APRIL FOOLS AND WELCOME TO Y3

Ian

APRIL FOOLS :: WELCOME TO Y3

For those of you who don't know, we promised last night that we were going to be releasing the newest version of our site, The Daily Neopets Y3, on April 1st at 6:00 PM. Oddly enough, the joke was that this WASN'T a joke. If you take a look at the main site... well. You'll see. The new TDN Y3 is HERE!

New navigation and content listings... the first thing that you may have noticed is that we've re-organized every single page on our site, alphabetized our article listings, and suped up some pages. We have our site broken up into 3 sections: helpful articles (general Neopets help), flash game guides (self explanatory), and Neopets plot guides. For each of these sections, we have a navigation box on the right. No more endless list of unalphebetized lists; things are much prettier now! Even though things ARE different, NO PAGES have gone! They're all still there.

Breadcrumbs... breadcrumbs show a relative path to a page. You can see the path to a page by looking under each page's read heading at the top of the white content box. Under there you may see something like this "The Daily Neopets > Helpful Articles > This is an article." Instead of going BACK to the right navigation, you can just click the "Helpful Article" links to get back to the article listing. It's the same for every category and every page. :) No more looking around for the right link; you can get to where you actually want to go.

tdnAccounts... we've created a new accounts portal at http://members.thedailyneopets.com. This is where you can register, log in, and log out of your tdnAccount. tdnAccounts work on our new avatar checklist Neo Avatars, the Battlepedia, and more main site features coming soon. tdnAccounts are different than your forums account, might I add.

Neo Avatars... we've just released our newest feature called Neo Avatars here! To take advantage of our avatar checklist features, please sign up for a tdnAccount. If you don't have an account, you can still view the avatar solutions (but you don't have access to use our checklist feature).

NEW CONTENT... we've just released 20 new pages of content to celebrate our site's third year in operation AND our new layout. Scroll around our pages to see what's new!

Altador Constellation Finder... we promised this a really (no, REALLY REALLY) long time ago and now it's HERE! It has the TWELFTH CONSTELLATION TOO!

These are just some of the many new features that have come to The Daily Neopets. We appreciate your patience. A few quick reminder announcements for you: we're still hiring ONE MORE CONTENT WRITER to join our team (hey, we have a fancy new Y3 admin panel too :D) and, as always, hiring more Battlepedia reviewers. Thanks for being a part of The Daily Neopets - the world's largest online Neopets resource!

Check out our Neopets Community where users just like YOU are chatting everyday.

Enjoy!

Honestly i dun like the new layout.

The account integration thingy is cool though

SKIN SELECTOR FTW

Hooray! I honestly did most of this, Ian basically did nothing.

Jkjk. A round of applause to Ian for working so -diligently- on this for the past months. *claps*

*seconds*

Ian rocks. He's our hero. He'll be there before you can count to zero. (:

Wooohooohooo!! It is done!

This project started months ago... and it is only the start, as we are planning to release more features, departments, etc. We will also continue to provide the best Neopets coverage ;)

Cheers!

I don't have the beta thing so I can't go to the avatar page anymore!

:ohno:

I believe it should be fixed now, but don't hold me to that. Give it a few minutes and try again.

*Locks Dillon in a closet*

We are partying... you are disturbing our party! Hope Meepey won't be too kind with you :P

Your just jeaouls i am different

Just because i dun like the layout doesnt mean i cant partay

I don't have the beta thing so I can't go to the avatar page anymore!

:ohno:

I believe it should be fixed now, but don't hold me to that. Give it a few minutes and try again.

Aw man! I just bet my life, army and Meeptroid's soul that this was a joke. Guess it's time to pay up...:(

But hooray for Y3! ^_^

Aw man! I just bet my life, army and Meeptroid's soul that this was a joke. Guess it's time to pay up...:(

But hooray for Y3! ^_^

*volunteers a leg to help out*

:D Glad you like Y3 though. ;)

But hooray for Y3! ^_^

:O I'm keeping that Bounce House. :O

Anyway, Y3 is awesome! Just like any other event that TDN has. :D

:D Well Congrats everyone!! It looks good, and I do think it is easier to find my way round once I got used to it. Got a bit lost to begin with hehe :jerrypteri:

Wow, TDN! I'm really impressed with all the hard work you have been putting into this. My site is also soon going other huge changes. :yes:

Anyway, I would like to point out a few things that have confused me already. There are a couple of links (Your Control Panel [after you are welcomed above the main site], Sign Up [located in the avatar db intro desc.]) that are just "#". Also, there's no link back to the main TDN site in your avatars db either. These are little things, yes. Everything looks great and good luck with TDN's constant expansion. :D