So far, so good(?)

MariaWB

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can complain about how much we SUCK at YYB - and share our progress =)

I REALLY sucked at this game at first! I fought and fought to win anything yesterday (first day of playing).

But it seems I am getting better today.. I haven't lost a single game all day and I'm up to 15 wins and 42 goals! I can even manage to win a match if the other team scores, even if they get a goal ahead.

I think the main reason why I'm having a better time of this is because I realized, that the easiest way to win is to simply keep possesion of the ball at all times. Don't give them a chance to score, ever.

And, I must admit, if I'm only one goal ahead and the game is almost over, I just run around with the ball untill the timer runs out :* ^_^

I play right to left, 1+3. That way I can get the ball right away and I have plenty of players to deffend the goal if needed.

I'm aiming at winning 50 matches before the preliminals are over so I can get the avatar, even if HW doesn't make it any further.

I'm not quite sure about this, but I think the rank goes up by number of goals and not number of wins. Or is it number of wins?

Could someone please clarify this for me? =)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm under the impression it's number of wins because even while doing a lot better today than yesterday, my rank went up with 50 wins.

That being said, Yooyuball is the one thing I am good at on Neopets. XD Well, that and RSing... Haha. Anyway, during the practice rounds I average a 4-0 at first, then managed to even at out to a 6-0. By last night, I was up to getting 8-0s, and 9-0s, and now I've managed to get at least 10-0 every game, with 14-0 being my highest score thus far. The only time this changes, is when I have more than one Darigan Yooyuball during play. I still have trouble with them.

Personally, I play left-to-right, with a 3+1 set-up. That way I have one proactive member (Lilo, normally), two to grab the ball quick if the other team gets it or go for the goal if Lilo gets blocked too badly/pushed out of the way, and one last line of defense if they get past my other two guys.

That being said, I get progressively worse at SS. I suck epically at that game.

Your rank goes up depending on the number of times you win in YYB, and the number of MSN and SS games you've played (there is a minimum score needed for MSN and SS to count though). However, your actual score in all of these is what counts for your team. :yes:

For the record, I suck badly at Yooyuball, seriously at Make Some Noise, and horrendously at Slushie Slinger. :S

I am okay at Yooyuball..... I think. I'm somewhere in the middle.

I stink at SS, though, and I can't do more than one MSN at a time because my fingers get tired. :P

Well, I'm mostly good about an average of 5 to 6 goals, but sometimes its really frustrated when the ball just do not get into the net even thought you have the possession on the ball. I play the basic 1-3 formation, left to right the best score I have so far is 12-0

Well, I think I'm pretty good at Yooyuball, I'm quite good on SS, but sucks on MSN. Gah, I played like 300 games, before I knew that there was a minimum score :P.

What's the minimum score?

I think the best I've ever done in YYB is 4-0. Usually I win with 1, 2 or 3 goals to 0, or with 1 or 2 goals more than them if they get in one or two.

That my friend... Is still a mystery for me.

I there was no seven-word limit, I would have responded with just one word.

Crap..

I Guess I am doing good, but I've been staarting to be quite bored... (300 make some noise.. :| )

And at Yooyuball - Faerie Yooyu play ball is the trickiest.. :P

I really like the Faerie Yooyu! Alas, I've only had it once. It does suck, though, if you loose possesion of it. Passing i from one player to another is reeeeaaaaally tricky!

I've set a quota for myself: 10 YYB, 5 SS and 15 MSN per day at least. I don't have high hopes for ranking, I'll be happy if I just manage to get the avatar =)

I don't have high hopes for ranking, I'll be happy if I just manage to get the avatar =)

Hear, hear! ^_^

I'm just after the Avatar and it seems I've joined a losing team anyway (Maraqua) :*

I guess I'm not too terrible at Yooyuball since I don't let the other team score much, but I'll be lucky if I can manage to score anything! I'm just not that fond of the game either so that makes it hard to play.

I'm not sure how I am at SS. I guess around average maybe, but I get bored after one or two games :* *ahem*

For contributing points and aiming for the Avatar, MSN is my game (game = only hope ^_^ )

Well, I've calculated it myself, I get an average of 7.17 goals per game in YYB. :) The best score I've gotten so far was 15 to nothing, but I've only gotten that once.

Hahaha... I cant STAND playing YYB over and over... I am aiming at All Star rank, but I will probably end up at around 1000 wins as I'm already getting a bit bored.

I'm also on a very slow computer, so it takes forever to finish a game and I can't really score that high (only about 6-8 goals a game)

Hahaha... I cant STAND playing YYB over and over... I am aiming at All Star rank, but I will probably end up at around 1000 wins as I'm already getting a bit bored.

I'm also on a very slow computer, so it takes forever to finish a game and I can't really score that high (only about 6-8 goals a game)

Play it when your tired, after a wile, you forget what your doing and lose track of time. And I thought 1000 wins is the highest rank?

Play it when your tired, after a wile, you forget what your doing and lose track of time. And I thought 1000 wins is the highest rank?

I've tried playing when i'm tired, and I fall asleep xD

I thought All Star was 2000 wins like it was last year? :eh:

I've tried playing when i'm tired, and I fall asleep xD

I thought All Star was 2000 wins like it was last year? :eh:

I dunno really. All I did was punch in 1000 wins in the level calculator, and it gave me rank 20 and said there is no other rank.

Sadly I don't have the time to play the games much, but I do when I can. SS bores me, and with limited use of my left hand I have trouble with MSN. But I'm doing okay with YYB. My highest score per game is 10-0 and I am more than happy with that. :)

I feel well with YYB, scoring often (8+)-0, but I feel weird after installing Firefox 3. The whole game simply runs super fast (too fast!). When I play, I play 2-2, but I nearly use Vonde Cayle only (since I have often no trouble snatching the ball from the middle). I still struggle to share some goals to my other teammates (he/she scores more than 85% of my goals), and I rarely pass the ball.

I'm doing badly with SS while MSN is just a little too boring to play too much. YYB is my main way of living.

ONE THOUSAND WINS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :S :axehead: :ohno: :stitchface: x_x :weird: :whaa: :whofarted:

How in the heck does anyone do that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'll be lucky to break 100!

To get 1000 wins, you simply need a gross excess of freetime. :yes:

My best score in Yooyuball so far is 11-0.