Navigation Bar Icons

shayk

Hey did the navigation bar icons disappear for everyone or did I accidently change a setting in my preferences or something??? I noticed last night, none of the icons in the quick navigation bar across the top of the screen are there anymore. In their place are the links listed out...I don't like it (grumble, grumble)

They disappeared for everybody. I was used to the little icons as well... after 5 years and a half on Neopets... Let's hope TNT will replace the text links with something that will look even better than what they had!

Guest Sloth Von Karma
They disappeared for everybody. I was used to the little icons as well... after 5 years and a half on Neopets... Let's hope TNT will replace the text links with something that will look even better than what they had!

Yep, me too. Those items were so classical, and very useful to me!

I'm very disappointed at what TNT has done, and I'm sure they'll get some complaints in the NT this weekend, because the text links are really hard to navigate through.

I noticed that as well. Perhaps its a sign of a new nav bar?

And before anyone suggests it, NO! Sloth didn't steal it :P

I've been theorizing that they might have tried to change the nav bar, but had trouble with the new one somehow and are currently fixing it...

At any rate, they should probably put back the old one or finish a new one pronto. :yes:

I do like that theory AA, it makes sense.

To be honest, I don't really care about the nav bar disappearing. I know it will come back eventually, so I'll just wait until it does. *shrugs*

I find it a bit weird, but I have all the links I need bookmarked, so that's not a problem for me either. :P

I hope it comes back! I was so used to the bar, I knew where to click without even really paying attention and now it takes forever trying to figure out which one to click on! I don't understand why they would have taken that down to make a new one before the new one was up. Don't you think they would have just put the new one up rather than links? I sure hope there is a new one or something, links are boring!

And they usually do all testing on their pwnsome staffer accounts... So unless a remake of Neopia Central is coming, I don't understand why they would have put a so hard way to navigate around it.

A remake of Neopia Central... it's a bit early for that.

But maybe there's a remake of the shop/gallery system coming? That would be cool. :yes:

I too really miss it! I used the bar all the time. Those test links are not quickly distinguishable and take up a LOT of space...maybe that's their plan :shiftyeyes_anim: to slow navigation around the site so I have to look at the adds longer...I feel like I'm being soooo paranoid!

TNT will bring back the nav bar. Either it will be a new, similar one or the old one.

There are some smart people in TNT and I'm sure at least one of them could figure out that a nav bar is way better than just words.

It'll be back.

Agreed. TNT is not stupid, the only serious mistakes they have made were probably ordered by Viacom...