Schools Out!

Patch

Wow, you got out on my birthday! ^_^

We got out May 29th but I still have two weeks of summer Spanish to get through. x_x

Wow, you guys are lucky. XD I'm far from out of school - in fact, my exams are just about to start. :S

Enjoy it, I mean really enjoy it while you can! This will be my first full year as a non-student, not looking forward to the next couple of months of long hard work!

Superfly, the only bonus really is job=money!

I agree with vicjw!! You really should enjoy having holidays, cause once you leave school and start working you can't just go on holiday like you do when your at school and you only get 4 weeks (that is in NZ, not sure about everywhere else) a year!!!

ARGH... I do love the relaxed environment of not having to be quiet and do everything my teachers told me though!! and I definately don't miss the study, homework or exams!!!

School just ended here for me! :D I'm hopefully going to reinstall MSN and poke TJ, Xepha, Metroid, and Anime (hehe xD) all summer long! Just Kidding. :P

I'm a freshman now! *cringes*

Not for us. Our school just gets two months. 3/4 of which I'll be gone. So...I actually won't be posting much this summer.

Not until mid-July, at least. x_x

School doesn't end until the eighteenth around here. Exams at the high school start in two (?) days, and graduation is the nineteenth, I believe.

Although, I'm not in school any longer... I have friends who are, though.

I'm actually dreading this summer. I would kill to have it be earlier in the school year again. Come August, I'll be thrown into college (ahem, couldn't afford it until now), and my boyfriend will be living an hour away.

Which is going to suck. A lot.

The only good thing about this summer is I'll finally have a steady job again after getting let go last June from my old job.

Umm... Just a question how many holidays do you have in the US and for how long?

Ok I am confused in NZ it goes like this. Each term is followed by a two week holiday (four terms), except at the end of the year (end of term four) we get six weeks holiday :) So all up each year school children of all ages get a minimum of 12 weeks holidays :yes: College (or High School) students sometimes get more and some private schools also get more.

In America it is mostly like this:

School starts mid/late August or early September. During winter there is normally a winter break coinciding until Christmas. Most schools I know have it for about ten days--basically a week plus weekends. Semesters do not have to end at the end of each break, some schools do, some don't--my high school didn't, and we didn't have semesters or terms or anything in the lower grades. Around Easter there is then a ten(ish) day spring break, and then in late May to mid-June people get out for the end of the school year for about two months off.

It differs with private schools (especially ones where winter and spring breaks aren't based around Christian holidays, ie. Jewish schools, and the like), and with different sections of America. College is pretty different, as well.

School got out for me May 23rd and I begin School back up somewhere in August.

Summer Time

:king:

In America it is mostly like this:

School starts mid/late August or early September. During winter there is normally a winter break coinciding until Christmas. Most schools I know have it for about ten days--basically a week plus weekends. Semesters do not have to end at the end of each break, some schools do, some don't--my high school didn't, and we didn't have semesters or terms or anything in the lower grades. Around Easter there is then a ten(ish) day spring break, and then in late May to mid-June people get out for the end of the school year for about two months off.

Yep. :) However, winter break usually lasts until the 3rd of January. So it's about 13-15 days long.

We also get out of school for summer vacation in late May through early June.