Could my account have been hacked?!

firexstarz

I was at my guild's headquarters when suddenly I was prompted to log in (Yes, I made sure the address was www.neopets.com). So I figured it was just a glitch, like some kind of slight programming error or temporary offline thing, so I logged in again, and it said "invalid password". I was kind of panicking already, but I told myself to calm down and type it in slowly, but still no go. So I typed in my user to be sent the password, in case I did remember wrongly, but I haven't gotten the email yet! And it's been ages! Could someone have hacked my account and changed my email settings?????

A lot of times people are auto-logged out and it has nothing to do with being hacked. It's just some annoying thing TNT sometimes does.

And sometimes the password has problems being sent.

So maybe try sending the password once or twice more.

If that doesn't work, try send in the form to TNT to get your account back.

Good luck!

I see you have lots in the TP. Use that to report that your account had been hacked and it should be frozen. Then you can write to TNT to get unfrozen...

Good luck.

Thank you so much, I just tried that. I hope they read it soon. I feel really... suicidal now. :crying:

Thank you so much, I just tried that. I hope they read it soon. I feel really... suicidal now. :crying:

Do NOT talk like that.

It's just a Neopets account, so relax. :)

Hopefully TNT will get to it when they can. But there is no need working yourself up into a panic because of this.

Do NOT talk like that.

It's just a Neopets account, so relax. :)

Hopefully TNT will get to it when they can. But there is no need working yourself up into a panic because of this.

I know it isn't much, but, well. I have this problem with depression. So yes. I'm trying really hard to hold myself together. Sorry.

WOAH. Hold the phone.

Just take a deep breath. Things will be okay. Just try the "Send Password" button again, and if that doesn't work, send an email to TNT requesting that your account be frozen. You might need to add some details like your neofriends list and some of the items you had to confirm that it's yours. I've never done this before, so may all luck be with you. :yes:

WOAH. Hold the phone.

Just take a deep breath. Things will be okay. Just try the "Send Password" button again, and if that doesn't work, send an email to TNT requesting that your account be frozen. You might need to add some details like your neofriends list and some of the items you had to confirm that it's yours. I've never done this before, so may all luck be with you. :yes:

Okay thanks, I just tried that. I don't even want the neopoints and items back. If they want it so badly, they can have them. I just want my pets and my avatars back :crying:

I didn't even do anything wrong, some people are just trying to have some fun here.

Unfortunately i have not much advice on this. Although, did you change your email address or anything? Same thing happened to me, and i was told by two people that TNT would erase the password automatically after a year. I lost my side account with over a million worth of items because of this rule.

I checked your account, and it says 9 months, so i dont think its this case though. Do tell us how the matter is resolved, i have sent a mail myself yet have not received a reply.

And about the suicidal part, dont worry, i felt the same way too.

I haven't gotten a reply from TNT yet. And I still can't log in. :worried:

You know, it's kind of weird, since I would think that whoever it is hacked my account for the items and the neopoints, but I checked my gallery, shop and TP from a side account, and everything is still intact. So why bother to hack? I'm sure it doesn't take that long to transfer the stuff.

Unfortunately i have not much advice on this. Although, did you change your email address or anything? Same thing happened to me, and i was told by two people that TNT would erase the password automatically after a year. I lost my side account with over a million worth of items because of this rule.

Is that a new rule? I left my main account for over a year before and then came back... my password still worked.

I haven't gotten a reply from TNT yet. And I still can't log in. :worried:

You know, it's kind of weird, since I would think that whoever it is hacked my account for the items and the neopoints, but I checked my gallery, shop and TP from a side account, and everything is still intact. So why bother to hack? I'm sure it doesn't take that long to transfer the stuff.

I sent in forms a week ago for my account and still haven't heard anything. It takes a bit of time for TNT to get to your submission, epecially if you only sent today since its the weekend so they're not in the office ;)

Yeah, I really hope they do manage to help, thanks though. I was wondering if I should create a new account to play. But when I think of my dear pets, my sweat-and-blood-earned avatars and all the neofriends I never got to say goodbye to, I just feel too disgusted and too tired for anything. So I guess if I don't get my account back after, say, a month? I guess I'll quit for good. And that's.. painful but inevitable I guess. Funny, I used to rush to play Neopets all the time, and now it feels really weird to have nothing to look forward to anymore.

Oh no dont do that!

Neofriends can be made again, just tell them about your change to a new account, as for avatars, well, its alwasy good to restart a slew of goals since you already have prior experiences and whatnot. Maybe just chill out for a few days and calm that frustration. Im sure you'll eb able to pick yourself up after that ^^

Yes, but what's the point, seriously? With all those stupid scammers and cookie grabbers spoiling things for everyone, even if I start all over eventually the same thing might happen again, right?

And besides the worst thing is that I don't remember my Neofriends' full usernames, so they'll probably be mailing and mailing and wondering what's wrong, and I have absolutely no way of telling them, since they're not from the same country as me.

Argh this is so frustrating. I'm frustrated and angry and upset and depressed all at the same time, and my exams start next week; I wonder how I'll be able to pull myself together for one more month.

It's so dumb; I just started out here too and could have had such a nice time.

Hey! My account has been frozen! What should I do now??

Could I possibly hope again?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Morbid Morgan) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.