play? Why did they get the point?"

PC:

Windows XP or Vista

1.5 GHZ or higher processor 2 GB RAM

256 MB Video Card

Internet Explorer 6.0 or above

Mac:

Mac OS-X version 10.4.11 or higher

Intel Duo Core 2 ghz or higher processor

2 GB RAM

Firefox 2.0 or above

That's all the specifications you need to play. The problem might not be your RAM, but the video card or your processor. If your computer already takes time to process your commands (opening applications, opening files, starting, stoping), don't expect a game to run well...

You can check the amount of RAM already taken by your regular programs. On XP, it shows if you do ctrl alt del. On mac, you go to application, then on Activity Monitor. Currently I'm using about half of my RAM and I just have 1 browser opened and my emails... plus everything on dashboard... eh.

For normal walking it will lag a little but when it comes to minigames it will really lag a lot but one thing I don't know if it is because of lag but everytime when I was playing the spyder scare I will aways not be able to go down after like 1 or 2 tries... Maybe my com is slow?

Oh, that sucks. It's even worse on my Desktop so..

Yeah, me too. My desktop is a bit older so its kinda expected. But I usually can only play in the wee hours of the morning. During regular hours, I get dropped from the game so often that I don't even try anymore now.

Mac:

Mac OS-X version 10.4.11 or higher

Intel Duo Core 2 ghz or higher processor

2 GB RAM

Firefox 2.0 or above

*coughs* all that is the same as me and it still lags for me :(