The Daily Dare Coming Soon!

Superfly

Yep, that's right folks, the Daily Dare will probably be returning in March. We'd like to thank lemonest on our forums to pointing this out to us. You can view the "Coming Soon" Daily Dare page,

HERE!

dd_prize.gif

TDN will be following the Daily Dare very closely and we will continue to bring you more information as we know it. You can always check our our forums to chat about this upcoming Neopets event or anything you'd like. Our forums are a great source of help for those working on the Return of Dr. Sloth plot, so be sure to check them out. :O Maybe the Daily Dare will have something to do with the plot this year. We'll have to wait to find out!

There was a question in the editorial a good while back about people wanting the av again... But yeah, a sidebar mgiht end up being there as well. xD

And am I the only one that doesn't want to be in front of that door when whatever's in there gets let out? xD

Well technically this is the second Daily Dare, the thing late last year (with the trophy)was different (and had no avatar as a result).

Still, this will be my first Daily Dare and I'm looking forward to showing AAA what I'm made of. Plus it's in the best month of the year (March=month my birthday is in, therefore the best :P )

Well technically this is the second Daily Dare, the thing late last year (with the trophy)was different (and had no avatar as a result).

Still, this will be my first Daily Dare and I'm looking forward to showing AAA what I'm made of. Plus it's in the best month of the year (March=month my birthday is in, therefore the best :P )

You are 100% correct. :)

Last April I believe was the first ever Daily Dare, which is one game challenger per each day of the month.

The Games Master Challenge was different, indeed.

You are 100% correct. :)

Last April I believe was the first ever Daily Dare, which is one game challenger per each day of the month.

The Games Master Challenge was different, indeed.

That's true, although it was in March, not April. You selected Abigail or AAA and tried to beat him at his/her game. Each day a new game would be featured.

Hopefully I can get the Av, I think TDN needs to change that Avatar from Retired to Seasonal.

If we find out that the avatar is obtainable on the 15th day of the Daily Dare, not only will we change the avatar from Retired to Seasonal we'll make a whole news post about it. :) Howdya like them apples!!

Oh, I certainly do like those apples! ...though granny smith apples are still better...

Okay, so how you all explained it above: The last thing AAA was part of was not Daily Dare, which I understand. But, why would they use the same people for two different things? *sighs* Oh well. Hopefully we'll get an avatar! *eyes sparkle*

Oh, I certainly do like those apples! ...though granny smith apples are still better...

Okay, so how you all explained it above: The last thing AAA was part of was not Daily Dare, which I understand. But, why would they use the same people for two different things? *sighs* Oh well. Hopefully we'll get an avatar! *eyes sparkle*

I'm going to do my best to answer your question, or at why I, personally, think they used the same person for both events.

To my knowledge, TNT had no idea that the original Daily Dare was going to be SO BIG. Users flocked to it daily, game playing skyrocketed, and most of all for TNT their sponsers were getting SO MANY CLICKS and VEIEWS. So, TNT made boat loads of money, while users had fun, and were experimenting with new games (games they might have have ever played before) in the game room. So, in their eyes it was a win win.

Now, due to the success of the original one, they need a site event later in the year. As a filler, one might say. Something reasonably easy to program and code, but yet was different from the normal Neopets experience. At this point, the pound had been down for months and users were probably waiting for long lost plot prizes for some plot. They needed SOMETHING. They couldn't just bring back the Daily Dare, because it was already done that year and doing the SAME thing in the SAME year is a no-no. So, they decided to modify it a little. Keep all the same characters that everyone has come to know and love, get those sponsors back to earn them some more $$ - and keep the users distracted from the infamous to-do list of TNT.

So, they needed something people were familar with, but yet still different. Hense the difference between the "Daily Dare" and the "Games Master Challenge". Both have the same character(s) and are centered in the gameroom, users like it, and they make boat loads of money. They couldn't go wrong.

Hmm... maybe each year we'll have a Daily Dare event followed by a Games Master Challenge? That would certainly be interesting.

Great view on that, TJ. In fact, TNT did get tons of people playing those games and not to mention more members joining Neopets, because more members = more probability of them signing up to Premium or buy things from NC Mall = more profit.

That not discarding the sponsors. Non-premium members (which are around 85% of Neopian population) have a high tendency to click them because they so frequently show up and some are really interesting and captivating. However, you must remember that most of them are also using Internet Explorer, and therefore are not equipped with a good adblocker, unlike the Firefox members (like me), which eradicate it completely with the help of Chromedit, too. ;)

Yes, Will I'll give you most of what you said. :) Just a small thing to add...

Don't forget about the ads that were placed inside of the game loading screens, so ever game play was probably considered a "view" of some sort for that ad. Each day was sponsored by someone different, if I remember correctly.

I agree with you abot the more users, I did not think of that. I believe at one time they had TV ads running for the "Daily Dare" and "AAA" and stuff like that, so I'm sure there was an increase in sign-ups.

And HBK, chances are with how successful it's been, we'll be seeing both every year. :)

I think Neopets ultimate goal is to have /something/ every month for it's users to do, outside from the regular neopets, whether it be the Daily Dare, Games Master Challenger, a plot...etc. At least, as a user, that's what I would like to see.

Uuuuuuuuhuhuhuhuhu how exiting =)

Apart from winning items, the thing you get out of Daily Dare and other contests like it, is:

1. You end up making a good amount of NPs, and

2. You suddently discover how good you are at games you've never played before!

Last time, I discovered how EASY Warf Rescue Team is - and three quick plays make 3000 NPs =D