Coconut shy theory tested!

all right ya'll if you have read the article on the coconut shy theory featured in TDN's misc articles section then you know that you have to keep clicking in a certain area and you get 10000 NP fairly easily. I was in the mood to try it out and lo and behold i did it!! in addition to my NP i got a Wailing Evil Coconut worth 50,000!!!! SUPER SWEET. try it.

The link is here. I am going to try this method.

How many times did you try? I am going to try this for 2 weeks.

well i have tried it before but i wasn't too interested in it but i decided to go for the avatar so i tried for my first time in a long while yesterday and then i got it! you can do it 20 times so go all 20 since its only a bit of NP plus you get 300 back a lot of the times too.

I haven got the avatar yet since I try this method a few months ago, I think its due to my luck...

Thank you for the link i'm gonna try it too. I could use some easy NP since I don't have much time to play the games and honestly I suck at them -.-;

I have been trying that method for a few months too. It does mean that I hit more often (nearly every time) but still haven't knocked it completely down yet. Still trying for that avie. Hopefully not too much longer...

Do you really get more NP that way though? I'm not really interested in the avis.

I had saw that theory somewhere else a while ago and had been trying it most days for quite a while but only ever won the 50 or 300 Neopoints.

I just played it a few minutes ago though and I won - so I'm certain luck plays at least some part in it.

I don't know how to take screenshots and I couldn't copy/paste it, but here's what it said anyway -

Ach! See, the game isn’t rigged after all!

Tell your friends, kid! Erm, you also won an

You won 10000 points

Your Neopoints: 110448

You also won an item! (One Eyed Evil Coconut) Which I really, really hope someone buys as it will replace most of the Neopoints I'm just after spending on Cards ^_^ heh

I didn't get the avvie yet using this method, but I did only lose 200 NP for 20 throws XD 1800 NP saved!

If I'm hitting it that much, this is a start =)

heres the link

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/coconut-shy-theory/

or heres the gist of the article...

Now... how did I win?

* I always go for the same coconut all through the game.

* To keep the same aim through the whole game, I have a technique.

It's the following:

Explanation: I always point my cursor to the center of the "a" of "again".

This allows me to always throw toward the middle coconut. I hit it almost every time. But you need to keep checking your cursor hasn't moves and is still pointing to the "a" of "again". Sometimes you may have a correct aim but the ball with go left of right. It happens every game. I win 50np mostly (which is not a gain) then 300np (which compensates for the money lost) and in ONE MONTH I won the 10000 Jackpot THREE TIMES!!

It has also been reported that luck may be increased on your birthday. This birthday theory may or may not be true.

So it's up to you if it's worth loosing a bit to maybe win a lot...