FINALS - Krawk Island vs Roo Island!

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

After a lot of excitement, enthusiasm and joy/disappointment for many people, it is certain that Lost Desert and Shenkuu will be battling it out for the 3rd place, after Roo Island and Krawk Island beat them and now face off for the finals match, respectively. Both teams are at least guaranteed a silver trophy, but they'll be wanting the gold!

We now have BlackJaguar to give us our daily report:

krawkisland_100.gif"Thank you HBK. After those 2 long days of semi-finals, we now have our two finalists, the Krawk Island Pirates and the Roo Island Roos. The Pirates manage to dodge every ninjitsu that the Shenkuu Ninjas tried while the Roos avenge their huge loss against the Lost Desert Mummies during the elimination round. Players of both the Ninjas and the Mummies say that they will still support their teams and Desert next year.

rooisland_100.gifWe will be expecting a fierce sea battle as both contenders try to invade each other's island. All aquatic Neopets and Petpets are now evacuating to prevent getting caught in the crossfire. Will the Pirates able to defend their tuft this time? Or will the Roos manage another slight win to snatch the Cup? This is it, the last 2 days of the Altador Cup III. After 48 hours, we will crown the winner and champion of Y10. Hold on to your bets. Bringing you the latest straight from Altador Colosseum, this is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets AC3 coverage. Signing out.

Side News: The two Silent assassins are battling for 5th and 6th while the two former champions are fighting over 7th and 8th, in group 2."

I'd also like to give congratulations to Maraqua and Mystery Island (3rd group) and Virtupets and Altador (4th) for making their group's finals!

Good luck to all teams, and let this final be something we'll remember for years to come!

Feel free to comment on our news posts; no registration required for guests.

P.S. Regarding the finals, ~75% of those who answered "Who will win?" said that KI will win while ~25% said RI. Definitely interesting stats to consider.

If you click on your team's logo in the finals, it'll show you who won what in the semi's.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Shenkuu lost the chance at first, the fact that we made it to the top for after such a bad start is something to be proud of. KI and RI have been top contenders through all three years. They deserve this chance at first. They deserve the most epic battle ever. Good luck to both of the teams. Shenkuu's gonna be in third again, so look for us after it's all over. ;)

Guest Kiri, owner of Krawkaroo

That's because 75% of the people you asked probably WERE from KI. I think that TDN supports KI, too. And if the AC is rigged, which it probably is, RI is definitely going to win. KI will be next year if my formula is correct. And RI will be 7th next year, too. But I'm the owner of Krawkaroo, so I don't really care one way or the other. :)

Guest Sasha

Oh, wonderful. I'm pretty angry that semi-finals are over, and I didn't get to play very many games. The site hasn't been working for me since early yesterday morning (as in past midnight NST). So that means I only have to play 405 games within the next two days in order to get to All Star. Hopefully the site will start working for me by the time I wake up tomorrow. *big fat exasperated sigh* (Nevertheless, the two teams that I expected to move on in the top bracket have, so it'll hopefully be time for me to actually play for SK tomorrow.)

Guest van_twitch

I don't think TDN is biased towards KI. Sure, HBK supports KI, but besides to the rum references once in a while, there's no KI-bias. If HBK was biased towards KI, I expect he would have expounded more in the sweep of KI against LD during the final match in the Double Round Robin. ;)

The Cup would be too predictable if every year the former champ gets demoted to 7th, and the former runner-up gets the gold. Where's the fun in that? That's why I'm rooting for KI in this match, to break the chain, and of course, because KI's my team. XD Anyway, I think DC coming in 7th this year (if they win against HW) is because there was just other teams who were better. Just like MI playing in the 3rd bracket even though they are clearly a 2nd bracket team in terms of power.

My theory about the whole freeloaders-bringing-down-powerhouses thing is that even though freeloaders don't exist, they don't count towards the team's performance. I'm basing my theory upon TNT's statement that you can only help your team and not bring it down. The only thing that brings a team down is the major players transferring to other teams because they fear the freeloaders. Without the major players, who'll bring the average up?

Thoughts on my theory?

