Pet Lending Update + New Goal?

New Goal?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which avatar would you like the ALP's next goal to be?

• Draik - Hatched (Need: Draik Egg or Trans/Morphing Potion, ~6.5 mil)
    • Ghost Krawk (Need: Krawk or Trans/Morphing Potion, ~7 mil)
    • Island Quiggle (Need: Island Paint Brush, ~4.5 mil)
    • Werelupe (Need: Halloween Paint Brush, ~900k)
    • Grarrl Warrior (Need: Bony Grarrl Club, ~25 mil)

Hello everyone!

First things first: we are going to resume pet lending! To start with we are only going to lend via transfer chains. This means that you will receive the pet via a safe transfer but rather than transfer back to the account it came from, you send it on to the next person in the chain :) Obviously, you must have both your send and receive open for that month to join a chain.

We may consider doing old-fashioned pound transfers, but only with people who have fast internet connections - and only with contact through an instant messenger like MSN. This will be looked at on a case-by-case basis, but frankly we'd rather you joined a chain... its much safer! It will also depend on which pet you are looking to borrow, as pound transfers are marginally safer with unpainted pets.

2.png

"I'm safer in a chain, y'know! That pound is a scary place!"

The next thing that we want to put to you all is where you want the ALP to go from here. You've all been frantically donating for a new Bony Grarrl Club, but it is inflating faster than we can save :( Since we are lending pets again, Ashley and I thought that perhaps people would prefer that we got some more pets for lending - hence, the poll! Please cast your vote for which avatar you'd like us to get. We have around 10 million at the moment, so whatever happens we will get at least one of the options - well, unless the Bony Grarrl Club wins, in which case we will keep saving ;)

Thanks,

Izzy & Ashley.

I voted for the BGC =p.

Only because I prefer to get rid of harder goals first.

If I understand well, everybody can join 1 chain per month... I might join at some point :)

This chain transfer is a perfect idea. I will be pleased to join it when you define its organisation. ^_^

I don't know what to choose in the poll. *gasp* this BGC inflates way too faster :crying:

A pet chain. Heh. That's a good idea. Why didn't I think of that. :)

Also voted for BGC. Because it was awesome when we had it, and it's easier to lend.

Since I'm special can I have two votes?

I already voted for Krawk, but I don't mind Draik or Krawk - either one. :)

Thanks to our news poster Superfly (aka TJ) we have a Snow pet up for lending too! So, I've taken that off the poll :)

jetsam_snow_happy.gif

rahff the Snow Jetsam

Because he's a Jetsam, you can also get the "Jetsam - Chomp!" avatar when you borrow!

Oh, and for those that didn't notice, we also have a second Fire Blumaroo for lending as well, donated by tirmin!

I'm not sure what to vote for.... maybe I will vote for BGC as well since its the most expensive one so maybe we can try to get this first and the rest we will get it later...

Pet transfer chains - may I ask how you came up with that idea, because it sure is a brilliant one! :yes:

I voted for the BGC, simply because we've been working on it for a while now and, well, I'm not the sort to give up. :P

Since I'm new could you please explain how to get on a pet ransfer chain. I know I will probably have to wait awhile until my rank goes up, but it's a good thing to know. I voted for the Island Quiggle because with the np you have you can almost get that one and the draik one.

By the way, how do you donate?

Rules and guidelines and all that stuff about joining chains can be found here :) You can donate my buying some sand from the shop on the jerrypteri account.

@AA - Most of the lending on Charter is done in chains, we sort of borrowed the idea from there :P

In the "Available For Lending" subforum there is a topic for every pet we have to lend - generally speaking, all chains that have people in them for any given month will go ahead so you can apply to join any pet's chain :) In the case where we have two pet chains starting from the same account, we'll usually (pound) transfer one to a staffer's side account so the chain can begin from there instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am new here. Just registered today. Wow!! I have joine Neopets for almost 5.5 years, never know this forum have existed for 2 years. I am so happy to find this.

I am busy with with the Altador Club. Once I am over with it, I will focus on getting my avatars one by one. Thank you so much for this great program.

*big hug* :)