It's Download Day!

Superfly

Downloaded it! Love it! It's very fast and convenient. I highly suggest getting it! Especially if you have a Mac and are using Safari. Firefox is 20 times better than Safari!!!

I downloaded it and I use a Mac too and although its faster it hangs sometimes (this was happening with FF2 too) and then I have to force quit does this happen to u too?

I installed it...uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version. It stinks! The load time is horrible and it doesn't accept the toolbar (I have XP Pro so it isn't just a Vista issue). Perhaps in a few months I'll try again.

I like Firefox...I also like Opera and Flock....the only one I really don't like is Safari.

About the FF3 causing your YYB game to go berserk, that's a computer problem, not FF3's. I am using a Windows Vista and YYB plays perfectly!! On a Windows XP, it did go berserk, but I used it to my advantage: using the v-e-r-y s-l-o-w moments to shoot by pivoting quickly. The goalie cannot react to it quickly enough, and I am grateful for that. (this may not work for everyone) FYI: The Windows XP I mentioned is naturally slow for an awkward reason, so this may not apply to every Windows XP user. ^_^

Actually, I'm facing the same problem. I'm using Vista. A few minutes ago, my team could run circles around the other team and their shot responses... were horrible for both teams. Then, it suddenly slows down. :O

Actually, I'm facing the same problem. I'm using Vista. A few minutes ago, my team could run circles around the other team and their shot responses... were horrible for both teams. Then, it suddenly slows down. :O

Same, for two games now my players would suddenly go really fast, and in one game the ball would bounce around the whole stadium. Glad I switched back though.

I installed it...uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version. It stinks! The load time is horrible and it doesn't accept the toolbar (I have XP Pro so it isn't just a Vista issue). Perhaps in a few months I'll try again.

I like Firefox...I also like Opera and Flock....the only one I really don't like is Safari.

Would you be so kind as to tell me where you got the previous version? I really would like the old one back, but I had a heckuva time even finding the download, and then when I did and installed it, it completely refused to work -- the window would just open and then it would give me an error message and close again. :crying: Thanks!

Would you be so kind as to tell me where you got the previous version? I really would like the old one back, but I had a heckuva time even finding the download, and then when I did and installed it, it completely refused to work -- the window would just open and then it would give me an error message and close again. :crying: Thanks!

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/4038/

Sadly, after I posted the message and went to play YYB everything was incredibly slow, not how I remembered it, so I may switch back to 3.

It may be your guys processors not regulating your speed well. Intel has been known to be less efficient than AMD at running games. :D That's why I have an AMD.

Or It may be because some Intel's are faster, therefor they increase the games speed more. :)

Or It may be because some Intel's are faster, therefor they increase the games speed more. :)

Even so, this demonstrates the lack of efficiency that Intels have in regulating game speeds. AMD is a better speed regulator when it comes to games. Intel's strong point isn't games, but it does usually beat AMD in other things.

Still, I'm sure mostly everybody here uses their computer primarily for games, which an AMD will aid them in.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/4038/

Sadly, after I posted the message and went to play YYB everything was incredibly slow, not how I remembered it, so I may switch back to 3.

Hrm, I think that's where I got it actually. Strange...the first time I just reinstalled it figuring the setup dealie uninstalls other versions on its own, but perhaps that was a bad assumption? Only thing I can think of anyway...I'll have to try again and manually uninstall FF3 first.

It may be your guys processors not regulating your speed well. Intel has been known to be less efficient than AMD at running games. :D That's why I have an AMD.

Out of curiosity, what's an AMD, and how do I know if I have an Intel (I'm sure I do, but I don't really know what it means)? (Obviously, I'm really dumb at computer stuff...I appreciate any help with reducing my vast ignorance on the subject. :* )

You can find out what processor you have by going to run, and typing in "dxdiag", wait for it to scan your computer for it's parts, and look on the front page under "Processor:".

Out of curiosity, what's an AMD, and how do I know if I have an Intel (I'm sure I do, but I don't really know what it means)? (Obviously, I'm really dumb at computer stuff...I appreciate any help with reducing my vast ignorance on the subject. :* )

AMD is Advanced Micro Devices, they're a company that makes processors.

