Agility stat - does it really matter?

Saisons

Yeah, but if you look at the top pets in Neopia (one of the articles in the battlepedia) the top three at least have their agility trained even more than their defense, to the point where their movement points are at least twice their defense points. So, what am I to believe?

I was hoping for more than "I read it somewhere...." No offense or anything. Does anyone actually know?

OK, now I've looked at the top 11 battling neopets, and ALL of them have trained their agility to two or three (or more) times that of their defense. That cannot be an accident.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Xepha) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Double post. Please use the edit button next time. Posts merged.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Well i suppose i could try finding an article 4 u ;) I read it somewhere, though i cant remember where.

Found it:

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/ind.../Fast-Training/

"QUAL STATS: Make sure that all your stats are equal (it will cost you more if you left one stat behind once you increase in course type). This leaves the question: Should you train agility? The best answer is NO because agility doesn’t take any part in Battledome fights since BD fights are turn-based. But there are some (and I mean very very few) Battledome equipments that works best if you have the recommended agility standard (example: Heavy Robe of Thievery which requires 200+ agility and 100+ intelligence to steal a weapon). If you are the kind of person that would like to make your pet PERFECT, then go ahead and train but still I recommend not training agility anymore."

I'd like to add...

if you only own 1 pet on your account, you will get all the faerie quests results for your battle pet, which should eventually brings the agility up. Coltzan's shrine can also raise your agility...

Basicly, I'd say do not train agility because it will be raised by site dailies or random events and it has no use in the battledome, except the one to equip expensive weapons.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Xepha).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Neopet Help to Battlepedia / Battledome Chat.

Guest Sloth Von Karma

Exactly. Agility is an optional stat in the Battledome - you don't NEED to train it, but if you do, you'll get naturally some good advantages, like the Heavy Robe of Thievary usage (combined with 100 Intelligence, but that's easy to reach, reading books), and first go in battles. This matters for PPoT (Prickly Potion), which is a very popular weapon.