Wait, I didn't know 0=1!

Mike.

Well, I'll explain TJ and mine just because I am bored. :P

There is this thing called extraneous roots, and when you divide by a variable (a, b, or x) you lose one of the answers. You kinda need to be at a high school math level to really understand it though.

x_x He hasn't even begun explaining it and I'm already confused.

I cracked up at your Miley signature, Mikey. xD

Uh, Mikey - you can't explain the whole thing with extraneous roots. :P

In regards to the first equation posted, surely the fact that when you factorize x^2-1 on the left of the equation, but don't on the right side of the equation is also a flaw? In such equations, you must do whatever action to both sides of the equation otherwise the results are not valid.

*shrugs* Of course, my limited high school maths knowledge reckons one cannot factorize the x-1 in the right of the equation, so then they factorization should not be allowed to occur at all.

But, whatever. 1 cannot equal 0. Just ask a computer.

Because factorization is just rearranging the variables/constants and not actually changing the overall value, you're allowed to do it on only one side. :yes: But it's already been explained why the method is invalid anyway. XD

No problem. :)

Now if only I could remember the equation that proved that girls = evil...

You don't need a mathematical equation to prove that - there's experimental evidence. :P

Now for another one:

It is well known that girls need time and money. Therefore, we say that

girls = time X money

It is also a well known fact that time is money, so

time = money

We substitute this into the original equation to obtain

girls = money X money

girls = (money)^2

Also, it has been proven that money is the root of all evil. So we substitute

money = (evil)^0.5

Note: the square root of a value can also be written as the value to the power of one half, as in the step above.

And thus we obtain

girls = ((evil)^0.5)^2

girls = evil

Heh, that's the triganometry thingy.

And not all girls are evil. We're just...mischevious. Especially to guys who are vulnerable/guillable. :D

Well the mathematical equation deals with girls in general, not necessarily specific ones. :P

*wonders if I can mathematically prove that DOOM cookies = irresistible*

I wouldn't bet on it. DOOM cookies are pure evil and need to be destroyed. No equation can make them seem otherwise.

Well since your mind has been corrupted to the point where your logic filters are completely dysfunctional, I won't argue with you on this board.

There was an equation like the "girls = evil" one, just for guys instead... I can't seem to remember it though. Aargh, mental block! *headdesk* Anybody know what it is?

o_O Wow, I totally missed your question. I should pay more attention to posts...

And I was actually shown the 'girls = evil' equation by a friend of mine during maths class... I guess he disapproved of the teacher's calculations. :P

Just a note - more effective would be: girls are the product of time and money. Product - geddit? Oh, never mind. :P

It's not stereotyping, it's mathematically proven! J/K :P

But seriously, I wish I could remember the one for boys...