Professor Layton's Riddles and Puzzles!

Guest Will

Professor Layton's Riddles and Puzzles

Professor Layton and the Curious Village is a popular DS game, released on Feb. 10th 2008 in the US. It is a puzzle game, and features over 160 puzzles in-game, with Wi-Fi puzzles each week with can be downloaded directly from Nintendo servers for who has a Wi-Fi connection up and running.

Now, as TDN has a contest section, I plan to bring Layton's puzzles here.

Now, you may be thinking: "Oh, these will be really easy, as it's a kids game." Wrong. Some of these puzzles will have you going literally mad looking and thinking to get the correct answers.

However, in order not to dismotivate players from the start, I'll start with this week's easy, but tricky, puzzle. Every week, a new puzzle will be posted here, and you can even win Neopets prizes from it!

Limited to 10 people per correct answer.

Please send me the answers via PM, and not here in this topic, to avoid potential cheating. You can discuss the solution between yourselves, but please don't give out too much info.

Prizes: 1st Prize - 5k Neopoints

2nd Prize - 1k Neopoints

3rd to 10th Prize - Random Item (cheaper than 1k)

Note that prize places will be given according to how complete the answer you give me is, and DOES NOT implicate first correct answer - first prize.

I will evaluate your answers and post the winners after the deadline for each puzzle.

Let's start!

Week One Puzzle (Five to Four) - Difficulty 2/5

Deadline: February 24th

A set of matches are arranged so they form five squares.

To solve this puzzle, you need to change the number of squares below from five to four by moving exactly two matches.

Your four squares must be uniform in size, and you must use all of your matches when forming the squares.

Note: You can rotate the matches, but that will count as a move.

puzzle1.jpg

Good luck to all.

Oh, and Anime gave me permission to exclusively double post here because of post length issues - thanks!

Your four squares must be uniform in size, and you must use all of your matches when forming the squares.

Just to clarify, the four squares we make must be all exactly the same size? I can see how to do it easily enough if one can be larger... if it can't I'll have to think some more xD

Just to clarify, the four squares we make must be all exactly the same size? I can see how to do it easily enough if one can be larger... if it can't I'll have to think some more xD

Yes, all squares must be equal in size.