TDN EXCLUSIVE: Interview With Adam, the Creator of Neopets

Ian

Hello everybody!

So everybody has been wondering about Adam and Donna recently (the creators of Neopets). Well, as it turns out, contrary to popular belief, both Adam and Donna left Neopets in 2005 and have started some new adventures at their new gaming studio called Meteor Games (even though their names remain on the Neopets About page)! We chatted with Adam, the creator of Neopets, and he so graciously said yes to answering some of the biggest questions that we all have. Check it out. b)

food_asparagus1.giffood_asparagus1.giffood_asparagus1.giffood_asparagus1.gif

EXCLUSIVE LINK: Interview With Adam, the Creator of Neopets

Enjoy!

PEE ES: Please DIGG this page, yahey! b) Thanks!

Great interview, Ian!

I saw the plant-creature image in another article, but not the scarecrow one. With the watermark it's awfully hard to see the scarecrow's details, though. Any chance of lightening that up just a little? I've really liked the three images I've seen from the game. I like that they're going for an older audience. I think a lot of people who grew up on Neopets may be looking for something a little more mature now and this might be it. :) I'm looking forward to the new game! ^_^

I can see through the dark lines just fine... just look really closely. :) Because the image is darker, it does have less detail anyway. I've taken a look at the unwatermarked image in comparison to the watermarked one and you're not missing anything - no worries! b)

*is too lazy to go back and re-watermark it*

sorry! :P

I can see through the dark lines just fine... just look really closely. :) Because the image is darker, it does have less detail anyway. I've taken a look at the unwatermarked image in comparison to the watermarked one and you're not missing anything - no worries! b)

*is too lazy to go back and re-watermark it*

sorry! :P

Don't listen to him, he worked for like 30 minutes on that interview so he's a little worn out. Oh, he did work all day too though, so I guess I should give him a little slack. We've got someone redoing them right now. :)

Update: They have been updated, much much better now. Thanks Xepha.

Digg This: http://digg.com/pc_games/Interview_With_Ad..._Neopets_on_TDN

Yes, I arranged the watermark on the pictures ;) (with my usual way to do it... which is much neater!)

The interview is really entertaining :) Yay for exclusive!

Yes, I arranged the watermark on the pictures ;) (with my usual way to do it... which is much neater!)

The interview is really entertaining :) Yay for exclusive!

Thanks, Xepha. It looks a lot better this way. It's hard enough to see darker details on my monitor as it is!

Ultra cool that you got to interview Adam! It's just cult! (danish slang for 'too cool for words')

I LOVE the screenies for their new game, looks very dark - exactly my kinda thing ;)

very big thumbs up for this interview, I had been very confused about this subject for about two years now due to the very varying opinions on this subject

They've been gone for three years?! ...Uh, I mean, of course. So who's the boss at Neopets now?

I thought it was odd we didn't get an answer about the orange spots! And that comment about Flea and Celine Dion was clever. ^^

Game about meteors eh? Looks pretty sophisticated, and the characters show they haven't lost their creative touch by far! Something to keep an eye on~

Thanks TDN and Adam!

Guest robbie

Omg i have a widget for you guys on my site and i posted the interview and gave you guys full credit

Omg i have a widget for you guys on my site and i posted the interview and gave you guys full credit

Hey, what's your site we wanna check it out. :)

Wow, an interview with Adam. Pretty cool.

It does depress me, though, that Adam and Donna's new game is going to cost money. :( Guess I won't be able to play...

There's always the free version, which you can still play, you just don't get access to everything.

I think $5 -$10 a month is a lot cheaper than most online games, too.

Hmm, I'll have to play with limited access then, because I can't pay for anything, and there's no way my parents will. D=

Hmm, I'll have to play with limited access then, because I can't pay for anything, and there's no way my parents will. D=

Perhaps you could ask for a subscription as a birthday present (or Xmas or whatever you happen to celebrate). You never know. They might consider it.