Puzzles

ishamaria

Just like the Brain Teasers forum I am going to keep track of everyone's score. Once you reach ten you get a prize. I'll keep the puzzles posted for a little while. If nobody gets them right I will post the answer and a new puzzle.

Scores:

livelovelaughalot: 2

Myriad: 1

Doc Loc: 1

Okay the first puzzle is:

Daniel and his family were very religious. They went to church every Sunday. One day Daniel's father was asked to relocate because of a job promotion. Daniel's family moved to a new city on Saturday. On Sunday everybody but Daniel slept in. Daniel felt tired but decided to go to church and thank God for the safe move straightway and he would lead the others to the church a little later in the day. The sign outside said St. Joseph's Catholic Church. He went inside to find a service was being conducted but he did not understand a word they were saying. Why?

1. It had nothing to do with the accents

2. They have not moved to a country outside of the USA

3. Daniel was only 10 years old

4.The language used in the church was English and not Latin

5.He did not have a problem with his ears. He could hear everything that was said

6.The city they moved to was Washington.

Because Daniel is from another country that doesn't use English, or his home atmosphere just simply wasn't an english speaking home!

Yes! Daniel's father was the Italian Ambassador. He moved from Rome to Washington. Daniel only spoke Italian.

Here's the next puzzle:

There was a robbery at a bank. Two people had broken in and had killed 3 people. A young child had seen what had happened and was the only witness yet she never confronted the people. Why?

1. She told her mother about it yet her mother did not do anything about it.

Was it a video game? An her mother didn't mind her playing those violent type games?

That is close enough. The answer was that she watched a television show about robbries.

Next Puzzle:

Change one letter each line form the starting word to make the final word:

CHOP

____

____

____

TREE

I may need to double check this but try to see if you can solve this one.

I don't think I am doing this right at all lol, but I got chotee. It's a spanish word for mock. I bet I am doing this totally wrong!

You don't add a letter. You have to switch the letters with another letter each time you climb down. (It's actually called a word ladder or something).

Yes they are, thew is a muscle and thee is just like thou but in a different form. You can look them both up on answers.com that's what I use for a dictionary pretty often and they are both on there.

Edit: Good idea to include a link loocem, so I will do that too! Here are links to each word in thefreedictionary.com thew can be found here: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/thew and Thee can be found here: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/thee