Leaving neopets

crxsnochic

Hi all, it's been quite awhile since I've posted anything or even logged on to here! Well, as my topic title stated, I'm pretty much leaving neopets. I'm about to start my final year for my undergraduate degree and then after that it's off to medical school, so I really don't see myself having any spare time in the foreseeable future. I haven't even logged onto neopets (until today) for months now.

So, rather than have all my accumulated stuff sit and rot in cyberspace, I'm gonna be giving it away. I'm donating my halloween lupe to TDN because while I was active, this site was awesome and the people were awesome on it as well, so it's just a way to say thank you. As for my other items, they're up for grabs, but with a couple of stipulations. If we know each other through TDN forums back when I was active... just ask and it's yours. Just consider it a 'thank you' for all the great conversations and funny word game responses. For people that don't know me, you can earn them by writing a well-written response to this topic about a self-sacrificing thing you did to help someone else out in real life or online... just as long as it's a story about you putting forth effort to help others. And please don't just make something up, cause, well, that would be pretty lame.

As for what I have: I don't have a ton of rare items, but I do have a lot of plushies. I'll try to get stuff moved into my gallery as fast as I can. Just keep checking it as I will try to put the more valuable items in there. I'm off to bed soon though, so I'll update my gallery tomorrow and post on here when it's done. My username on neopets is crxsnochic.

Hey Crsnochic,

I'm sorry to read that you are leaving Neopets, but I do understand what you mean by life getting busy. I'd like to thank you for the help you provide to TDN during the Return of Dr. Sloth plot. It was truely appreciated by all our community to be able to solve these annoying modifiers! You did provide a very good support on our forums too. So yep, I'm glad we did meet and I wish you all the best with med school. It won't be easy, but I'm sure you will give the best of you and succeed :).

PS: You don't have to leave TDN forums even though you leave Neo. We will always be happy to have some news of you. ;)

Hi my name is hayley and i am sorry to hear you are leaving neopets. i love the neopets games and i am online every day. i hope you do well in your degree and med school!!!!! GOOD LUCK! :graduated:

Anyway as i said i am new to the neopets site only being a member for 2 months and i wanted to tell you what i am doing for my siste at the moment. she has just found out she isnt well adn is in hospital trying to get well i am only 21 and 7 months pregnant and live with my partner but my sister has 2 children of her own and no partner so i am looking after her children for her. i love them all to peices and dont begrudge having her children but they are a hand full as all children are lol. i am doing everything i can for them and her plus being at hospital when they are at school. one is 4 and the other is 7 my partner finds it hard at times but he loves them all to plus its good practise for him. anyway thats about it but still i hope you do well adn can help people the way doctors are helping my sister! again GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Ahh, thanks for the reply Xepha. I hope I won't be completely leaving the forums... but I'm pretty sure I won't be as nearly a regular poster as I used to be... especially if the past couple months have been any indication (so busy... and it's still summer break!) I am super excited about school though, now that it's my senior year I'm taking all the really fun (and really hard) science classes and I'm sooooo excited for med school. :)

Thanks for the good luck also Hayley, I sent you a message on neopets. I really hope your sister gets well and that her kids will be able to have her back with them soon. Good luck with your upcoming family addition as well and I hope you and your partner have just the most adorable little baby ever!

Also, I updated my gallery with a few of the more valuable items. I have a ton of plushies as well as some books/misc items, but I can't remember which ones are actually worth anything... so I'm just putting them in as they're ordered in my SDB. Oh, and the Ylanas Blaster is reserved for someone who really helped me out on here, so unless she turns it down... it's not up for grabs!

Aww, a bummer crxsnochic. :( I 2nd what Xepha said, just because you leave Neopets doesn't mean you have to leave the forums. :) ^^

Perhaps you will get hooked on Twin Skies next and use twinskiesnow.com as your #1 resource for twin skies stuff! Then we can chat and hang out on those forums.

Your help during the RoS plot was remarkable! I had to get a friend to solve my modifiers on MSN, and it took a while, you are completely brilliant for solving so many. Just awesome. Med school is hard, becoming a doctor is hard, it's a lot of work - I wish you the best of luck. Perhaps you and Izzy and conspire sometime and practice your arteries or something. :P (sorry if that's already completely beyond you guys, i know nothing!).

Anyway, we'll miss ya. :) Good luck.

I, er, 3rd what Xepha said. xD Don't leave the forums just because you're leaving neo. Levy and I left neo and we're still here. ^_^

I'm sorry to see you go :( I hope you enjoy your final year of college, and all the best with medical school! I'm in my third year of med school, so I know how busy it can get... always try to keep some time for other things though, it helps with the sanity ;)

Thanks for thinking of us with your lupe too!

Hey! I don't know you but best of luck in your future =)

Very kind of you to give your stuff away =o

Aww im sorry that you are so busy rl that you dont got time anymore :( As i said in the pm, what if you got more time in 1y time?

And decides to come back?

I hope you'll do well on your education :) Aww med school only 1 year away :O Thats awesome *clap*

I'm sorry to see you go :( I hope you enjoy your final year of college, and all the best with medical school! I'm in my third year of med school, so I know how busy it can get... always try to keep some time for other things though, it helps with the sanity ;)

Thanks for thinking of us with your lupe too!

Thanks everybody for the nice replies. What kind of doctor are you studying to be Izzy, and does your school do clinical clerkships for the 3rd and 4th year. Those must be fun. I want to be a surgeon... I just haven't narrowed down what type of surgeon I want to be. My husband wants me t go into orthopedics so that I can fix him whenever he breaks himself snowboarding/snowmobiling <_< But I'm more interested in the super gory stuff :) you know... lots of blood and squishy organs. Don't worry everyone... I promise not to squish anyone's organs though! I've been really interested in cardio, or perhaps cardiothoracic, but I've recently become really obsessed with neurons lately... so maybe neurosurgery could be fun too. Oh the decisions!

