Are you happy with your premium?

karmacow

I'm debating whether or not to get premium. I'm leaning towards getting it, but I wanted to hear from those of you who have already tried it out.

What's your favourite thing about premium? Do you think it's worth the cost? Have you been disappointed about any of the features? Add your own answers to questions I have not asked but should know the answer to.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it! I've never wanted to spend money on neopets and was always very against the idea. When they had it on sale I decided to finally try it out.

• The SSW alone is worth it for me. It's so much easier to restock my shop and sometimes I find really good deals while restocking.
  • I also LOVE the SHH events. I mean who wouldn't? I typically get about 1 or 2 a day.
  • I have only lost on one of the weekly scratchcards from the space faerie and I think I've had premium for 5 weeks now.
  • Having an extra featured game is great for getting more neopoints.

There are obviously other features you might like but those are the one's that have really made my premium experience worth it. I'd definitely recommend it.

I second Ash. I was really shaky about getting premium, especially after having the old premium and not being very impressed. However I really enjoy the new premium. The SHH events are really nice, especially the ones that give you 2k NP for no good reason. SSW is amazing, and it's really nice that it opens in the same window. And I really like being able to have the 5th neopet, even though I had no intention of using it when I first got premium. So all in all, I would recommend at least trying it for one month. :)

I love it. I tried out Premium before when they had the free trial, and I was seriously unimpressed. But I was willing to give it another go when they had the super cheap one month offer, and I don't know if I can go back! The Premium SHH are awesome- I've had a lot of them in the last couple of days. I haven't lost on the scratchcard yet-- last Friday I got an item worth 8k. The SSW is fantastic- I keep finding items that are super cheap just while pricing my shop, and it's been great while I'm stocking up on Codestones and Dubloons for training- found a Main Codestone for 20NP this morning!

I have no intention of using the 5th pet slot- I'm happy with the two pets I have, but I know lots of people that absolutely love that feature. :)

And yes, the premium game is nice! Yesterday it was Ultimate Bullseye, which is a game I play all the time anyway, so I really liked getting double NP on it. :)

I'm getting it! Yes I am! Thank you all for your feedback, but feel free to continue the discussion. I'm sure there are others who are curious about premium and would like to hear more. Maybe I'll add my own thoughts later :)

I'm getting it! Yes I am! Thank you all for your feedback, but feel free to continue the discussion. I'm sure there are others who are curious about premium and would like to hear more. Maybe I'll add my own thoughts later :)

Woo! I hope you love it as much as we all do. :)

Oh also, I don't know how much you use the boards on Neopets, but the Premium boards are reaaaally nice too. :) I rarely use them, but it's nice having them available, and everyone on there seems to be quite lovely.

That's one of the features I'm drawn to, because generally I don't care for the atmosphere on the public boards. There are of course nice people, but there are a lot of "not nice" people around, and general immaturity. I'm hoping for a certain level of maturity on the premium board, but maybe that's wishful thinking. But that's not the main reason I want premium, so if it turns out to be less than I want, it's not a problem.

That's one of the features I'm drawn to, because generally I don't care for the atmosphere on the public boards. There are of course nice people, but there are a lot of "not nice" people around, and general immaturity. I'm hoping for a certain level of maturity on the premium board, but maybe that's wishful thinking. But that's not the main reason I want premium, so if it turns out to be less than I want, it's not a problem.

It really is awesome. There is some clique stuff going on, same as on the regular boards, but the people that have Premium are longtime users, serious players, not people whom are going to troll, or be dicks.

I love premium for the SSW, it makes pricing my shop much easier and more fairly, I've also picked up unbuyables I needed from using it.

The premium random events are nice.

I don't play flash games much but I've discovered some cool games I would have never attempted to play if it wasn't for premium

I personally don't care for the 5th slot and only use it sometimes to cure some sick pets in the pound but I suppose if you have 4 permanent pets and wanted one for an avatar, then this additional slot would come in handy.

I had some good surprises when they revamp premium.

The beta game are still there! Always fun to test game and to practice on them before the majority of the players can :P

Now the Space Faerie Charm can double your NP more than just once a day. It's super common actually... so if you are a gamer, you would be pleased to know that the other morning I got double NP on 6 games, then I stopped counting :P

The SHH events give a significant better amount of NP than before too, and we get more of them as well. (Used to be maximum of 1 per day...)

I just got Premium too with the super sale on and I'm loving it! I don't think I can go back. A few of my favourite features are: being able to have a 5th pet because I wanted to pursue some avatars without having to give up my 4 pets that I already had, the SSW which is a HUGE time saver, and the random events are a super bonus. I got a nerkmid the other day :) I haven't had much luck with the space faerie scratchcards though. Oh, and the doubling of scores randomly is also excellent, especially when it's already a 1000 NP score. I'd definitely recommend it!

I'm in love. Mind you I'm an obsessive Neopets player and I have been for over a decade, so this sort of thing won't get old for me. To be quite honest, it's not worth the money; for 8$ a month I expect quite a bit more in a game, but hey, this is Neopets. Obviously, that downside is negated by the fact that I love Neopets with all my heart and soul.

Uhhh. Anyways! The SSW is awesome and probably my favorite part. I always find good deals and the occasional mispriced item. Charter is full of amazing and very friendly people. The conversation is quite refreshing in comparison to the AC....../puke

Everything else is alright. I used to love the status that came with having the avatar and other referal prizes, but now everyone has them, so meh. -___-

Last but not least; it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that I'm supporting the game I grew up with. Most will complain about how they seem kinda pushy with all the NC and Premium crap but to be quite honest I'm proud to pay monthly, and then some. This site has taught me so much and provided so much entertainment, the least I can do is give back, especially when the user base has taken such a nose dive and the site is inching closer to demise.

I've been premium for over a year (on this account and my old main), and I've always thought it was worth it ^_^ The SSW is great and it's even easier to use now with the bar and everything. Looads of RE's as well - Space Faerie seems to constantly be dropping things in my lap XD

Also I totally agree with what littlemushroom says about the Charter Boards, it's a completely different atmosphere to all the others and everyone's so nice! :yes:

Are there any other perks that aren't listed on the premium page aside from additional random events and the chance to earn double neopoints from flash games?

Don't forget no ads. That was my reason for going premium. I got tired of seeing ads for baby clothes. -_-

I LOVE the random events. Play games that refresh the page after every turn (my personal favorite is Go! Go! Go!). One game I got 5 random events, one regular, the rest premium. Granted they weren't awe inspiring items but it's still nice to feel special. lol And of course the SSW is never a bad thing. I love using it to price my shop because it doesn't require refreshing the page or changing tabs, you can do it all right there in your shop window and price everything at once. The fifth pet....eh...not much to talk about there. I was fine with 4 till I realized I NEEDED a royal uni very very badly and the premium made me do it.

Don't forget no ads. That was my reason for going premium. I got tired of seeing ads for baby clothes. -_-

That doesn't make a huge difference to me, as I'm using adblocker. But the SSW and random events are really nice :)

That doesn't make a huge difference to me, as I'm using adblocker. But the SSW and random events are really nice :)

Ah yeah. I just built a new pc and I'm too lazy to get FF and add ons for blocking ads. lol

And grats to ComplicatedWishes. Hope you enjoy!

Aww I hope it gets activated soon! I read on the Premium Boards today that a lot of people have been having issues with premium things today so that might have something to do with it. I know most of us haven't gotten our Scratchcard today but I also read about the SSW being gone for some members.