Wahoo! Arcade Tournament! [in progress]

Mike.

Aspiring Contenders,

If you didn't notice by the topic title, we are having an arcade tournament! Well, technically we are having two. There will be two tourneys running simultaneously, but you can only enter in one. The two games for this tourney are Snake and Tower Blaster! Check out the following subtopics to see how this all works. :)

Use This Form to Enter!

(just post it here)

Name:

Preferred Game to Compete in:

Easy, huh? Well only 8 people can enter in a tournament so if there are more than 8 people that register for a game, it will be chosen randomly.

How It All Works

1. If you are chosen to compete, your member ID will be entered and the tournament will all be set up. Just go to 'Arcade' (up at the top) and scroll down until you see a little table and click 'View All Tournaments'. It is really quite self-explanatory.
  2. You will see how the tourney is setup, so just go and play the tourney game that you are registered for and send the highest score possible. If you beat your opponent, you advance to the next stage.
  3. The winner of each tournament will go on to face each other in...SUDDEN DEATH! Sudden death is an unknown game, a mini-tourney against the two winners.

4. Whomever wins that game will win the grand prize of: ????. The runner-up will receive 20k nps as a prize.

5. The overall winner also receives bragging rights, which is always the best prize.

Note: Registration will formally end on Sunday night. The actual tournament will begin on Monday.

Tell me if I've forgotten anything. If I haven't, started signing up!

Thanks,

Mike

Sounds fun, I'm in!

Name: DOOM Bringer

Preferred Game to Compete in: Snake

Name: Strategos

Preferred Game to Compete in: Tower Blaster

For the next tournament, could you have Acno's Energizer?

Sure, why not?

Aang, we aren't voting on a game. :P These are just sign-ups. But yes, Snake is extremely popular. More people need to sign up for Tower Blaster! xD

Hooray. I am making the tournament now. :)

For everyone's information: we are using two staff members as fillers for Tower Blaster. *cough*dontworrythey'renotgood*cough*

EDIT: It has been created! Go do your thing! ;)

Wow, I'm through to the semis as well :O . I actually accidentally sent in some really bad scores and I thought I was going to get beaten really badly, but somehow I'm through. Bring it on Zac/sheela!!!

Look like you have me to deal with. ;)

Yes, and a good score you hit there against Sacrificed. Let's see if you can maintain your momentum. :evil:

Yes, and a good score you hit there against Sacrificed. Let's see if you can maintain your momentum. :evil:

I'm pretty cerain my momentum has a nice amount of fuel left. ^_^

I have a feeling you'll be a worthy opponent against me.

Thanks, Meeptroid.

And I would like to propose the return of Super Mario Power Coins to the arcade.

To all those who didn't know, TDN had the 2006 August games when v5 was launched and we had the arcade, but with IPB v. 2.3.3, the arcade didn't include this game, and as it was my favorite back then, could anyone bring it back to the arcade? Thanks!

Here if you want to play it, but there's nothing like competing in an arcade to get 1st place. xD

That was probably one of my favorite games too!

I would love to see that game return to the arcade.

You won and have passed to the finals. I just couldn't make it. Good luck there. xD

Thanks.

Good try, though. At least you got a higher score than last time.

Yep. They should have made a consolation 3rd prize match, to see who wins between the semi-final losers (like the World Cup).