Age Shield

Cattt

You know the age shield that appears with the number of months/years that account has been on Neopets? Well I heard somewhere, I can't remember where, that it is a freezable offense if you format the layout to either cover or replace the picture shield with something else. Is that true?

Not completly. You can cover the shield with another shield that says something like "forever" or "too long", but what you CAN'T do is replace your current shield with another neo shield. (i.e. replace a newbie shield with a 4-year shield).

I probably confused you even more, but I hope that at least helps. ^_^

To clarify what Morgan said, you can't cover it with an offical sheild (like she said, putting a 4 year sheild over a Newbie once and vice versa), but you can make an OBVIOUSLY FAKE shelid, such as one that says "Way too long", "forever", or "A billion years", and cover it with that.

Why is it against the rules to cover up your shield on your user lookup? I understand the sidebar and overhead bar, but why the shield? ~wowlooktwhatsgone

Covering your shield with an image that goes along with your UL theme is fine. What we don't want anyone doing is using another Neopets shield to deceive other players into thinking an account is older or younger than it really is. Your shield can say things like "forever" or "eleventy billion years and still going strong" or something that is obviously fictitious, but please do not place a 56 month shield over your 2 week shield to make your account look older, or vice versa.

And it is perfectly acceptable to replace the top and side bars as well. :)

- From Neopian Times issue number 248

There's TNT's official statement on the matter of replacing the shield on your user lookup.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Xepha).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from to .

Yea, that's basically it. You can cover it up with something that is completely false, but not with a neo-shield.you can also put an image over it as long as the image says the same thing as the shield under it

@ V moved from to?