Guest Guest

KI MADE IT INTO THE TOP TWO SO IM VERY HAPPY :D

TODAY AND TOMORROW WE VERSE RI. THEY HAVE DEFEATED US TWICE BUT WILL NOW BE PLAYING HARDER THAN EVER SO WE HAVE TO MEET THEM AND DEFEAT THEM! THEY WILL PROBABLY BE LOOKING FOR AN EASY WAY FOR THE CUP BUT ACCORDING TO MY CALCULATIONS, I THINK THAT IF WE WIN IN YYB AND NOTHING ELSE THEN WE WILL STILL GET THE CUP. EVERYONE PLEASE FOCUS YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS INTO PLAYING FOR OUR TEAM. PLAY EVERYTHING FOR THE LAST TIMES THIS YEAR AND PLAY YOUR HARDEST. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PUT YOUR BEST EFFORTS INTO YYB, SS AND MSN, BUT ESPECIALLY YYB PLEASE.

THEY ARE ALREADY BEATING US IN YYB I THINK SO PLAAAAAAY!

:)

I don't think TDN is biased towards KI. Sure, HBK supports KI, but besides to the rum references once in a while, there's no KI-bias. If HBK was biased towards KI, I expect he would have expounded more in the sweep of KI against LD during the final match in the Double Round Robin. ;)

True. We always try to remove any biases from our news. All reports will be based on our analysis using the game results, daily predictions and Neoboards.

That's because 75% of the people you asked probably WERE from KI. I think that TDN supports KI, too. And if the AC is rigged, which it probably is, RI is definitely going to win. KI will be next year if my formula is correct. And RI will be 7th next year, too. But I'm the owner of Krawkaroo, so I don't really care one way or the other. :)

Actually, the people we interview were from other teams (not RI or KI) so there will be no biases. And TDN doesn't support any particular team. We are actually from different teams. :D

ex:

Ian - RI; HBK - KI; TJ - LD; Xepha - MQ; Me - DC; Anime - SK; Ashley - FL

Woo ian is with RI :D

But the finals are quite cool. 2 Matches im looking forward to know who won is

Krawk island and Roo island

and the return from Year 1

Haunted Woods vs Darigan.

Btw, why does 75% say Krawk island. In the double round robin. RI beat KI in both matches. (I think we the only team to fully win a match)

EDIT: Has anyone noticed, the match results are mostly the same.

The winners always win Yooyuball and Slushie bringer. and the loser always win MSN?

Actually, the people we interview were from other teams (not RI or KI) so there will be no biases. And TDN doesn't support any particular team. We are actually from different teams. :D

ex:

Ian - RI; HBK - KI; TJ - LD; Xepha - MQ; Me - DC; Anime - SK; Ashley - FL

WHAT? And you didn't ask me at all :P

Guest Guest

I []STILL[/b] can't get onto the site.

I couldn't even go see the results for myself.

This is getting to be too much.

Btw, why does 75% say Krawk island. In the double round robin. RI beat KI in both matches. (I think we the only team to fully win a match)

That makes this finals so interesting..

WHAT? And you didn't ask me at all :P

Oh! sorry about that :D I forgot your from DC too..:D

Guest Guest

I was so close to joining KI this year, but I wanted to stick to TM because I wouldn't want to disappoint my friends and I wanted to be loyal to the team anyways. I just had a feeling KI would win this year and I hope it happens. They have been working hard and they've always been in the top 4 so I think this is their chance to shine. I feel really bad having MI with us in the 3rd bracket, I really don't think they deserved that. Hopefully FL will manage to have a win in YYB and finally get out of last this year. Good luck to all teams!

P.S. Regarding the finals, ~75% of those who answered "Who will win?" said that KI will win while ~25% said RI. Definitely interesting stats to consider.

You know, I don't have a problem with supporting your team on the boards and such, but isn't news supposed to be... oh, I don't know... unbiased? I can understand a little fun, but when I (an avid RI supporter) go to see who won and lost, I don't exactly appreciate having YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE thrown in my face. Come on, I checked you guys before I even saw the actual results on neopets. I trust you to be more professional than that, at least in official news articles.