Hm... OK, then. Still, it bugs me to type in "en" (for wikipedia) and finding tons of the first links being "Bleach Episode XX English X/3" on Youtube, with wikipedia being near the end of said list. -_-

I'm pretty sure that if you type 'wik' or 'wiki' Wikipedia will be near the top of the list. It makes more sense too. ;)

I hope they make a compatible toolbar soon :( My roommate plays Neopets too and can tell me when it's going off, but it's going to be a pain to have to switch browsers and re-login every time the toolbar flashes. And I'm not a fan of the extra junk that got added to my bookmark list...I'm sure I'll like it eventually, but I kinda wish I could switch back to the old one for the time being actually.

EDIT: Found the old version and redownloaded, but it completely refused to work, it didn't even open all the way before saying it encountered a problem and had to close...so I guess I'm stuck with the new one. And *now* I'm trying to play YYB and it's like the game's stuck in a time warp, it goes from running kind of slow to suddenly going way too fast! This didn't happen before....WAAAAHHHH!!! :crying:

I mentioned a way to get the Neopets Toolbar working in FF3 in this post.

As for your problems with using Firefox 2, are you sure you're not using a corrupted installer?

There is an explanation for the problems with Yooyuball (and other Flash games) here.

The new Firefox does seem to take it's sweet time fully loading itself...

This should only happen on the first load. If the startup problem persists, PM me with your computer's specs and any other details you think are relevant and I'll file a bug on it.

The official Mozilla download is at ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...%202.0.0.14.exe

Any more questions? :P

I'm not sure why everyone is having problems with FF3, it's working great for me... It goes a lot faster than FF2... o_O

Sadly, the world of software development isn't as simple as that. Release one piece of software to several million people running a huge range of different hardware and software, all of them with different requirements and expectations, and you'll have a hard time making everybody happy. It's what makes being a developer so challenging. :yes:

Guest Krawk Islander
Sadly, the world of software development isn't as simple as that. Release one piece of software to several million people running a huge range of different hardware and software, all of them with different requirements and expectations, and you'll have a hard time making everybody happy. It's what makes being a developer so challenging. :yes:

Yes, but I run Firefox 3 on three different machines with different hardware limitations, and they all load pages very fast (of course, my LAN AMD is much faster loading pages than my WiFi Intel laptop). My laptop is quite old, with a Celeron 1.5 Ghz processor, but sometimes it's even faster than my AMD 2.2 Ghz desktop (which runs Vista and Mac OS X). I have Vista on both machines, and I use that one as a testing platform. Leopard is faster to load pages than Vista is on FF3, so I generally use that.

I also have a slower 667 Mhz desktop which runs XP, and it's not that slow to load pages, just to boot (because it has to load programs into memory, and it takes time).

I can safely say that FF3 is the best browser ever until now, despite using other browsers. Opera has a terrible GUI, I don't like it at all (never did), although 9.50 is fast and has some nice features. Safari is my second favorite browser, nice GUI, super fast (and Saf. 4 is blazingly fast), but doesn't support FF extensions, so I tend to leave it aside. IE...well, it's the failure we've all grown up to know and it gets worse with every version. You just compare IE8 to IE7 and see which one is better. IE8 doesn't even load pages 90% of the time natively, compared to IE7. And when FF3 released it's first alpha, it was already faster than FF2.

Guest Guest_Raeyin_*

I can safely say that FF3 is the best browser ever until now, despite using other browsers. /quote]

I have to agree. b) FF3 gives me a great browsing experience because everything loads fast. Gmail loads much faster. Neopets didn't change much, though. The drawback: FF3 crashes on me once in a while. It seems to happen when I have a bunch of tabs open to pages with scripts (applications in FaceBook). But it comes right back up to the pages I was on, so it's only a minor interruption.

I have several different speeds of computers (incuding dinosaur), all on XP. On one of these, I use a bunch of random toolbars, two of which were incompatable, and disabled by FF3. I also have a number of Add-ons to the browser, like IE Tab and Adblock Plus. In general, I use FF for most things, but pop over to IE once in a while. I've used Opera just enough to know that I don't like it. Netscape slows everything down, so I stopped using it, too. I also used Netscape and IE when they were first introduced. In short, my experience with browsers is extensive.

Guest mamichan

Just wanted to thank you (whoever wrote about the new Firefox) for posting this as I would not have known otherwise. I made it into the the 24 hours. Along with the new Flash update, everything seems to work really well.

Well I'm glad to see that the hard work that went into FF3 is appreciated. :yes: There are, however, many people with different opinions (we have to deal with them all the time).

I love FF3, it's pretty, it's uber-fast, but I have a problem with YYB: my players run like roadrunners (it's a little bit disturbing lol ^_^ )