Also, the super cute pup in my pic is actually a great dane, he just has a lot of spots like a dalmatian. And he's on his way to stardom cause he's really close to beating the worlds record for the tallest dog... only an 1/2 inch more to go. He's so well known at the dog parks cause of his size that I honestly have people yell "Hey Dozer's Mom" at me when I'm at the grocery store and stuff. I should probably just change change my name to officially be 'Dozer's Mom.' :laughingsmiley:

Aww its so sad that you have to leave neopets, but you can still join us in the forum like everyone said.

Wow you are studying medical school, thats great, its must be fun studying things related to our body, but I know that its really tough remembering all those biological terms because I'm just started learning a module called human biology. Wow its great to hear that you want to become a surgeon, keep it up! All the best for your final year even thought I didn't know you very well but I will always remember the dalmation-like dog you have...

Thanks everybody for the nice replies. What kind of doctor are you studying to be Izzy, and does your school do clinical clerkships for the 3rd and 4th year. Those must be fun. I want to be a surgeon... I just haven't narrowed down what type of surgeon I want to be. My husband wants me t go into orthopedics so that I can fix him whenever he breaks himself snowboarding/snowmobiling <_< But I'm more interested in the super gory stuff :) you know... lots of blood and squishy organs. Don't worry everyone... I promise not to squish anyone's organs though! I've been really interested in cardio, or perhaps cardiothoracic, but I've recently become really obsessed with neurons lately... so maybe neurosurgery could be fun too. Oh the decisions!

At the moment I'm leaning towards psychiatry, though I'm not sure yet. Here we do clinical rotations in 4th and 5th year - though I will be doing half a day a week on the wards this coming semester (taking patient histories mostly) so I'm looking forward to that :) Don't worry about not knowing what specialty you want to do just yet... most people don't figure it out until they start the clinical stuff, and find what they like lol You are ahead already by knowing that you want to be a surgeon - you're pretty much the opposite of me with the gory stuff xD I found every excuse I could to not attend my cadaver labs, I'm glad they're all over now!

Why dont you save your account for someone else instead? Maybe its due to my own experiences, but my first accoutn was given to me by an older cousin of mine back in 1999-it was also through he and the account that i learnt about neopets and got hooked to the site. There were many wonderful memories lol

So, while it may be a good idea on the subject of charity, i suppose it would be better to give the very account itelf to a little kid you know. or something, and introduce Neopetz to him/her at the same time.

Just my opinion :D

Sorry to hear you're leaving.

I'd like petpets if you still have some, or plushies or books or armour. Brushes if you got any? If not, I'd like to have some NP please. My username is n00biito there if you'd liek to look me up and my pet's name is Tallica.

Good luck with your aspirations ^^

Oh right and my story... Hmm... I can't say I've done much to help others. People often open themselves up to me (I've had many cry like a baby, soem of them colleagues so I didn't even know them that well) I always listen and give them advice and whatever they tell me stays with me.

I've also lend people money when they needed it. A few still owe but I never ask for it lol (about $160,--)

So that would be my story...

Heylo, I'm Saku and I'm semi-new to the TDN forums so don't think I've met you but I'm still sorry you have to leave neopets :crying:. Best of luck in medical school though! And that's awesome about your dog good luck to him breaking the world record too :O anyways though, I have a story to tell (even though it isn't that great :guiltysmiley: )

I work around horse and have been for years and I remember one time at a show I went to when one of the riders got bucked off her horse. The place we were at didn't have a closed arena <_< so the horse got out. While the medics were going to see if the girl was ok I went after the horse. It's a pain to catch horses when they're just running free but I finally got close enough to grab the horses reins when it turned around and kicked me in the stomach. Luckily it wasn't a bad kick just a painful/keeling over kick xD. But I grabbed some treats and cornered the horse and got it to calm down and finally got the reins and led it back to it's owner who thankfully wasn't injured except for a couple of bruises and scrapes.

But best of luck again! ^_^ I hope everything goes good for you.

I don't know you and you don't know me but its so emotional that someone has to leave. :crying: But I wish you all the best at medical school and hope that you'll have a very successful future coming your way in the near future. ^_^ Good luck and I hope you return to the forums some day. I don't have a story, being 12 is boring but you are a very generous person to 'give out' your items like that.

Why dont you save your account for someone else instead? Maybe its due to my own experiences, but my first accoutn was given to me by an older cousin of mine back in 1999-it was also through he and the account that i learnt about neopets and got hooked to the site. There were many wonderful memories lol

So, while it may be a good idea on the subject of charity, i suppose it would be better to give the very account itelf to a little kid you know. or something, and introduce Neopetz to him/her at the same time.

Just my opinion :D

I actually thought about doing that, but I bet I'll still log on every now and again to play games to help relieve school stress, and I wanted my account to still be available to me for that. I am trying to find some good homes for my pets. One is going to TDN for pet lending, but I'm trying to place the others with kids that might not have any painted pets.

Izzy, Psychiatry is so interesting. I'm taking a psychiatry class this fall, though it's only a basic general psych class, but I'm still excited about it. Oh.. and I looooove cadaver labs... yes I know I'm weird. I even want a really nice anatomy book for my b-day in september, my hubby thinks I'm nuts.

And the stories have been great. I've sent messages to the last few on neopets or TDNforums PMs, so your trades will be up soon. :)

Hello Crxsnochic,

I'm sorry you are so busy that you must leave some of your hobbies. But I guess your studies will be hard and very interesting ;) So good luck and I hope you will enjoy your lessons and labs. Hope to see you again on the forum *wave the hand*