Maybe TDN doesn't support any particular team, but Krawk Islander and HBK (who both support KI) are extremely active in the AC news department, and are representing TDN and making it look very biased (not just in this article either, I just chose not dispute the others).

However, that being said... thanks to everyone who worked so hard and made this the best AC coverage site I've ever seen. And now, it's time for an EPIC SHOWDOWN!!! Good luck to everybody, and may the best team win!

I do not support KI at all XD.

But anyway, good luck to everybody. I shall try to beat MI today and tomorrow! It's fun that it ends this weekend (and even cooler that it will be on my birthday XD)

Although I know its unbiased, I do think this shouldn't have posted.

I too have traveled around the boards, looking at all predictions everyone is making and I'm calling it 50/50. Even some Krawk island think Roo Island will win.

In the last 2 days, RI needs all the confidence they can get, if they are to win the AC. And with coming on to see only 25% of the people support RI, It won't really help them.

Edit: Just held a survey for non KI and RI to answer. It is basically 50/50. It seems that some teams overall are supporting KI (Darigan, Shenkuu) Whilst there are teams supporting RI (Maraqua, Lost desert etc)

Guest Krawk Islander

Right, I'd just like to explain things once and for all.

First, I do not believe this news post is biased. Why? Due to the fact that we used an Neopets source to gather information. If it were like "75% of our staff think KI will win and only 25% give the win to RI", then that would be biased, indeed. But when you go on the Neoboards, asking non-team members (aka non-KI or RI) their opinion on the finals results, and most of them say KI is most favorable to win, then it's not biased because it's not our opinion, but most of the Neoboard's one.

Another interesting point is that this seems to happen every time I post something a little...controversial. Remember that I reported that most of the Neoboards were complaining about TNT seemingly trying to favor too much RI's team in the news? Well, most of you were complaining that I was the one saying all this. Yes, I might be the author of the news post, but I do not take responsibility of words that aren't mine, because I just expose a situation that the boards discuss. It seems to me that many people don't seem to get our motive for posting these news. It's not to create flame wars or bashing of our news, but indeed to be discussed in an environment that doesn't particularly involve any kind of insulting, unlike the Neoboards.

Now figure a poll handed out to people about their predictions of the results of the 2008 Presidential Elections. Imagine many people vote John McCain to win it, and then a online website that covers the event (such as CNN) post it online. Then they start getting comments from democrats saying that that this particular news station news are biased. The station answers to the angry comments stating that it wasn't their opinion, they just post the results. See, there's a little difference between posting and being biased and posting but getting their source from a different website or people (in this case, the people that were included in the poll).

See where I was trying to reach with that analogy?

Well, it's the same here. We don't think that RI have less chances to win than KI, we are just stating that, out of the people we interviewed on the Neoboards, they think that way.

Maybe TDN doesn't support any particular team, but Krawk Islander and HBK (who both support KI) are extremely active in the AC news department, and are representing TDN and making it look very biased (not just in this article either, I just chose not dispute the others).

Heh, the nicknames Krawk Islander and HBK refer to the same person - me. It's just so happens that KI is my AC nickname, while HBK is my normal non-event one. :)

And it's BlackJaguar who's active on the AC news coverage front, alongside with me, and he's from DC, so even less bias.

Guest adrianna

okkk. so i just got back from a week long camp, and was dyinggggg to play and help out my roos....but no i cant even get on the site at all!! it just wont load! im sooooo mad!! grrrrrr.

Guest adrianna
okkk. so i just got back from a week long camp, and was dyinggggg to play and help out my roos....but no i cant even get on the site at all!! it just wont load! im sooooo mad!! grrrrrr.

is it not loading for anyone else?? or just me??

idk what to do!

Guest heroz
me either..... :crying:

i can't go on neopets too :crying:

i wish i could help support krawk island

and i hope they fix it soon

Guest Scott
i can't go on neopets too :crying:

i wish i could help support krawk island

and i hope they fix it soon

i need to support Darigan Citadel :grrr: ....... my pets are prolly starving

Announcements