Official Puzzle Challenge Topic!

Superfly

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right guys, this isn't puzzle related but it needs to be said.

The maximum number of lines of text you can have is your sig is 6. Six lines. While I like seeing people with their puzzle achievments in their sigs, they have to conform to that rule. I all ready PMed two people about this and I don't want to have to speak with anyone else about something so small.

Exactly, and this rule is clearly started in the Signature Guidelines, per se.

You can always stretch them out horizontally, or make a more appealing graphic sig. :)

I must say that todays puzzle was quite easy!! Thanks Izzy!! I still can't for the life of me figure out most of the others though :(

Wow. I finally unscrambled the answer for the crossword, even while having one of the letters wrong. That makes the fifth one I've solved. Too bad I can't win...

Oh well. Good luck to everyone else!

Ok, I'm confused about how to enter the answer on number 9. I'm pretty sure I have the right answer, but I don't know if I'm entering it right. Do you include the hyphens (A-B-C-D-E-F)? Do you enter the order that the letters would be in, or do you enter the numbers AND letters? I'm confuzzled. And I don't want to enter the wrong thing, b/c then my puzzle will be locked. :(

Well, I'm a idiot, it seems, so I might as well not even try. I can't wrap my head around any of the given puzzles. Suppose it's stress, that usually ruins my ability for any sort of logic riddle-solving thinking.

And the 28 degrees Celsius for the fifth day in a row doesn't exactly speed up productivity on ANY level, mental or physical *LoL*

Ok, I'm confused about how to enter the answer on number 9. I'm pretty sure I have the right answer, but I don't know if I'm entering it right. Do you include the hyphens (A-B-C-D-E-F)? That's not a hint or anything, I just need to know how to enter my answer. And I don't want to enter the wrong thing, b/c then my puzzle will be locked. :(

It is a hint!! It is basically telling you to put hyphens instead of spaces!

Aww!! Maria that sucks!! I can totally relate to the weather thing (though not at the moment)!! Winter over here and it is cold!!

The hint means that when you finds the numbers, you put them in the roder of the letters (a first, then be, then c) with dashes in between. For example, if A = 5, B = 2, C = 3, D = 4, E = 1, and F = 6, then you'd submit 5-2-3-4-1-6.

Oh, ok. I was entering the letters in order instead of the numbers. Thanks!

EDIT: I guess my answer was wrong. I could have sworn it was right though. :hmmph: Now I'm locked out. :(

EDIT2: Ok, I went back and it said sorry that answer is incorrect in a pop up thing. Then when the page loaded, it said you have answered correctly. Then, on the list of puzzles, the status is blank. So did I get it right?

EDIT: I guess my answer was wrong. I could have sworn it was right though. :hmmph: Now I'm locked out. :(

EDIT2: Ok, I went back and it said sorry that answer is incorrect in a pop up thing. Then when the page loaded, it said you have answered correctly. Then, on the list of puzzles, the status is blank. So did I get it right?

I'm not sure about that one Chessa but i think you should ask Izzy just in case. And I feel so stupid about number 8. I couldn't save my own life if I had to solve it. :sad02: Just the same as number 2 and 4. I guess my brain isn't working very well... :sad01_anim:

I suggest that you start a new topic in "Site Feedback, Bugs, and Help" One of the staffers will be able to help you out then!!!

I also want to add that I loved today's puzzle. The right puzzle to soothe my brain... at least I knew what we were supposed to do in it and got it right! Thumbs up to Izzy for planning this puzzle challenge for TDN! Hurray :D

if ever there was a puzzle that should never see the light of day again because of meanness it would be puzzle challenge 08's day 4

I don't think so.. there is one more puzzle just like it.. I call it the "Anagram of DOOMinos" and it is drawing closer (I still haven't solved it). :( :sad01_anim:

Anyways, GOOD LUCK to everyone for puzzle 10.

Difficulty rating: 7/10

I don't think so.. there is one more puzzle just like it.. I call it the "Anagram of DOOMinos" and it is drawing closer (I still haven't solved it). :( :sad01_anim:

Anyways, GOOD LUCK to everyone for puzzle 10.

Difficulty rating: 7/10

The one to which BJ refers is coming tomorrow *cackle* BUT I think it is easier than #4 because you at least get some direction as to which letters go where lol

Today's is a fun one :D

The one to which BJ refers is coming tomorrow *cackle* BUT I think it is easier than #4 because you at least get some direction as to which letters go where lol

I agree... There is some direction unlike #4. (that crackle scares me.... :P )

Fun?

*ahem*

Define "fun", Izzy. XD Is Day 4's "fun"? >_>

Day 4's was fun for me! I love watching you all squirm *evil laugh*

Izzy has been warped beacuse she posts the FCA so much.... And well, she hangs out with us. *cheesy smile*

*high five* Yay for crazy staffer chats!

This may take some time. Quite a bit of time. Ugh. Blast u Izzy!!!

Yes! I finally got you with one!

Oh, that one was easy... Quite cute, actually.

I like this one too ^_^

A HA HA! U thought u had me with this one, but i found out. What an excellent puzzle! This was my favourite one to solve and what an excellent way to find the answer. Aww, man that was awsome. Props to u Izzy. Props to u.

i have to agree. despite not knowing what most of the pictures were i eventually got it...